Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 08:06:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Fan Forum - new date April 19th  (Read 3208 times)
Chris1982
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 06:02:25 PM »

I saw another (unconfirmed) source today that has the Jets first round home games as April 11, 13, 20 and 25.  So looks like the Fan Forum on April 11 will be crickets.  Nice job Wade....probably exactly what the Bombers wanted.   
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »

Honestly.....what can a person learn at the forum that you can't learn here ? Anything said at the forum will end up here...and if anyone has a question after the forum, then I'm sure somebody here will have the answer.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 01:25:55 AM »

There is value to be there.  Not everything is reported here.  And there is opportunity to talk with people like the coach, the GM and the President.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sec223

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 11:10:45 AM »

Class-less move or over-sight ?
gbill2004

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 12:24:00 PM »

Class-less move or over-sight ?
Some Jets players were talking last night in their post game interviews that they already know when the first playoff game is.  If the Jets know it as common knowledge and fans were able to find the likely date a few days ago, I'm sure that could have easily communicated that to the Bombers for their planning purposes.  Of all dates the Bombers could have picked, this seems intentional, in my opinion.  They could have had the fan forum any day this week, or even Tuesday of next week. 
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 01:49:25 PM »

I'm sure the date was chosen weeks ago as there is obviously coordination around ensuring that the Bombers personnel and staff are in attendance. As well, why would they possibly try to put on an event with low attendance? These things still cost money and take up time so to intentionally sabotage the event is counter to common sense. What purpose would that fulfill? They are not scared (nor do they care) about anyone's cockeyed questions and I don't believe their governance structure mandates this type of event. As long as I can remember it's always been around this time which corresponds with the release of the annual report and financial statements. Sometimes that's going to mean the Jets will be in the playoffs. The two are not related.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:51:26 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »

I'm sure the date was chosen weeks ago as there is obviously coordination around ensuring that the Bombers personnel and staff are in attendance. As well, why would they possibly try to put on an event with low attendance? These things still cost money and take up time so to intentionally sabotage the event is counter to common sense. What purpose would that fulfill? They are not scared (nor do they care) about anyone's cockeyed questions and I don't believe their governance structure mandates this type of event. It's a fan forum, meaning, it's in place for fans to get a financial update and to ask a question. If that doesn't offer you enough value for time, don't go. As long as I can remember it's always been around this time which corresponds with the release of the annual report and financial statements. Sometimes that's going to mean the Jets will be in the playoffs. The two are not related.
If you have attended these events, you may have noticed that they are progressively getting less and less interactive.  At least in my opinion, they don't really like getting questions from the fans in attendance and have been limiting the number of questions that can be asked.  Just my opinion, but I get the sense this forum is something the Bombers feel they have to do, and not something they want to do.  I doubt it would be too much work in switching it to Tuesday the 10th if they really wanted more fans to attend.  I have attended the last 7-8 fan forums and this will be the first one I won't be attending, because the Jets play that night, which is disappointing. 
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 02:13:47 PM »

There is value to be there.  Not everything is reported here.  And there is opportunity to talk with people like the coach, the GM and the President.

So it's not much more than a meet and greet, the coach GM or the president aren't going to be saying anything more than they would to the media.
Stretch

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018, 02:17:29 PM »

to intentionally sabotage the event is counter to common sense.

Which makes it no surprise that it was suggested here.  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »

So it's not much more than a meet and greet, the coach GM or the president aren't going to be saying anything more than they would to the media.

You are correct. The Bomber brain trust will not be divulging internal secrets or private operating strategies at this event. They will probably only share that which is meant for public knowledge at this public event.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2018, 04:50:58 PM »

You are correct. The Bomber brain trust will not be divulging internal secrets or private operating strategies at this event. They will probably only share that which is meant for public knowledge at this public event.

To expect anything more is beyond ludicrous.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2018, 05:03:31 PM »

To expect anything more is beyond ludicrous.

So basically it's about any free food that might be available ?
gbill2004

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »

A couple years ago they offered free popcorn, but last time there was no free food.
Chris1982
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 06:21:08 PM »

Anytime there is free food anywhere, people will show up.   Grin Grin
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2018, 06:43:21 PM »

all these people sour over the possibility of this fan forum being on the same night the Jets win the Stanley Cup?!?! Last I checked you need to win 16 games to win the Stanley Cup and not 1 game.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: