Blue Bombers Forum
September 26, 2018, 06:51:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Off season Power Rankings  (Read 3535 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »

Davis Sanchez knows what's up. 

I still don't get the logic behind he or Cybulski having the Riders ranked so high and the Ti-Cats so low.

Also, those cartoon figures are unsettling with the demonic eyes and the weird-looking hands. Cheesy

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2018, 07:48:55 PM »

Lots of faith Collaros will return to form when there's absolutely no reason to think that other than blind faith, or because it makes a good story.

I think I just answered my own question...

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
theaardvark

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 07:58:25 PM »

I still don't get the logic behind he or Cybulski having the Riders ranked so high and the Ti-Cats so low.

Also, those cartoon figures are unsettling with the demonic eyes and the weird-looking hands. Cheesy

He has his hands in his pockets, to stop them from doing:

-\_(",)_/-

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2018, 05:24:34 AM »

Pre-season rankings are so stupid!

Oh wait, the guy put WPG at #2?
Pre-season rankings are awesome!  Those guys know what they're talking about.

What?  the next guy put WPG at #5?
Pre-season rankings are so stupid!

Grin
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »

Davis Sanchez knows what's up. 

Rating the Riders higher than the Esks......based on what the QB's???
gbill2004

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2018, 05:43:15 PM »

Rating the Riders higher than the Esks......based on what the QB's???
My comment was focused mostly on him ranking the Bombers second overall. 
bluebeard

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2018, 09:00:12 PM »

I think that it may be on Regina having one of the better defense in the league and tha t if Colloras falters they can still bring in Bridge as they did last season.  I can't see it myself as I am also of the opinion that Colloras will not bring back 2015.  Bridge still has a lot to learn.
gbill2004

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2018, 09:14:38 PM »

I think that it may be on Regina having one of the better defense in the league and tha t if Colloras falters they can still bring in Bridge as they did last season.  I can't see it myself as I am also of the opinion that Colloras will not bring back 2015.  Bridge still has a lot to learn.
Bridge is overrated. He?s a gimmic QB and will never become a true starter.
theaardvark

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2018, 09:36:47 PM »

Sam Hurl starting at MLB...  I think most posters here would say that's not a good sign...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2018, 04:59:22 PM »

Last season. By that logic, why aren't the Bombers or Eskimos ranked higher for having two of the top offenses in the league?

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bluebeard

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »

Last season. By that logic, why aren't the Bombers or Eskimos ranked higher for having two of the top offenses in the league?
It is said that defenses win championships.........don't know if that is true or not.
Cool Spot

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2018, 08:40:23 PM »

It is said that defenses win championships.........don't know if that is true or not.

It's mostly true in the NFL, there are plenty instances of high-powered offenses losing (badly) to strong defenses in the Super Bowl.

However, in the CFL, it's not as true because there are so many advantages given to the offense in Canadian football. You can get by with a strong defense and a mediocre offence, but not a strong defense + poor offense. Eventually the defense breaks since in the NFL an offense can hold onto the ball a long time (45 second play clock + four downs) and limit how often they give the ball back to the other team; whereas in the CFL if you are two-and-out over and over again and keep giving the ball back to the other team so much, the defense will break.
bluebeard

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2018, 09:38:52 PM »

That is absolutely true for defenses that have no depth.  Depth......that is one area that we have improved on this year and could be a major force., especially on offense.  Cann't wait for the season to start. Cheesy
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2018, 09:49:42 PM »

Still need an offense capable of making plays and scoring points, though.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Bond

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2018, 02:00:44 PM »

Sam Hurl starting at MLB...  I think most posters here would say that's not a good sign...

Where has it been said that Hurl is a starter?  Riders have enough ratio flexibility that Hurl can just be a rotational player.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: