Blue Bombers Forum
September 24, 2018, 09:42:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Rod Pederson: Riders to be a major juggernaught  (Read 7742 times)
gbill2004

« on: March 28, 2018, 07:50:39 PM »

This week's signing of shutdown corner John Ojo has observers feeling the 2018 #Riders are going to be a major juggernaut. - @rodpedersen #CFL
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 07:55:51 PM »

Pedersen says that every year. What an idiot.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »

This week's signing of shutdown corner John Ojo has observers feeling the 2018 #Riders are going to be a major juggernaut. - @rodpedersen #CFL

Complete tool!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Jockitch

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 08:28:41 PM »

though Ojo is an INT ........ can imagine he cost a decent sum .......... wonder if the Riders will have CAP issues soon if not already.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 08:30:49 PM »

Rod Pederson in 2016:
@rodpedersen's #CFL West order of finish: 1) #Riders 2) #Calstampeders 3) #BCLions & then toss up between #Esks & #Bombers. via @620ckrm

Reality: Calgary, BC, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Riders

Rod Pederson in 2017 when the Riders lost in their playoff game:
@rodpedersen It's clear the preference is to have Toronto in the Grey Cup

Reality: Kevin Glenn threw 3 INTs.

Rod Pederson in 2018:
BEST TEAM EVAAAAAAAA.

Reality: Rider fans plan the parade and retweet him 760,000 times without using even one brain cell.
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 08:31:09 PM »

I'm curious who these "observers" are that Rod is referring to.

In my opinion, the Riders got worse at the two most important positions: MLB and QB.  I believe that Glenn is better than Collaros, and Muamba is obviously much better than Hurl.  
RebusRankin

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 08:34:43 PM »

Ojo hasn't played in 3 years. All star in 2015, hurt in 2016, NFL tour in 2017.
gbill2004

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 08:44:15 PM »

Ojo hasn't played in 3 years. All star in 2015, hurt in 2016, NFL tour in 2017.
Still only 28 years old though. 
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 12:25:08 AM »

Still only 28 years old though. 

Even so, his addition to the Riders doesn't make them a "major juggernaut" by any stretch of a rational person's imagination.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 12:27:58 AM »

Even so, his addition to the Riders doesn't make them a "major juggernaut" by any stretch of a rational person's imagination.
lol according to Rod and his unnamed observers it does!
thunderNlightning

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 05:25:38 AM »

I'm curious who these "observers" are that Rod is referring to.

In my opinion, the Riders got worse at the two most important positions: MLB and QB.  I believe that Glenn is better than Collaros, and Muamba is obviously much better than Hurl.  

I would also add in their O line is probably worse off then before.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »

If Collaros plays like he did 3 years ago, yeah they might be good. Then again, there was always hope Buck Pierce would never get injured or that Justin Goltz would turn from a third down tall guy into a bonafide CFL starter, eh?

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
booch

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »

Ojo hasn't been on a Canadian field..basically played any meaningful games since 2015...and truthfully I never thought he was that good. You have another year of Jovon being older and slower and no real safety to speak of who has proven anything.

Muamba loss is huge and just the fact that Hurl sounds to be a full-time starter there hurts them..They have some D-line pieces sure..but lets give Hughes a half season to see what he has left..he coud fall right off the map this year..time will tell. After that zero depth..Evans is a nice piece but he isn't some super stud like they all are trumpeting over there...they make it sound like he is a total beast and will constantly collapse the pocket there and feast...don't see it...and don't see all the love there..

Huge...I mean HHHHUUUGE  o-line questions there...If Labatte gets hurt...again which seems like the norm now lately, they are royally screwed...even as it is they are weak on the o-line and not a good recipe for trying to get Collaros back on track...and Bridge is no starter so no depth there either...right now whats their o-line..Bond..Labatte..Clarke..Diakowski...Coleman?...ewww...good luck Zack...and only Bladek and St John as real depth??
rubanski

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 12:25:32 PM »

uggg, can someone please send him his tweets saying this every friggin year, and then showing him the rider record...
theaardvark

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 12:30:19 PM »

Did he mean jugger not?  

SSK is going to suffer from an acute case of hubris again, with Jones as acting hatrack.  Something is going to happen, and he's going to lose it, igniting the dumpster yet again.

Buono backed off the two hats, so did Austin.  Teams are bringing in extra coaches... Jones wants to do it all.  

Bringing in Collaros, giving him a huge deal, handing him the keys to the team, and then scouting Manzeil?  Gotta be a big confidence booster for the guy with the yips.  

And Hughes?  No way Huff trades Hughes to upgrade a DP if he's got a full tank.  Giving up Adams for him was no loss, no room for Adams on the roster, but expecting this to be an answer to DLine issues, especially with losing Muamba...  his FA foray is unimpressive...  18 players 30 or older... we have 9, and 2 of ours are QB's, while none of theirs are.  

They don't need to win to fill the stadium, but he needs to win to keep his job.  Don't know how much longer he can weather the storm he's created.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: