Blue Bombers Forum
September 22, 2018, 04:57:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Training camps  (Read 1490 times)
Blue72

« on: March 29, 2018, 01:25:41 PM »

Has anyone heard of any new signings from the mini training camps that the Bombers held this year? Would like to know if any new real LBers have been found to bring to camp, not just DBs/LB. I know they are bringing in a couple guys from the end of last year but I would like to know about this years mini camps. It seems like a lot of receivers coming into camp, and also how about RBs with a cheaper paycheck to replace Flanders in a SMS cap. Every little bit helps, and maybe a younger replacement for Dressler.

I know Dressler is good but the way he plays he has a hard time making it through a full year and the guys we had last year weren't good enough.

What are your thoughts for punt and kickoff returners for this year, does Fogg have a chance to make it into this years backfield and the same goes for Lankford?

With MOS helping out the defense this year, will they bring in another D coach as Glen Young now will coach both the D line and LBers?

I just think that this years camp is closing in so I like to get other peoples thoughts.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »

Has anyone heard of any new signings from the mini training camps that the Bombers held this year? Would like to know if any new real LBers have been found to bring to camp, not just DBs/LB. I know they are bringing in a couple guys from the end of last year but I would like to know about this years mini camps. It seems like a lot of receivers coming into camp, and also how about RBs with a cheaper paycheck to replace Flanders in a SMS cap. Every little bit helps, and maybe a younger replacement for Dressler.

I know Dressler is good but the way he plays he has a hard time making it through a full year and the guys we had last year weren't good enough.

What are your thoughts for punt and kickoff returners for this year, does Fogg have a chance to make it into this years backfield and the same goes for Lankford?

With MOS helping out the defense this year, will they bring in another D coach as Glen Young now will coach both the D line and LBers?

I just think that this years camp is closing in so I like to get other peoples thoughts.

I really hope they uncover a bonafide receiving threat this year so that they can gradually transition away from Dressler and Bowman without resorting to shopping for replacements through free-agency.
floyd

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 04:04:25 PM »

This is the scary one for me...  big fan of bringing in Younger for DBs but trying to understand why we haven't brought in a DL coach - unless Osh becomes a defacto LB coach which is not preferred either
DM83

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 04:37:32 PM »

Reality setting in?

Bimbers appear to be mis managing their club again.
Two superstars at receiver....from the early 2000s, and on their last legs.
Zero middle linebackers.

Injury prone. Guys of the Toby Enstrom variety.

Saying Walters has done a good job staffing the team is inaccurate.  They have done nothing. Not one binafide star player, or difference maker..

This was a team on the cusp of a playoff win, and management has done zero to get us over the top..
Sure nice group of back ups, who will never lead us to greatness.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »

Reality setting in?

Zero middle linebackers.

Saying Walters has done a good job staffing the team is inaccurate.  They have done nothing. Not one binafide star player, or difference maker..

This was a team on the cusp of a playoff win, and management has done zero to get us over the top..

Why do you even follow this team?
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 06:06:13 PM »

He follows the Bimbers, not the Bombers. 
bluengold204

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:13:57 PM »

The binafide Bimbers
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:16:17 PM by bluengold204 » Logged
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »

Reality setting in?

Zero middle linebackers.

HuhHuh?
All I think is ....
2016, 11-7 record made it to the playoffs and lost
2017, 12-6 record hosted a home playoff game and lost. Had the highest scoring team.

2018.....Majority of stud offence in tact same OC for a 3rd straight year thats known and shown to produce top offences in the league. We are bound to have an upcoming stud WR that fills in for Dressler wether that is from day 1 or when/if Dressler gets injured. Who knows what Bowman we have? It could be an aging vet that still produces (see S.J. Green), could be that he still produces the way he did in 2016.  Scouting has been the best its been since the early 2000 Bombers and maybe even better. Curious to see what O'Sheas input into Hall's defence does. Excited to see what Santos-Knox does over 18 games at LB. Jeffcoat was so amazing at DE that the Bombers allowed Westerman to go to the highest bidder. Opalaugo/Roh/Jeffcoat may rotate through the 2 DE spots to always have fresh legs. May have lost Heath but I think the secondary/LB improved with adding Fenner and Gaitor. Face it our LB/MLB situation vastly improved the moment we allowed Hurl to be a FA.....I think this team is in a great position to improve on the last 2 seasons, the biggest question mark is CAN THE DEFENCE IMPROVE?

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
Chris1982
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »

Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy
bigbuff33

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 02:52:28 PM »

Last I checked, Toronto has 11 coaches...
We're doubling up duties once again...LaPo besides OC coaches receivers...
There is a reason other teams win Grey Cups...we can hide our heads in the sand, but it's just a fact.
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 02:57:29 PM »

There is a reason other teams win Grey Cups...we can hide our heads in the sand, but it's just a fact.
very true.... though sometimes there is assistant coaches that are with the team that don't officially get listed anywhere. A friend of mine had a friend that was once an assistant video guy for the Bombers and his name was no where on the Bombers site. Sometimes they bring in guest coaches for TC and those guest coaches stick around the entire season and don't have their names listed anywhere.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
Bond

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 03:45:18 PM »

Hard to argue with his points.   Other than Harris, name one of our skill players on offence that would be a starter with the Esks, Stamps, or Riders.
Bond

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »

Argos have 11 coaches, Riders have 12 coaches & we only have 9?
Blue In BC

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 04:52:38 PM »

Still 7 or 8 free agent camps left to be held. Might start seeing a couple of players signed from the earlier camps though

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 06:50:18 PM »

Bump. Now there are 10 more free agent camps to be held. Good. We're scouring the planet for talent.

No more excuses.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: