Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2018, 07:14:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Off season Power Rankings  (Read 3521 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 05:56:11 PM »

Bombers should be second, and I think the Riders are way to high.  I thinks the Riders take a major step back this season. 

Agreed. Their success hinges on Yips Collaros returning to a form we haven't seen from him in over two years.

The Bombers being fifth on that list just defies logic. But again, it's nonsensical to even have power rankings in early March.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 06:30:36 PM »

Well welll.....the two teams I predicted to play in the Cup are ranked mid pack and second last.   On paper teams can appear to be world beaters and yes Edmonton and Calgary both look like they could be #1 or #2 early on.  Edmonton for sure is still smarting from their loss in the West final and the GC is in their back yard and they will be highly motivated to win it all this year.  They also have imho the leagues best QB so yeah on paper they look to be early favourites.   

Alluding to the NHL, the Oilers were picked to be Stanley Cup favourites this season and not the Jets who are now contenders whereas the Oilers are back to being the usual pretenders.  So much for early predictions!

I still think this is our year and believe Nichols is the guy that can do the job....and it?s all based on a hunch nothing more or nothing less.   I remember last year where everyone was calling the Argos down early in the season, yet with a 9-9 record they won the big prize.   Nichols, Walters, and MOS still have not won a playoff game so there is that to chew on and I am sure they are too....but a hunch is a hunch and I will stick to it for whatever that is worth.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:19:30 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
blue girl

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 07:55:41 PM »

I think that Calgary, Edmonton and definitely Saskatchewan are overrated and the Bombers are underrated. Having said that I'd rather be the underdog and fly under the radar.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 08:13:50 PM »

Way too early, as previously mentioned, and I don't know why cfl.ca would even bother to post anything like this.

Top four teams in the West should, at this point, basically be ranked as 1a through 1d, with BC then being 5.

Has Calgary improved with the loss of Hughes, Messam, Bell, Campbell, McDaniel, and Burnett?  I have as much faith in the Huff and Dave show as anyone, but that's a lot of leadership gone on the defensive side of the ball, and BLM's two favourite safety valves are gone.

Edmonton, who knows?  Reilly stays healthy, chances are good they do similar to last season, but last season was hot and cold for them.

Riders - I am not one of the ones who think they have gotten worse, but it is all riding on Collaros.  He comes out of the gate on fire, and they could live up to the hype.  He messes the bed for the first five games of the year, and it will get ugly fast and hard.

Winnipeg - the best way I can describe the Bombers thus far in the off season is they are going to field a team with a lot better balance of talent than previous years.

East?  TO is definitely a better team.  Everyone else is sub to the West (as the rankings have them).
blue girl

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »

I don't mind cfl.ca posting these rankings. It's a way to generate some off season discussion. Just don't take them seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »

I'll take a shot at my rankings at this point in the off season:

1. Calgary - Yup, they've lost some old vets, but they've reloaded at the same time. I see them losing the West final this year.
2. Edmonton - One of the best teams in the 2nd half of last season. Lost A Bowman, but still look like a good to great offence. Can't possibly have as many injuries this year.
3. Toronto - Trestman and Ray got them to the cup and won it last year. Most of that team is still intact.
4. Winnipeg - Lost some. Got some. Muamba would move us up the list, but I don't know how far.
5. Hamilton - One of the best teams in the 2nd half of last season too. Older than dirt coaches may still have what it takes in the modern era. Dodged a bullet by not getting Manziel.
6. Ottawa - Another middle of the pack team this year who will win the big ones when needed.
7. Regina - Their season hinges on Collaros and I think he's done.
8. BC - I can't understand what they are doing on the best coast. Both lines should be better, but who are the DB's and will Jennings get 'it' back.
9. Montreal - No QB = No chance and I don't like what they've done in the off season either.

Being right never gets old.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 12:34:14 AM »

My gut tells me T.O will be the dominant team this year, with Cal, Edm, Wpg, and yes Sask being the 2-5 teams overall
GCn18

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »

I'll take a shot at my rankings at this point in the off season:

1. Calgary - Yup, they've lost some old vets, but they've reloaded at the same time. I see them losing the West final this year.
2. Edmonton - One of the best teams in the 2nd half of last season. Lost A Bowman, but still look like a good to great offence. Can't possibly have as many injuries this year.
3. Toronto - Trestman and Ray got them to the cup and won it last year. Most of that team is still intact.
4. Winnipeg - Lost some. Got some. Muamba would move us up the list, but I don't know how far.
5. Hamilton - One of the best teams in the 2nd half of last season too. Older than dirt coaches may still have what it takes in the modern era. Dodged a bullet by not getting Manziel.
6. Ottawa - Another middle of the pack team this year who will win the big ones when needed.
7. Regina - Their season hinges on Collaros and I think he's done.
8. BC - I can't understand what they are doing on the best coast. Both lines should be better, but who are the DB's and will Jennings get 'it' back.
9. Montreal - No QB = No chance and I don't like what they've done in the off season either.

I went on youtube and watched 5 of his starts last year, and I can't see how he is not done. His last few games he was just throwing at no one in particular. It was brutal. Just blindly chucking the ball downfield and getting picked off.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
dd

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »

Although very earlier, here's my 'rankings'-
1- Bombers - Bowman, Demski give us a better receiving corps, some unknowns on D (MLB), but we'll sign HM soon
2- Toronto- much of their lineup is in tact from last years GC
3-Calgary- lost Messam and Hughes, big impact players on O and D
4-Edmonton- Lost Bowman and Zylstra, big hit on their O
5- Hamilton
6-Sask- Collaros is a bust
7-Ottawa
8-BC
9-Montreal
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 03:02:14 PM »

Darrin Bauming
‏ @DarrinBauming
1h1 hour ago

Some good news for #Bombers fans ? the preseason game on Friday, June 8 (#Bombers at #BCLions, 9:30pm Central) will be one of the four televised preseason #CFL games in 2018. @CFLonTSN

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 03:48:02 PM »

Darrin Bauming
‏ @DarrinBauming
1h1 hour ago

Some good news for #Bombers fans ? the preseason game on Friday, June 8 (#Bombers at #BCLions, 9:30pm Central) will be one of the four televised preseason #CFL games in 2018. @CFLonTSN

Sweet!! That's really awesome news.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 04:06:13 PM »

Edmonton released too many good players especially on defense.  Id rank them 5th . Too many moves on defense unless they have found better but the  defensive line took them far into the playoffs. and beat Saskatchewan and Winnipeg with the pass rush. Winnipeg I would rank 4 or 5 depending on who they keep.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »

Gotta say Sask regresses too...O-line is worse than last year, and last year it was preety average at best...Line backing will be weaker...they have no real depth at db..let alone a solid group..zero Canadian depth anywhere on the roster and Kevin Glenn gives them a better chance to win unless Collaros has magically morphed into himself from 2014-2015 pre major injury and concussions...and thats 4 years ago now and dont see it happening right away..if ever

They have what may be a pretty good d-line...but lest see how that goes first before annotating them that....plus they still have to slash a salary ..or two somewhere I would think....so not sure why people pumping their tires again...i bet they battle for a cross over spot again...but might be a tough go this year as both T.O and Ticats look to be pretty tough...it's not like u get to play Montreal in the playoffs for a chance to get to the cup

Jeez - if you go over to the RF site they are already planning the parade!  Roll Eyes
TBURGESS

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 06:42:55 PM »

Round 2: https://www.cfl.ca/2018/03/15/off-season-power-rankings-spark-plenty-debate/

Being right never gets old.
gbill2004

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 06:43:38 PM »

Davis Sanchez knows what's up. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: