Blue Bombers Forum
April 23, 2018, 02:33:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Rod Pederson: Riders to be a major juggernaught  (Read 4112 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 12:46:40 PM »

Ojo is a very good signing IMO. Does it make them a juggernaut? Nah. Does it help their defence? Yup.

Lots of folks hate the Riders around here and are always looking for reasons to plot their demise. If Collaros gets 'it' back, they could be a good team. I doubt that happens which leaves Bridge as the defacto starter which in turn looks like around a .500 season at best to me.

Being right never gets old.
blue_gold_84

Whiteout is coming.

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 12:56:41 PM »

Lots of folks hate the Riders around here and are always looking for reasons to plot their demise.

They're a hated rival. So, you're just stating the obvious.

And FWIW, the ire in this thread seems mostly directed at the Big Green Flatbilly Homer, who makes these claims of the Riders' superiority every single year.

It is June yet?

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
TBURGESS

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »

Everyone knows that Pederson's a homer. I don't know why folks around here even bother to react to his shtick.

Being right never gets old.
bluengold204

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 02:15:12 PM »

Everyone knows that Pederson's a homer. I don't know why folks around here even bother to react to his shtick.

Off season boredom
gbill2004

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 02:29:48 PM »

Bob Irving is a homer too, but he never makes statements as ridiculous as this. 
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 02:58:34 PM »

JUGGERNAUGHT !! Hilarious !! 

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
floyd

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 04:01:23 PM »

Riders will be better...  I could see BC remaining bad and Edmonton falling off

John Murphy is a great personnel guy - can't deny that...  if all these guys are under the cap - then he should be a hall of fame DoPP ha

I just don't believe that Collaros will ever return to form.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »

The Riders defence on paper is really good....Concern at MLB sure....On offence they have a good O-line IF Bond can play tackle like he plays guard... but deadly thin depth and injury concerns/age for sure....talent at reciever to be sure, but some head issue surround that position....QB will make or break, Jones went for the deep ball on Collaris, if he gets his 2015 form back they WILL compete....The half million dollar question is, will he???

IMO Jones like Mack is a gambling man goes for the "hail Mary" and when it works, its awesome! The problem is when it doesn't....

some times a simple safe run up the gut is the right call. Its boring, pedestrian, takes a-lot of time and doesn't always work either but it does work a-lot more often...
RebusRankin

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 06:15:11 PM »

1. Even if Bond can play tackle at a high level, you have a poor centre in Clark, two aging, injury prone guards in Diakowski and Labbate and a subpar tackle in Coleman with poor depth in Bladzk (looked overwhelmed in 2017) and JSJ (Going into year 3 and he's shown squat). Not sure about that OL.

2. You have a QB who has not looked good since his injury in 2015 in Collaros.

3. Sam Hurl at MLB.

4. Poor NI talent and depth.

That makes a juggernaut?
blue_gold_84

Whiteout is coming.

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 07:15:46 PM »

Offensively, there are a number of question marks outside of the receiving corps. Even if Collaros gets over his case of the yips, he'll be running for his life behind that aging O-line. His durability remains a concern, too. Messam is going to be 33 in a few days and one could argue he slowed down last season (he still cracked 1,000 rush yards but his YPC average dropped significantly from 5.8 in 2016 to 4.7 in 2017, which was the lowest since 2013). I'm not sure if his head-of-steam, power back style is sustainable, especially if he isn't the getting the blocking upfront.

Defensively, the Riders look pretty formidable save the LB corps. There's a lot of money tied up in the D-line, so I have to imagine that comes at the sacrifice of depth on the roster across the board. The defense will be the team's strength by a wide margin and any opposing QB will have his work cut out, IMO.

There should also be considerable concern regarding the team's pool of NAT depth and talent.

Pedersen took it upon himself to proclaim the superiority of his team based on the signing of a DB who hasn't seen live action since 2015. If that isn't blind homerism at its finest, I don't know what is.

It is June yet?

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 07:44:29 PM »

Irving sits on the fence . Pedersen is probably paid more to say what he says. Otherwise he wouldn't have a job.
SSC

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »

More like a juggerNOT.

Pederson is past his due date.
fansince79

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 10:36:11 PM »

Rod Pederson in 2016:
@rodpedersen's #CFL West order of finish: 1) #Riders 2) #Calstampeders 3) #BCLions & then toss up between #Esks & #Bombers. via @620ckrm

Reality: Calgary, BC, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Riders

Rod Pederson in 2017 when the Riders lost in their playoff game:
@rodpedersen It's clear the preference is to have Toronto in the Grey Cup

Reality: Kevin Glenn threw 3 INTs.

Rod Pederson in 2018:
BEST TEAM EVAAAAAAAA.

Reality: Rider fans plan the parade and retweet him 760,000 times without using even one brain cell.

Pederson is under the impression that the Riders are getting 2015 Collaros. Earlier this week he was on TSN1290 and he proclaimed the Riders will finish first this year and the Bombers will finish last. U know it?s pretty bad when even Rider fans think he?s a clown.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 01:55:40 AM »

Offensively, there are a number of question marks outside of the receiving corps. Even if Collaros gets over his case of the yips, he'll be running for his life behind that aging O-line. His durability remains a concern, too. Messam is going to be 33 in a few days and one could argue he slowed down last season (he still cracked 1,000 rush yards but his YPC average dropped significantly from 5.8 in 2016 to 4.7 in 2017, which was the lowest since 2013). I'm not sure if his head-of-steam, power back style is sustainable, especially if he isn't the getting the blocking upfront.

Defensively, the Riders look pretty formidable save the LB corps. There's a lot of money tied up in the D-line, so I have to imagine that comes at the sacrifice of depth on the roster across the board. The defense will be the team's strength by a wide margin and any opposing QB will have his work cut out, IMO.

There should also be considerable concern regarding the team's pool of NAT depth and talent.

Pedersen took it upon himself to proclaim the superiority of his team based on the signing of a DB who hasn't seen live action since 2015. If that isn't blind homerism at its finest, I don't know what is.

Very good post

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
PurpleReign

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 12:26:21 PM »

Every time you guys hear anything about the Riders you all get your panties in a wad.  Relax let the season play out, and we will see what happens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: