Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2018, 11:08:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Rod Pederson: Riders to be a major juggernaught  (Read 7759 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2018, 07:14:59 PM »

Westerman and Heath say hello. While there are replacements for both, the former's passport was a huge plus.

Yup, but we also lost Bond, and gained a passport in Neufeld/Couture/Spooner, so the Westerman loss is not huge.  And who knows how he comes back from his injury.  Okpaluago and Jeffcoat should do just fine, and Corney might just be the surprise of the season, with Westerman out of his way.

Heath for Fenner, I'm thinking Fenner might fit better.  Not saying Heath is a bad person, and fully understand wanting to get paid, but it sounds like Fenner wants to be here, which is huge. 

Just the maturing of our Nat DP's over the last while is going to make the team that much better.  We drafted well, and they are developing nicely.  The couple of FA's we signed aren't going to hurt us, and another year of the core together under a coaching staff with minimal change is great...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
RebusRankin

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2018, 12:46:49 AM »

2 former divisional allstars & a East division rookie of the year candidate.

Regarding Muamba, last year at this time many CFL fans were saying that Muamba was done, now all of a sudden he?s a ratio breaker again.  Roll Eyes

Edem's best season was his rookie year in 2013 and its been a decline ever since. Had three teams (Montreal, Hamilton and BC) give up on him in just over 1 year. Brouillette has injury issues (concussions) and may retire again due to his law career. Oh wait, they also have NI Jeff Hecht but he's terrible.
Bond

« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2018, 11:21:41 PM »

Edem's best season was his rookie year in 2013 and its been a decline ever since. Had three teams (Montreal, Hamilton and BC) give up on him in just over 1 year. Brouillette has injury issues (concussions) and may retire again due to his law career. Oh wait, they also have NI Jeff Hecht but he's terrible.

Brouilette has already said he?s playing in 2018.   I thought Edem played decent last year, secondary was a strength for the Riders in the 2nd half of the season.
GCn18

« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2018, 11:09:25 PM »

Brouilette has already said he?s playing in 2018.   I thought Edem played decent last year, secondary was a strength for the Riders in the 2nd half of the season.

LOL... that confirms you are wearing green goggles.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Bond

« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2018, 02:08:39 AM »

LOL... that confirms you are wearing green goggles.

No green googles here, all I have to do is look & see where the Riders were ranked in pass defence last season.
GCn18

« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2018, 03:57:31 AM »

No green googles here, all I have to do is look & see where the Riders were ranked in pass defence last season.

Yea, Edem was the difference maker. Roll Eyes You should look at how much better your pass defence might have been without a scrub like Edem, or an over the hill Brouilette at Safety. Your pass defence, which was mediocre btw, was a result of some phenomenal play from your LBers in the 2nd half of the season and an improved pass rush late in the season. Your pass rush should still be good but your LBer corps is a dogs breakfast right now....probably the weakest in the league. Sam Hurl or a mentally unstable Cam Judge that has zero CFL experience. LMAO...what a joke....I won't even mention the monumental losses of Knox or Foster.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:59:19 AM by GCn17 » Logged

Bond

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2018, 05:03:53 AM »

Yea, Edem was the difference maker. Roll Eyes

I never once said Edem was the difference maker, I said he was decent.  Do you even read what you write?

You should look at how much better your pass defence might have been without a scrub like Edem, or an over the hill Brouilette at Safety. Your pass defence, which was mediocre btw, was a result of some phenomenal play from your LBers in the 2nd half of the season and an improved pass rush late in the season. Your pass rush should still be good but your LBer corps is a dogs breakfast right now....probably the weakest in the league. Sam Hurl or a mentally unstable Cam Judge that has zero CFL experience. LMAO...what a joke....I won't even mention the monumental losses of Knox or Foster.

Monumental losses?  Last year Knox was primarily a ST player who occasionally subbed in for Equavoen.  And Foster was replaced by the much better Moncrief, Foster was healthy scratch at the end of the season.  Like I said, do you even read what you write?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 05:10:07 AM by Bond » Logged
GCn18

« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2018, 09:35:39 AM »

I never once said Edem was the difference maker, I said he was decent.  Do you even read what you write?

Monumental losses?  Last year Knox was primarily a ST player who occasionally subbed in for Equavoen.  And Foster was replaced by the much better Moncrief, Foster was healthy scratch at the end of the season.  Like I said, do you even read what you write?

Typical Rider fan revisionist history. All Riders were great until they are gone and then they are players no one will miss.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:27:07 PM by The Zipp » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »

Rod's making waves again, with coverage by 3downnation...

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/24/riders-play-by-play-man-believes-bo-levi-mitchell-mentally-weak-for-going-off-twitter/

Saskatchewan Roughriders radio play-by-play man Rod Pedersen believes he has learned something about Bo Levi Mitchell after the Calgary Stampeders quarterback deleted his Twitter account.

?[It] tells me, quite frankly, how mentally weak the Calgary Stampeders quarterback is. And that?s not me beaking. I teach athletes and public people how to deal with trolls because you?re going to have to change ? society?s not. And for Bo Levi to say I?m off Twitter now, just tells the trolls they?ve won,? Pedersen said on his 620 CKRM Regina radio show, The SportsCage.

Mitchell wanted to rein in the focus by getting off the social media platform.

?It?s a shame for the CFL that Bo Levi Mitchell is going off Twitter because he was good for the league,? Pedersen said. ?I?d love to have an hour with Bo Levi just to tell him how he needs to look at things and not turn and run.?

Wow... is that cyber bullying, taunting, or just plain dis-respect for a man's personal decision?  How many players have zero social media presence?  Or almost none?  Just because Mitchell has had a presence in the past, and one that was a lightning rod with some of his comments, and I don't doubt it was a distraction last year, especially with the GC results. 

And then Pedersen replies with a "Fake News" tweet sums it all up...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »

Rod's making waves again, with coverage by 3downnation...

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/24/riders-play-by-play-man-believes-bo-levi-mitchell-mentally-weak-for-going-off-twitter/

Saskatchewan Roughriders radio play-by-play man Rod Pedersen believes he has learned something about Bo Levi Mitchell after the Calgary Stampeders quarterback deleted his Twitter account.

?[It] tells me, quite frankly, how mentally weak the Calgary Stampeders quarterback is. And that?s not me beaking. I teach athletes and public people how to deal with trolls because you?re going to have to change ? society?s not. And for Bo Levi to say I?m off Twitter now, just tells the trolls they?ve won,? Pedersen said on his 620 CKRM Regina radio show, The SportsCage.

Mitchell wanted to rein in the focus by getting off the social media platform.

?It?s a shame for the CFL that Bo Levi Mitchell is going off Twitter because he was good for the league,? Pedersen said. ?I?d love to have an hour with Bo Levi just to tell him how he needs to look at things and not turn and run.?

Wow... is that cyber bullying, taunting, or just plain dis-respect for a man's personal decision?  How many players have zero social media presence?  Or almost none?  Just because Mitchell has had a presence in the past, and one that was a lightning rod with some of his comments, and I don't doubt it was a distraction last year, especially with the GC results. 

And then Pedersen replies with a "Fake News" tweet sums it all up...
If Pederson ever loses his job in his current role, I'd think he would be completely unemployable in the industry ever again. 
Jesse

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »

Just more nonsense coming from Pederson.

It does suck that he wont be engaging with the league's fans on social media anymore, but if that's a decision he wants to make, I respect it.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2018, 04:33:20 PM »

I actually arrive at the exact opposite conclusion. A mentally weak person would simply keep on Twitter because that's what they've always done, even if it's making them unhappy. A mentally strong person would cut out the source of negativity even if it goes against popular opinion/practice. Virtually every athlete is on social media these days, but there is no law requiring them to do so. If Rod is right that the 'trolls got to Bo', he's wrong that cutting the source of the negativity is weak-minded. It takes strength to go against the grain.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2018, 05:14:17 PM »

I actually arrive at the exact opposite conclusion. A mentally weak person would simply keep on Twitter because that's what they've always done, even if it's making them unhappy. A mentally strong person would cut out the source of negativity even if it goes against popular opinion/practice. Virtually every athlete is on social media these days, but there is no law requiring them to do so. If Rod is right that the 'trolls got to Bo', he's wrong that cutting the source of the negativity is weak-minded. It takes strength to go against the grain.

Agreed. Well said. This reaction from Pedersen is what's mentally weak, IMO. Then again, pretty much everything he says indicates there's something wrong with his brain.

Rod Pedersen is a turd.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »

Agreed. Well said. This reaction from Pedersen is what's mentally weak, IMO. Then again, pretty much everything he says indicates there's something wrong with his brain.

Rod Pedersen is a turd.

And look at it this way, even if he's right, and Bo quit Twitter because people were giving him a hard time online and it was getting to him, Pederson just turned around and gave him a hard time which ended up online. This from the 'official voice' of a professional sports team. Pretty greasy and disrespectful.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2018, 05:31:49 PM »

And look at it this way, even if he's right, and Bo quit Twitter because people were giving him a hard time online and it was getting to him, Pederson just turned around and gave him a hard time which ended up online. This from the 'official voice' of a professional sports team. Pretty greasy and disrespectful.

And not shocking by any means. This is what Pedersen does best: epitomize all that is pathetic and classless about Rider Nation.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: