Blue Bombers Forum
June 26, 2019, 06:21:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Pizza. Burgers and other Culinary Delights!  (Read 21305 times)
the paw

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2018, 04:21:17 AM »

when did this turn into the Ladies Home Journal?   Huh

grab grass 'n growl
66 Chevelle

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2018, 04:34:59 AM »

when did this turn into the Ladies Home Journal?   Huh

about 3 pages back, lol...

we need some news! until then, it's all filler, lol... once we find out the fate of the MLB position, there will be all kinds of things to discuss again.... until then, it looks like pizza is the topic...

Best pizza in Winnipeg is made at my home, made from homemade mozzarella, special sauce and fresh dough.   Grin

I think you forgot to give us your address, just sayin'...  surely making a claim such as 'the best' will require confirmation by one or more forum members... that's the rules... you knew that, right?  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
drahgon

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2018, 04:51:19 AM »

Had Gondola thin crust for supper tonight, it's only a couple bucks more than pizza hotline but SO much better. Santa Lucia is one of my favorites too.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2018, 05:27:25 AM »

Had Gondola thin crust for supper tonight, it's only a couple bucks more than pizza hotline but SO much better. Santa Lucia is one of my favorites too.
just might have to try it when in the Peg next time.....

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
thunderNlightning

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2018, 05:29:38 AM »

When I lived in the city going to college in the 90's many a time after a night of wobbly pops at Zaxx or The A we would order from Mr.Bones, cheap and did the job, haha
TecnoGenius

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2018, 05:31:02 AM »

Imo's is the only chain that I ever get pizza from, if I do... there is this little place called Arris' that makes the best pizza around here... a family owned Greek restaurant that makes incredible pizza here in one of those stone ovens I believe... that and gyros, O M G, I love me some gyros... time for some supper, my friends, lol...

Only place 66 mentions that's also up here is Papa Johns.  Papa isn't bad if you like doughy crust.  It's run of the mill, like Dominos.  I get Papas when they have the midweek blow-out specials.

For the Pizza Hotline bashers, ya it's the cheapest stuff around, but on the bright side it's the cheapest stuff around.  You can't feed 8-10 people for under $40 anywhere else (4XL 2top!).  Here's a hint: on the thick crust they never cook it enough, so when you get it, stick it in the (toaster) oven at 330 for 4-7 minutes.  The cheese gets super gooey and the crust cooks and heats up and some of the grease goes away.  It's waaay better that way.  Works on leftovers too.

For less people, gotta be Pizzaland, especially if you like dough!  Gondola is still good, they have the best Pepperoni in town, but are oily.  I'll contradict everyone and say Santa sucks, but it could just be my closest location.  BP used to be good but is going downhill a lot and dropped my fave flavor years ago; and like $60 for 2 LG is insane.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2018, 05:32:56 AM »

When I lived in the city going to college in the 90's many a time after a night of wobbly pops at Zaxx or The A we would order from Mr.Bones, cheap and did the job, haha

Bones was very good for the price.  Like the 90's version of Hotline, but better.  I think there's still 1 left in town?  Talking old... I liked Sabinos back in the day.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2018, 08:55:34 AM »

Santa Lucia first opened in Thompson then left....some of us still miss them. An what is this " Santana ana " pizza place ?....
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2018, 03:17:27 PM »

My apologizes for have to turn this into a Pizza thread but now living in Calgary I dearly miss the various fantastic Pizza Joints in the Peg. Does anyone know if Niakwa Pizza is still around? We use to love the one Archibald. Is it still there?

My apologizes again but besides the Bombers my fondest memory of the Peg is the food (other than that is where I met my wife way way back when). Smiley
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2018, 04:15:18 PM »

My apologizes for have to turn this into a Pizza thread but now living in Calgary I dearly miss the various fantastic Pizza Joints in the Peg. Does anyone know if Niakwa Pizza is still around? We use to love the one Archibald. Is it still there?

My apologizes again but besides the Bombers my fondest memory of the Peg is the food (other than that is where I met my wife way way back when). Smiley

The Achibald Niakwa location is long gone. Was a favourite location for me growing up, too. Perhaps I?ll be able to order from a different location while watching Henoc Muamba play for the Bombers soon.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
gbill2004

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2018, 04:20:02 PM »

The Achibald Niakwa location is long gone. Was a favourite location for me growing up, too. Perhaps I?ll be able to order from a different location while watching Henoc Muamba play for the Bombers soon.
Henoc Muamba and good pizza go so well together!!  lol  Cheesy
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2018, 04:46:13 PM »

I thought I?d change the menu up and talk about my ALL TIME favourite burger and fries takeout stand ever....VJs at 170 Main Street.  When I lived in the Peg in the early 70s we used to go there after the bars shut down as it was the only place open after 1AM.   Randy Bachman still goes there and it?s rated 4.5 stars out of 5 if you want a giant sized feast burger and home cut fries and a thick chocolate shake.   I?m amazed it?s still open 50 years later....definitely need to go there next time I?m in the Peg....maybe take in some good live blues then go for a VJ special!

gbill2004

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2018, 04:48:57 PM »

Blondies make the best burgers but they?re pretty expensive. I also love the Fat Boy from Juniors and the George burger from George?s on St Mary?s.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2018, 05:12:46 PM »

Blondies make the best burgers but they?re pretty expensive. I also love the Fat Boy from Juniors and the George burger from George?s on St Mary?s.
Juniors has been around for awhile as well....not familiar with the other places

sweep the leg

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »

Kona burger at Original Joe's is great.

VJ's offers the best chance for a late night stabbing of any of the top burger joints...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: