Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 08:53:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Pizza. Burgers and other Culinary Delights!  (Read 20895 times)
thunderNlightning

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »

Maybe someone should just start a food/restaurant thread. Henoc has turned into a fast food burger and a midnight pizza haha
gbill2004

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2018, 05:27:14 PM »

Maybe someone should just start a food/restaurant thread. Henoc has turned into a fast food burger and a midnight pizza haha
Someone should tweet Henoc a link to this thread. I?m sure he?d get a chuckle out of it Cheesy
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2018, 05:28:45 PM »

Kona burger at Original Joe's is great.

VJ's offers the best chance for a late night stabbing of any of the top burger joints...
Thats why and when we frequented it....of course everything is delicious at 1:30 AM when your high and a had some brewskis....lol!!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
booch

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »

When I lived in the city going to college in the 90's many a time after a night of wobbly pops at Zaxx or The A we would order from Mr.Bones, cheap and did the job, haha
Ah yes...the 3 for 1 deal I remember..
Maudie fingerjammer

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2018, 06:38:23 PM »

I thought I?d change the menu up and talk about my ALL TIME favourite burger and fries takeout stand ever....VJs at 170 Main Street.  When I lived in the Peg in the early 70s we used to go there after the bars shut down as it was the only place open after 1AM.   Randy Bachman still goes there and it?s rated 4.5 stars out of 5 if you want a giant sized feast burger and home cut fries and a thick chocolate shake.   I?m amazed it?s still open 50 years later....definitely need to go there next time I?m in the Peg....maybe take in some good live blues then go for a VJ special!

In the 60?s and early 70?s it was the original Juniors. Greatest dog in town, chili sauce, mustard, onions, a spike of dill pickle, and European wiener. All the Greek places had very similar fare, Red Top etc. Today they have gone to normal wienrs😝. Still measure the worth of a bag of fries against JV/Junions. The closest I have found is 5 Guys in Mesa AZ. On a Saturday nite you could sit in your car and watch for the ?ladies of the nite? from the Fort Gary Hotel come over for lunch. Come on Henoc make up your mind!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2018, 07:13:26 PM »

In the 60?s and early 70?s it was the original Juniors. Greatest dog in town, chili sauce, mustard, onions, a spike of dill pickle, and European wiener. All the Greek places had very similar fare, Red Top etc. Today they have gone to normal wienrs😝. Still measure the worth of a bag of fries against JV/Junions. The closest I have found is 5 Guys in Mesa AZ. On a Saturday nite you could sit in your car and watch for the ?ladies of the nite? from the Fort Gary Hotel come over for lunch. Come on Henoc make up your mind!
Yes....you?re correct it was Juniors back then and they had the Fat Boy burger which was epic back then.....as my somewhat ititinerant memory recalls...lol

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
DM83

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2018, 07:48:14 PM »

Raised on Gondola thin crust. Every Saturday night we were in, the girlfriend and I, Saturday night and then.....never mind.Bones also was fun four pizzas for twenty bucks or whatever it was,

Perogy Pizza at Boston.

Does anyone have any Bomber news.?
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2018, 08:35:29 PM »

This topic is ridiculous now

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
VictorRomano

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »

Personally, I find Santa Lucia's 30" pizza the best deal for playoff parties, which I expect we'll see if Muamba signs.  The only problem is getting a 32" pizza box through a 30" door frame, or into the back of a 2 door hatchback.

BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2018, 12:18:24 AM »

Yes....you?re correct it was Juniors back then and they had the Fat Boy burger which was epic back then.....as my somewhat ititinerant memory recalls...lol

I was in Winnipeg my first time (I am from Dallas Tex - SMU Grad). A frat buddy of mine actually moved to Winnipeg to start his business up and after I was mustered out of the Army (Yes I did Vietnam before I came to Canada) - he invited me up just to visit. He took his date and a blind date for me (who by the way turns out to be my wife of 47 years in Sept) to Juniors on Main street (I think it was on main street - by the CN rail station). Had my first Juniors and fries - Never looked back! My all time favorite (that and the original Half Moon in Lock port).

Great Memories! Living now in Calgary have never found anything close to Juniors!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2018, 12:25:15 AM »

This topic is ridiculous now

This topic is excellent....I'm gonna be back to the peg later this month, and I love reading about where to eat while there....especially from longtime locals. And I didn't want to start another thread asking so this worked out perfect lol...
BlueInCgy

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2018, 03:31:31 AM »

I was in Winnipeg my first time (I am from Dallas Tex - SMU Grad). A frat buddy of mine actually moved to Winnipeg to start his business up and after I was mustered out of the Army (Yes I did Vietnam before I came to Canada) - he invited me up just to visit. He took his date and a blind date for me (who by the way turns out to be my wife of 47 years in Sept) to Juniors on Main street (I think it was on main street - by the CN rail station). Had my first Juniors and fries - Never looked back! My all time favorite (that and the original Half Moon in Lock port).

Great Memories! Living now in Calgary have never found anything close to Juniors!

While I agree that Calgary lacks non chain burger joints for the most part, Peter's (in Calgary, the Red Deer one is not so hot) does a pretty good job.

To offset that void, there's always Tubby Dog.  Amazing hot dogs and vintage arcade games.

Then there's Big Sky BBQ Pit in Okotoks.  Meat heaven.  Puts Big Ts to shame, and I love Big Ts.
Chris1982
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2018, 07:55:06 AM »

Verns Pizza on McPhillips is pretty good. 
gbill2004

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2018, 11:07:54 AM »

Verns Pizza on McPhillips is pretty good. 
Isn't that the pizza that is super thick? 
Chris1982
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2018, 01:00:28 PM »

Isn't that the pizza that is super thick? 

Deep dish
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: