Blue Bombers Forum
July 17, 2018, 06:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "10 faces in new places"  (Read 2592 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 04:22:44 PM »

I never cherry picked anything, others used Messam?s YPC stats last year as indication he?s done.  I just stated that Harris? similar stats in 2015 suggest otherwise.

No, it doesn't.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 04:32:38 PM »

I never cherry picked anything, others used Messam?s YPC stats last year as indication he?s done.  I just stated that Harris? similar stats in 2015 suggest otherwise.
What you did is actually the definition of cherry-picking. 
Bond

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 04:33:06 PM »

No, it doesn't.

Who knew 4.7 yards per carry by Harris in 2015 differs from the exact same stats by Messam in 2017.  Roll Eyes
theaardvark

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 04:39:24 PM »

Take one stat, compare it to a random year of another players stats, and imply that they are equal?  Do you even English bro?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking_(disambiguation)

Cherry picking is the fallacy of selecting evidence that supports an argument while ignoring evidence that contradicts it.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Bond

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 04:42:09 PM »

Take one stat, compare it to a random year of another players stats, and imply that they are equal?  Do you even English bro?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking_(disambiguation)

Cherry picking is the fallacy of selecting evidence that supports an argument while ignoring evidence that contradicts it.

All I did was compare a stat someone else used as evidence to suggest Messam was done.  Don?t throw a grenade and cry foul when someone throws it back.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2018, 04:47:40 PM »

All I did was compare a stat someone else used as evidence to suggest Messam was done.  Don?t throw a grenade and cry foul when someone throws it back.

But that doesn't substantiate or prove anything. Committing a logical fallacy is a sure-fire way to destroy one's own argument. Well done. You've effectively taken said grenade but when you threw it back, you fumbled it and the grenade landed at your feet.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:18:13 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
booch

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2018, 05:32:36 PM »

if he wasn't done CGY wouldn't have told him to seek out options...and if you watched last half of last year...he struggled..especially if he had to carry the work load...and had next to no stamina left in the tank..If you are hitching a wagon to him as a ratio starting entity on your team your in trouble...as who is to back him up? and not lose an import receiver ?

As for that elite receiving corp...As mentioned Rosie is a band aid...is not a spring chicken anymore and is most likely another concussion away from being out longterm...Bakari Grant had an aberration of a season and won't replicate that again...ever...Bagg is on downside...and not much of a threat last year already...Carter...great some games...average some...non-existent others and I bet this year will cause issues within the room....so whats so great about that? I'd take Edmonton..B.C and and even Winnipeg over that show
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »

Another thread turned into talking about Saskatchewan.  ewwww.

I suspect Saskatchewan, like all teams, being good or bad is going to depend a lot on health.  Any team loses one or two starting oline for any length of time and you are finished.  Started QB goes down...good luck.  It's a long long season and typically team that is health at the end stands the best chance.
bluebeard

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 10:27:57 PM »

Another thread turned into talking about Saskatchewan.  ewwww.

I suspect Saskatchewan, like all teams, being good or bad is going to depend a lot on health.  Any team loses one or two starting oline for any length of time and you are finished.  Started QB goes down...good luck.  It's a long long season and typically team that is health at the end stands the best chance.
Now that makes good sense...........well put.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2018, 04:28:01 AM »

OK, Bond & other Messam-lovers, what does SSK do on O when Messam comes off every couple of plays to catch his breath?  How do they maintain the ratio?  No LaFrance to put in instead.  No Demski.  What NAT can they possibly put in the backfield when old-man Messam is catching his breath on the sidelines?  Or does Jones just flat out cheat the ratio?

Our O RB/REC depth means that BB won't have a similar problem with Harris.  Better yet, Harris seems to stay in for waaaay more plays than Messam does.
Chris1982
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2018, 09:06:45 AM »

OK, Bond & other Messam-lovers, what does SSK do on O when Messam comes off every couple of plays to catch his breath?  How do they maintain the ratio?  No LaFrance to put in instead.  No Demski.  What NAT can they possibly put in the backfield when old-man Messam is catching his breath on the sidelines?  Or does Jones just flat out cheat the ratio?

Our O RB/REC depth means that BB won't have a similar problem with Harris.  Better yet, Harris seems to stay in for waaaay more plays than Messam does.

Why do you think their backup RB has to be NAT?  Last year for a few games at the end of the season, they ran their offense with Trent Richardson at RB and he is an INT.  Considering Messam is NAT, why could they not use an INT to give Messam a breather?  Not sure what their ratio is right now or what difference this makes....
the paw

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2018, 04:51:57 PM »

Why do you think their backup RB has to be NAT?  Last year for a few games at the end of the season, they ran their offense with Trent Richardson at RB and he is an INT.  Considering Messam is NAT, why could they not use an INT to give Messam a breather?  Not sure what their ratio is right now or what difference this makes....

Yes, they will use Richardson or Marshall or Christian Jones or Thigpen as a DI that can come in to rest Messam.  When they do that, they will likely sub in Devon Bailey or Jake Harty for Bakari Grant to keep the ratio balanced. 

grab grass 'n growl
Chris1982
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2018, 04:56:16 PM »

Yes, they will use Richardson or Marshall or Christian Jones or Thigpen as a DI that can come in to rest Messam.  When they do that, they will likely sub in Devon Bailey or Jake Harty for Bakari Grant to keep the ratio balanced. 

I just didn't understand his logic as to why he thinks their backup has to be NAT. There's no reason I could see.
gbill2004

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2018, 05:03:04 PM »

I just didn't understand his logic as to why he thinks their backup has to be NAT. There's no reason I could see.
Doesn't have to be, but it's a lot easier to manage during an in-game injury, if the backup to the injured national starter is also a national. Otherwise you need to sub in a national starter elsewhere on the roster.  This topic has been discussed quite a bit here in the past and is an interesting disucssion.   
Chris1982
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2018, 06:16:33 PM »

Doesn't have to be, but it's a lot easier to manage during an in-game injury, if the backup to the injured national starter is also a national. Otherwise you need to sub in a national starter elsewhere on the roster.  This topic has been discussed quite a bit here in the past and is an interesting disucssion.   

I understand that.  I am not questioning the "theory" behind it.  I fully understand the ratio.  I just meant that he specifically mentioned Sask needing a NAT RB to spell Messam.  I was just questioning his isolated case.  Not the whole theory of NAT vs. INT ratio. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: