Blue Bombers Forum
July 17, 2018, 06:11:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Fan Forum - new date April 19th  (Read 2381 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: April 03, 2018, 03:32:35 AM »

2018 Fan Forum

Join us in Pinnacle Club at Investors Group Field Wednesday, April 11th for our annual Fan Forum! Hear from President & CEO Wade Miller, General Manager Kyle Walters and Head Coach Mike O'Shea on the upcoming 2018 season.

What: Fan Forum
When: Wednesday, April 11
Time: Doors open at 6:30pm, Forum starts at 7:00pm
Entrance: Please enter though the south facing Pinnacle Club doors.
Parking: Free parking in U lot. Please park in the South-East corner of U lot to be closest to the Pinnacle Club entrance.

Seating is limited.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:27:29 PM by The Zipp » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
gobombersgo

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »

Interesting. The local hockey team has their 1st home playoff game that night. I wonder how many fans and media will be at the fan forum.

Sec223

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:12:44 AM »

The over/under is 40. Unless they change the night. Why compete with the Jets ?
Chris1982
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »

Interesting. The local hockey team has their 1st home playoff game that night. I wonder how many fans and media will be at the fan forum.

The NHL playoff schedule has not been released yet, just that the playoff start on the 11th.  There is no guarantee that the Jets play on the 11th. 
gobombersgo

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »

The NHL playoff schedule has not been released yet, just that the playoff start on the 11th.  There is no guarantee that the Jets play on the 11th. 

That's true. For some reason I was thinking they played for sure on Weds.

gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »

The forum has been becoming less interactive over the past few years so it wouldn't surprise me if the Bombers organization would prefer fewer people in attendance.  This forum seems like something they feel they have to do, but don't really want to do it.  Scheduling it on a day where the Jets likely play their first playoff game, is probably a strategic decision.  The Tuesday wasn't available when there will definitely be no conflict with the Jets?
rubanski

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 12:19:56 PM »

I'm pretty sure the NHL hasn't announced playoff dates yet, so where are you getting your information that the Jets have a home game that day?
Chris1982
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 12:21:49 PM »

I'm pretty sure the NHL hasn't announced playoff dates yet, so where are you getting your information that the Jets have a home game that day?

Read the thread.  This issue has already been addressed.
rubanski

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 02:28:19 PM »

Read the thread.  This issue has already been addressed.
ha, thanks. skimmed the thread too fast.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 06:24:36 PM »

still seems odd that the Bombers would even take that chance..there is a real good possibility that there will be a home playoff game on the 11th.  There is zero chance there will be one on 10th.  Can be hard to schedule around an unknown and there are availability challenges with the coaches and GM etc. but seems risky IMO.  I love the game of football more than hockey but that said I will be in front of my TV watching the Jets in the playoffs for sure.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 06:28:12 PM »

still seems odd that the Bombers would even take that chance..there is a real good possibility that there will be a home playoff game on the 11th.  There is zero chance there will be one on 10th.  Can be hard to schedule around an unknown and there are availability challenges with the coaches and GM etc. but seems risky IMO.  I love the game of football more than hockey but that said I will be in front of my TV watching the Jets in the playoffs for sure.
Unconfirmed rumor is that the NHL playoff schedule will be out April 8, and the Jets first 2 games are April 11, and April 13.  Again *unconfirmed*. 
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 06:32:06 PM »

Unconfirmed rumor is that the NHL playoff schedule will be out April 8, and the Jets first 2 games are April 11, and April 13.  Again *unconfirmed*. 

i heard the same...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 11:44:18 PM »

From someone who has never heard of the WFC "Fan Forum", what is it?  Just a chance for fans to address the bigwigs and ask questions, like a "town hall meeting"?  Worth going to?
gbill2004

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 11:50:24 PM »

From someone who has never heard of the WFC "Fan Forum", what is it?  Just a chance for fans to address the bigwigs and ask questions, like a "town hall meeting"?  Worth going to?

Wade goes over the financials from the previous season. Then they leave about 30 minutes for a few questions from fans. It?s been going downhill the past few years and I?d say probably not worth going to anymore.
gbill2004

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 03:44:38 PM »

I saw another (unconfirmed) source today that has the Jets first round home games as April 11, 13, 20 and 25.  So looks like the Fan Forum on April 11 will be crickets.  Nice job Wade....probably exactly what the Bombers wanted.   
Chris1982
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 06:02:25 PM »

I saw another (unconfirmed) source today that has the Jets first round home games as April 11, 13, 20 and 25.  So looks like the Fan Forum on April 11 will be crickets.  Nice job Wade....probably exactly what the Bombers wanted.   
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »

Honestly.....what can a person learn at the forum that you can't learn here ? Anything said at the forum will end up here...and if anyone has a question after the forum, then I'm sure somebody here will have the answer.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 01:25:55 AM »

There is value to be there.  Not everything is reported here.  And there is opportunity to talk with people like the coach, the GM and the President.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sec223

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 11:10:45 AM »

Class-less move or over-sight ?
gbill2004

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 12:24:00 PM »

Class-less move or over-sight ?
Some Jets players were talking last night in their post game interviews that they already know when the first playoff game is.  If the Jets know it as common knowledge and fans were able to find the likely date a few days ago, I'm sure that could have easily communicated that to the Bombers for their planning purposes.  Of all dates the Bombers could have picked, this seems intentional, in my opinion.  They could have had the fan forum any day this week, or even Tuesday of next week. 
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 01:49:25 PM »

I'm sure the date was chosen weeks ago as there is obviously coordination around ensuring that the Bombers personnel and staff are in attendance. As well, why would they possibly try to put on an event with low attendance? These things still cost money and take up time so to intentionally sabotage the event is counter to common sense. What purpose would that fulfill? They are not scared (nor do they care) about anyone's cockeyed questions and I don't believe their governance structure mandates this type of event. As long as I can remember it's always been around this time which corresponds with the release of the annual report and financial statements. Sometimes that's going to mean the Jets will be in the playoffs. The two are not related.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:51:26 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »

I'm sure the date was chosen weeks ago as there is obviously coordination around ensuring that the Bombers personnel and staff are in attendance. As well, why would they possibly try to put on an event with low attendance? These things still cost money and take up time so to intentionally sabotage the event is counter to common sense. What purpose would that fulfill? They are not scared (nor do they care) about anyone's cockeyed questions and I don't believe their governance structure mandates this type of event. It's a fan forum, meaning, it's in place for fans to get a financial update and to ask a question. If that doesn't offer you enough value for time, don't go. As long as I can remember it's always been around this time which corresponds with the release of the annual report and financial statements. Sometimes that's going to mean the Jets will be in the playoffs. The two are not related.
If you have attended these events, you may have noticed that they are progressively getting less and less interactive.  At least in my opinion, they don't really like getting questions from the fans in attendance and have been limiting the number of questions that can be asked.  Just my opinion, but I get the sense this forum is something the Bombers feel they have to do, and not something they want to do.  I doubt it would be too much work in switching it to Tuesday the 10th if they really wanted more fans to attend.  I have attended the last 7-8 fan forums and this will be the first one I won't be attending, because the Jets play that night, which is disappointing. 
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 02:13:47 PM »

There is value to be there.  Not everything is reported here.  And there is opportunity to talk with people like the coach, the GM and the President.

So it's not much more than a meet and greet, the coach GM or the president aren't going to be saying anything more than they would to the media.
Stretch

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018, 02:17:29 PM »

to intentionally sabotage the event is counter to common sense.

Which makes it no surprise that it was suggested here.  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »

So it's not much more than a meet and greet, the coach GM or the president aren't going to be saying anything more than they would to the media.

You are correct. The Bomber brain trust will not be divulging internal secrets or private operating strategies at this event. They will probably only share that which is meant for public knowledge at this public event.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2018, 04:50:58 PM »

You are correct. The Bomber brain trust will not be divulging internal secrets or private operating strategies at this event. They will probably only share that which is meant for public knowledge at this public event.

To expect anything more is beyond ludicrous.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2018, 05:03:31 PM »

To expect anything more is beyond ludicrous.

So basically it's about any free food that might be available ?
gbill2004

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »

A couple years ago they offered free popcorn, but last time there was no free food.
Chris1982
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 06:21:08 PM »

Anytime there is free food anywhere, people will show up.   Grin Grin
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2018, 06:43:21 PM »

all these people sour over the possibility of this fan forum being on the same night the Jets win the Stanley Cup?!?! Last I checked you need to win 16 games to win the Stanley Cup and not 1 game.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
Chris1982
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 07:59:20 PM »

all these people sour over the possibility of this fan forum being on the same night the Jets win the Stanley Cup?!?! Last I checked you need to win 16 games to win the Stanley Cup and not 1 game.

No.  People are talking about how the fan forum is on the same night as GAME 1 of the playoffs.  How you came up with it being on the same night as the Stanley Cup finals is beyond my understanding.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 01:04:34 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers

Verified account

@Wpg_BlueBombers
 4m4 minutes ago
More
Wednesday's Fan Forum has been postponed, a rescheduled date will be announced later this week. Instead, we encourage you to cheer on our friends downtown as they begin their playoff run! #GoJetsGo #ForTheW
Chris1982
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers

Verified account

@Wpg_BlueBombers
 4m4 minutes ago
More
Wednesday's Fan Forum has been postponed, a rescheduled date will be announced later this week. Instead, we encourage you to cheer on our friends downtown as they begin their playoff run! #GoJetsGo #ForTheW

Smart move  Wink Wink
gbill2004

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 01:30:48 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers

Verified account

@Wpg_BlueBombers
 4m4 minutes ago
More
Very nice!  Great decision Wade and the entire Bombers organization! 

Chris, jump in with your awesome pics of Wade here  Wink
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:34:25 PM by gbill2004 » Logged
Chris1982
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »

Very nice!  Great decision Wade and the entire Bombers organization! 

Chris, jump in with your awesome pics of Wade here  Wink

Gonna give credit to all 3 of the brass on this one.
gbill2004

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »

Gonna give credit to all 3 of the brass on this one.
All three are looking sharp in that pic!  I wonder if that's what they were wearing when they made this awesome decision?   Cheesy
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 02:00:41 PM »

I guess they do want fans to attend after all.  Tongue
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »

Cool! I will try to come now when the date is announced.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Chris1982
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 02:03:14 PM »

All three are looking sharp in that pic!  I wonder if that's what they were wearing when they made this awesome decision?   Cheesy

MOS is the only one wearing a tie so I think he made the final decision.
gbill2004

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 02:04:00 PM »

I guess they do want fans to attend after all.  Tongue
They probably heard all the complaints. 
gbill2004

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 02:19:10 PM »

MOS is the only one wearing a tie so I think he made the final decision.
Wade looks badass in that pic so my money is on him. 
DM83

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2018, 01:29:12 AM »

Yawn.....another exciting Bomber moment!

It even beats signing a linebacker turned receiver who can't get open..... Butler buhler?
How less exciting can this be?
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2018, 07:27:09 PM »

Fan Forum Rescheduled

This year?s annual Fan Forum has been rescheduled to Thursday, April 19th. Please join us in the Pinnacle Club at Investors Group Field at 7:00 p.m. to hear from President & CEO Wade Miller, General Manager Kyle Walters and Head Coach Mike O?Shea on the upcoming 2018 season. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., please enter through the south facing Pinnacle Club doors. See you on the 19th.
DM83

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2018, 11:17:13 AM »

Good move Wade
Jesse

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »

So, who's going tonight?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: