Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2018, 04:55:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Pizza. Burgers and other Culinary Delights!  (Read 11780 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2018, 03:08:39 PM »

Also, anyone else been to the Forks recently?

They've really revamped the marketplace. We went there on sunday afternoon and the place was packed. People just chillin's and having a pint, and this sweet lil' pizza spot called red ember where they make the pizza right in front of you.

I will be back. Soon.

We went last Saturday and had to leave because it was so packed. Was fun to walk around but weren't able to get a seat for food/beer. Much-needed facelift was a success.
Jesse

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »

We went last Saturday and had to leave because it was so packed. Was fun to walk around but weren't able to get a seat for food/beer. Much-needed facelift was a success.

Sunday from 12-2, we couldn't get a seat. We grabbed coffee and walked around.

Coffee was subpar, but the beer looked good!

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2018, 05:54:42 PM »

Sunday from 12-2, we couldn't get a seat. We grabbed coffee and walked around.

Coffee was subpar, but the beer looked good!

We had an espresso from the caf? in Johnston- you'd like it there for that.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »

The Common is an awesome spot at The Forks! It's always been packed whenever I've been there lately. Beer/wine bar, numerous restaurants, and a very nice atmosphere.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Chris1982
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »

The Common is an awesome spot at The Forks! It's always been packed whenever I've been there lately. Beer/wine bar, numerous restaurants, and a very nice atmosphere.

Fergies Fish is awesome.  My favourite place at the Forks by far.
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2018, 01:16:07 PM »

Haven't been there in a while, but Augustino's Pizza on Ness used to be REALLY good. I'm going to go back one of these days, but it's been a while.
Meanwhile though... I really like Little Pizza Heaven in Madison Square.

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2018, 04:06:28 PM »

Haven't been there in a while, but Augustino's Pizza on Ness used to be REALLY good. I'm going to go back one of these days, but it's been a while.

Gus is a beauty and makes a great za. The calzones there are pretty deadly, too. We order from there work pretty often.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2018, 04:54:33 PM »

I live right close to both places. Augustinos has become a real hit or miss. Little Pizza Heaven is great zah.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
wpg#1

« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2018, 06:57:10 PM »

Gus is a beauty and makes a great za. The calzones there are pretty deadly, too. We order from there work pretty often.

Gus at Augustino's is a GREAT guy. Seriously, I haven't been there in .... at least a year, and he pats me on the shoulder at superstore, just to say HI !! I didn't even think he would recognize me.

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
wpg#1

« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2018, 06:58:19 PM »

I live right close to both places. Augustinos has become a real hit or miss. Little Pizza Heaven is great zah.

I live further west, near St James civic centre, but really .... just a hop skip and jump from both places also.

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
wpg#1

« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2018, 07:09:17 PM »

and... you're right ... Augustino's had become hit and miss. That's why we sort of drifted away. I'd like to go back though, give him another chance. The BBQ chicken was an awesome pizza back in the day.

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2018, 10:10:50 PM »

and... you're right ... Augustino's had become hit and miss. That's why we sort of drifted away. I'd like to go back though, give him another chance. The BBQ chicken was an awesome pizza back in the day.

We keep trying to. Its really odd tho ... one week we get a really good fresh tasting zah and 2 weeks later we get a greasy mess thats pretty crappy.

Pizzaland on portage is pretty consistant zah. Not the greatest but for the price i think its pretty good.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
theaardvark

« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »

Maybe you have to find out sho's working when things are a "hit", and only orcder when they are working.  Maybe even tell the owner about your "misses", so he can address the issue.  He may not know just how bad it is.  When a customer gets disappointed by the product, that does not show up the night of the disappointment, but later when the next call does not come.  And before you know it, nobody is calling anymore, and you don't know why.

If you like the place, and the owner, let them know why you are not ordering.  If they are smart, they will address it, maybe even give you a discount to try them again...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn18

« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »

The best pizza, bar none, is not served in Winnipeg. It is from a greasy spoon in Thompson, MB. called Santa Maria's. If any of you are ever in Thompson this is a must have.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn18

« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »

Maybe you have to find out sho's working when things are a "hit", and only orcder when they are working.  Maybe even tell the owner about your "misses", so he can address the issue.  He may not know just how bad it is.  When a customer gets disappointed by the product, that does not show up the night of the disappointment, but later when the next call does not come.  And before you know it, nobody is calling anymore, and you don't know why.

If you like the place, and the owner, let them know why you are not ordering.  If they are smart, they will address it, maybe even give you a discount to try them again...

That's great advice Aards....now I feel emboldened to talk about some dog bones with you. lol. JK, Aards....I really like your store.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: