Blue Bombers Forum
July 17, 2018, 06:31:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Cup 2019 - Calgary  (Read 1695 times)
Ridermania

« on: March 23, 2018, 06:52:57 PM »

Grey Cup 2019 - Calgary - Back to Back Cups in Alberta...thoughts?

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/23/2019-grey-cup-game-held-calgary-report/
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 06:59:09 PM »

I prefer it goes back and forth between east and west. Can they maybe leverage this into a new stadium, designed, built and completed by next year's season (jk), because theirs could use a little sprucing up.

How come Hammy hasn't gotten to host one? Not big enough and/or not able to get enough temp seating up?

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
gbill2004

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 07:00:32 PM »

I prefer it goes back and forth between east and west. Can they maybe leverage this into a new stadium, designed, built and completed by next year's season (jk), because theirs could use a little sprucing up.

How come Hammy hasn't gotten to host one? Not big enough and/or not able to get enough temp seating up?
Thought I read that Hamilton wasn't prepared to host the Grey Cup until their stadium's legal issues are resolved. 
Pigskin

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 07:20:56 PM »

The crappiest stadium in the league.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 07:28:24 PM »

Wow.  Figured it would never, ever, ever come back to McMahon.

Good I guess, but it's an embarrassment of a stadium and the absolute worst option.

However, it's two years back to back where I could easily potentially get to the next Bomber GC win.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »

two grey cups back to back same province . They should have looked at that.  Oh well. Calgary could put on a good show. Probably have to add seats.
drahgon

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 08:36:48 PM »

Wow.  Figured it would never, ever, ever come back to McMahon.

Good I guess, but it's an embarrassment of a stadium and the absolute worst option.

However, it's two years back to back where I could easily potentially get to the next Bomber GC win.

I've never been to the stadium in Calgary, but have see the one in Montreal in person. Is it really worse than the tiny stadium at McGill?
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 09:58:04 PM »

I've never been to the stadium in Calgary, but have see the one in Montreal in person. Is it really worse than the tiny stadium at McGill?

Yes, and without the cool downtown Montreal surroundings.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
RebusRankin

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 10:40:38 PM »

Seems like they should have gone elsewhere for this one.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 12:25:05 AM »

Last 2 were E, so it's ok to have next 2 W.  Kind of ixnays WPG hosting 2020 though (like that was going to happen).

Interesting, in the count-of-times-hosting-GC list, the W gets royally screwed by the E, excluding BC.  4 or less hostings for each of SSK, WPG, EDM, CGY.  To put that in perspective TOR has hosted 48 times.  HAM 10.  Even on-again-off-again OTT has 9.  Totals: E 75, W 31 -- more than double!  Ouch.

It is strange HAM hasn't had a GC recently in the new digs (not since '96!), as usually a new stadium guarantees you a GC host within 3 years (worked for WPG, TOR, OTT).  Surprised SSK isn't vying for GC in the toilet bowl, maybe 2020?
gobombersgo

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 12:50:42 AM »

Last 2 were E, so it's ok to have next 2 W.  Kind of ixnays WPG hosting 2020 though (like that was going to happen).

Interesting, in the count-of-times-hosting-GC list, the W gets royally screwed by the E, excluding BC.  4 or less hostings for each of SSK, WPG, EDM, CGY.  To put that in perspective TOR has hosted 48 times.  HAM 10.  Even on-again-off-again OTT has 9.  Totals: E 75, W 31 -- more than double!  Ouch.

It is strange HAM hasn't had a GC recently in the new digs (not since '96!), as usually a new stadium guarantees you a GC host within 3 years (worked for WPG, TOR, OTT).  Surprised SSK isn't vying for GC in the toilet bowl, maybe 2020?

Yeah, I talked to Wade today. The Bombers were never going after the 2020 Cup.

DM83

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 01:30:12 PM »

McMahon was great in 1978.  But it is a long ride from downtown, and the amenities?m are there any.  Clearly the worst stadium in. The league right now.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »

McMahon was great in 1978.  But it is a long ride from downtown, and the amenities?m are there any.  Clearly the worst stadium in. The league right now.
Seriously???  McMahon has an excellent location in relation to downtown and the university.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:03:17 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
canadaguy2112

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 12:07:03 AM »

McMahon is really showing its age and it couldn't have been great to begin with from my experiences there. 
TecnoGenius

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 12:10:05 AM »

More disturbing is this must mean CGY isn't thinking about a new stadium for at least another 6+ years.  Why host a GC in the old dump if you're going to build a new stadium soon after?

(I've never been to McMahon so I can't comment... though I'll go there if BB are in the cup that year!)
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: