Blue Bombers Forum
September 21, 2018, 01:53:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Renewed Motivation | Ekakitie Ready for Year Two  (Read 2220 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 05:54:26 PM »

2nd round...

So

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »

Question--what athlete in this day and age of nutrition and physical fitness, comes into a pro football training camp fat and out of shape?? Answer--not a very good one!!!

Actions speak louder than words, either you want to play pro football or you don't, I say he doesn't. And don't out this on the alumni for not reaching out and helping him along, this is COMPLETELY on him. Either you want to play football, and do what it takes to compete, or you don't, your lazy and want to get by on your God given talents--which often aren't enough st the pro level. It's your commitment, effort, desire and preservance that makes or breaks you. He's obviously weak in every one of these areas. We ll see if he s changed come TC
the paw

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 06:59:19 PM »

Question--what athlete in this day and age of nutrition and physical fitness, comes into a pro football training camp fat and out of shape?? Answer--not a very good one!!!

Actions speak louder than words, either you want to play pro football or you don't, I say he doesn't. And don't out this on the alumni for not reaching out and helping him along, this is COMPLETELY on him. Either you want to play football, and do what it takes to compete, or you don't, your lazy and want to get by on your God given talents--which often aren't enough st the pro level. It's your commitment, effort, desire and preservance that makes or breaks you. He's obviously weak in every one of these areas. We ll see if he s changed come TC

If you actually bother reading the article, you will see he bulked up to NFL weight for his pro day, which many rookies and veterans do.  You can?t drop that weigh instantly without losing strength, it takes awhile for each player to find his optimal CFL playing weight.  For example,  Muamba came back from the NFL heavier than when he left Winnipeg, and it took him awhile to get back down. 

This is about knowledge/experience not character.

grab grass 'n growl
theaardvark

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 12:12:33 AM »

So

Not a "first round bust"...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Chris1982
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »

The debate of if he is a draft "bust" could go on forever.  Its always going to come down to your expectations vs. reality.  There is no scale to measure if a player is a bust after his first year.  Jumping from college to the pros is a bigger transition for some players, than it is for others.  Give Ekakitie another year to adjust and learn from his mistakes.  Obviously his first year was not "ideal" - but its too soon to write him off. 
gbill2004

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 11:24:40 AM »

The debate of if he is a draft "bust" could go on forever.  Its always going to come down to your expectations vs. reality.  There is no scale to measure if a player is a bust after his first year.  Jumping from college to the pros is a bigger transition for some players, than it is for others.  Give Ekakitie another year to adjust and learn from his mistakes.  Obviously his first year was not "ideal" - but its too soon to write him off. 
Agreed 100%. I see Ekakitie has been working out with Andrew Harris at Elite, so obviously he is taking his conditioning seriously, going into this season. He?s a smart guy with talent so I think he will pleasantly surprise us this year.
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »

He just "didnt have it" last year........every high draft pick gets a year or two or even 3 to show.....hopefully this year he does.

For the record Muamba was given a year on ST and depth chart due to injuries. Only had 15 ST tackles and a fumble recovery for a TD in his rookie season. I believe his 2nd season he started to show us what he was capable of in the 2nd half of the season.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
DM83

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 09:19:14 PM »

Well all that's good.m sounds like Ekakitie will,get with the program and be a force. He's bigger than Jake. So that's good.  Good for him.m when he comes out, who goes in?
66 Chevelle

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 10:05:22 PM »

Agreed 100%. I see Ekakitie has been working out with Andrew Harris at Elite, so obviously he is taking his conditioning seriously, going into this season. He?s a smart guy with talent so I think he will pleasantly surprise us this year.

wow, these two must really make the coin if they have the luxury of getting to actually work out during the off season instead of asking customers 'would you like fries with that?'...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gbill2004

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 10:29:25 PM »

wow, these two must really make the coin if they have the luxury of getting to actually work out during the off season instead of asking customers 'would you like fries with that?'...
You know it?s possible to have a job AND workout, right?  Roll Eyes Working out 1-2 hours a day is plenty. Do you think pro athletes need to spend 12 hours a day in the gym during the off-season?

And according to Dunk, Harris will be making $190k and I believe Ekakitie makes around $80-90k.
Chris1982
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 09:40:49 AM »

I have always kind of wondered, in reality, what percentage of CFL players work part time jobs in the off season. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: