Blue Bombers Forum
July 17, 2018, 06:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "10 faces in new places"  (Read 2589 times)
dd

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 03:56:48 AM »

Dumpster fire?!? How ya figure that?? Their receiving corps is second to none, they ve got the beast Messam hauling the rock, they signed Collaros--who left the dumpster fire Kent Austin set fire to, and they acquired Charleston Hughes, who with Jefferson, give the riders the best D line rush attack there is. Ya, real dumpster fire there for sure!!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 04:47:37 AM »

Dumpster fire?!? How ya figure that?? Their receiving corps is second to none, they ve got the beast Messam hauling the rock, they signed Collaros--who left the dumpster fire Kent Austin set fire to, and they acquired Charleston Hughes, who with Jefferson, give the riders the best D line rush attack there is. Ya, real dumpster fire there for sure!!
The Riders look pretty good but their fortunes ride on Collaros.  If he can even regain a good percentage of what he had early in his career he will improve the Riders....but that remains to be seen.   They got to last year?s East final through Ottawa and then lost to the eventual GC champs.....so they done good....better than we did.   Jones may be rather bizarre at times....but he?s not stupid....somewhat arrogant yes.....but he?s won a Cup....just my opinion.   

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
theaardvark

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 05:16:07 AM »

Awesome o-line and no Canadian depth... sure, they have a few receivers, but beyond that what do they have on O?

but sure, Messam and Hughes reclaimed from the Stamps scrapheap, and Collaros from the Tabbies, Hurl stolen from us Wink ...

And Carter, who if he does beat his multiple charges, is still going to require counseling from a guy that is already overstretched, doing multiple jobs that Hufnagel, Buono, and Austin have all decided it not a reasonable idea.  But "Hubris" Jones thinks he can do it...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
DM83

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 11:47:10 AM »

Ok.  Does anyone. Think the Bombers can stop the Riders run game?  All they have to do is hand the ball to Messam, and they score.

I think they have a better team easily.
Head to head match ups....they are better across the board. Sad but true.
Bombers can't seem to sign what they need.
And the albatross of a lack of playoff success......equates to whatever happens between May and Octiber is just entertainment.

When the going gets tough, the Bombers just get .lol!
Chris1982
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 12:02:24 PM »

Ok.  Does anyone. Think the Bombers can stop the Riders run game?  All they have to do is hand the ball to Messam, and they score.

And the albatross of a lack of playoff success......equates to whatever happens between May and Octiber is just entertainment.

I agree with previous posters that Messam is not as good as he once was, but he is definitely still going to be a big presence and tough to take down.  He is going to bring a whole new dimension to the Riders offense that they have been lacking the past few years. 
sweep the leg

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 12:43:53 PM »

I don't buy this. Roosevelt is really good, but can't stay healthy. Carter is a head case whose career best is 1,043 yards, despite being "the most talent receiver in the history of the world", Grant has been average at best for most of his career, Holley is a 600 yard receiver until proven otherwise, and Bagg is just a guy.

I'd take Hamilton's group over Sask, and probably the potential of Calgary's group too.
dd

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 01:04:50 PM »

Messam is a beast, if Collaros struggles, they simply hand the rock off to him and he will pound us senseless. If Collaros doesn't struggle, yikes!!! Like I said, they may not be Grey Cup favourites, but they are a far, far cry from a dumpster fire.

IF, and its a dramatic big if, we sign Muamba, I believe our run stopping problems are solved, plus we get a very solid NAT starter--which is why I can't believe we haven't signed him. If we don't sign him, our run D is questionable/unknown at best and our NAT ratio isn't as strong...all of this for $20,000, sounds like a steal of a deal to me.
Bond

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 02:14:17 PM »

I don't buy this. Roosevelt is really good, but can't stay healthy. Carter is a head case whose career best is 1,043 yards, despite being "the most talent receiver in the history of the world", Grant has been average at best for most of his career, Holley is a 600 yard receiver until proven otherwise, and Bagg is just a guy.

Roosevelt can?t stay healthy?  He had one injury last year & missed 4 games.  That?s like saying Darvin Adams can?t stay healthy

Carter?s talent is unquestionable.  He had over 1000 yards receiving and played 4 games on defence.
Bond

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 02:19:36 PM »

I agree with previous posters that Messam is not as good as he once was, but he is definitely still going to be a big presence and tough to take down.  He is going to bring a whole new dimension to the Riders offense that they have been lacking the past few years. 

Agreed.  Messam had the same YPC average last year as Andrew Harris did in his last year with BC.   
booch

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 03:28:27 PM »

Messam is hardly a force now...he gets bagged early and a few big its in a game really takes a toll on him. Some games after a big run he had to sit for pretty much sometimes the rest of the offensive series ...and he has a weak oline in front of him now..probably bottom 3rd in the league in quality...and last in depth.

All these Sask tire pumpers...fans and media alike are going to realize they are a 500 team...and thats if Collaros plays halfway decent...if he doesn't...she gonna be ugly there
theaardvark

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »

Messam last year against us...

DATE    WEEK   OPP    CAR YDS TD AVG    LG
07-07    3        WPG    17    71    0    4.2    9
11-03    20    WPG      12    30    0    2.5    6

Not scared of Messam, especially with Collaros and their Oline...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 03:46:31 PM »

Sask is going to be the "biggest" team to watch;
why?
my opinion as to why I think this;

Offence
-huge gamble on Colloris, a very interesting storyline in itself to watch unfold.....will he be 2015 version again?
-o-line strong on paper, but again riddlled with questions, can they stay healthy as depth is very poor, and another great storyline to unfold is can Bond who was a great guard be a great tackle?
-recievers, wow that's talent! always a storyline in itself is how long is Carters leash, and what "controversy" will he cause?
-RB one of the best over the last few seasons, Messam does he still have anything left in that tank of a body he has? again a storyline in itself.

Defence;
-That d-line rivals the best in recent memory, will it be as good as it looks on paper?
-LB well Muamba vs. Hurl.....very good vs. ok
-DB how long can JJ play at the level he is?

Overall the team appears to have talent and some really strong areas. The thing is Jones has gone "all in" on a few spots and if it works he could very well be hoisting another cup with that roster. The problem I see for them though is there are lots of "ifs" Many stars have to line up for them to realize the "paper talent"
whether they go 18-0 or 0-18 there will be lot's of eyes and storylines surrounding this years Riders.
I can only imagine the nicknames and storyboards Rod Black will run with with the Riders...lol
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 03:51:36 PM »

Messam is a beast, if Collaros struggles, they simply hand the rock off to him and he will pound us senseless. If Collaros doesn't struggle, yikes!!! Like I said, they may not be Grey Cup favourites, but they are a far, far cry from a dumpster fire.

How much success did Messam have last season vs. the Bombers? In two games, he had 29 CAR for 101 yards (3.5 YPC). Behind a top tier O-line. Did you even watch him?

Ease up on the chicken little emotion-posting.

Roosevelt can?t stay healthy?  He had one injury last year & missed 4 games.  That?s like saying Darvin Adams can?t stay healthy

He was also injured the previous two seasons, missing a total of 15 games. Over three seasons, he's played 35 games and missed 19.

But of course you'd resort to deflection yet again.

Agreed.  Messam had the same YPC average last year as Andrew Harris did in his last year with BC.   

Such baffling cherry-picking of stats. What does Harris' YPC average in 2015 have to do with anything? Oh, wait... That's just more deflection.

"What a diehard CFL fan," said nobody ever.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »

SSK will be the team to watch, that's for sure...

Bond

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 04:19:30 PM »

Such baffling cherry-picking of stats. What does Harris' YPC average in 2015 have to do with anything? Oh, wait... That's just more deflection.

"What a diehard CFL fan," said nobody ever.

I never cherry picked anything, others used Messam?s YPC stats last year as indication he?s done.  I just stated that Harris? similar stats in 2015 suggest otherwise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: