Blue Bombers Forum
September 21, 2018, 01:54:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Raymond Comier not guilty in murder of Tina Fontaine  (Read 1597 times)
gbill2004

« on: February 23, 2018, 12:16:13 AM »

I?ve been following this case quite closely in the CBC?s court reports. I feel the system as a whole failed Tina. The City of Winnipeg Police made several errors in their investigation.  But in my opinion, the jury did their job, as I feel there was reasonable doubt in the crown?s case.

blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 01:03:45 AM »

I?ve been following this case quite closely in the CBC?s court reports. I feel the system as a whole failed Tina. The City of Winnipeg Police made several errors in their investigation.  But in my opinion, the jury did their job, as I feel there was reasonable doubt in the crown?s case.

Pretty crazy that this is the way the world works. Everyone knows the truth except the State. OJ.

RIP.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Chris1982
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 07:40:18 AM »

This is a topic that could get very, very controversial and heated.  I personally do not think this should be discussed on this forum, but I will just leave it at that. 
gbill2004

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 08:53:30 AM »

This is a topic that could get very, very controversial and heated.  I personally do not think this should be discussed on this forum, but I will just leave it at that. 
If you can?t handle the discussion then stay out of this thread. Problem solved.
Chris1982
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:17 AM »

If you can?t handle the discussion then stay out of this thread. Problem solved.

Please do not start an unnecessary argument with me.  This topic can be and has potential to become very racially motivated and biased.  It could get ugly, and I do not think this topic is appropriate for this forum.  I will not be taking part in any of this discussion.  I do not need any ignorant comments from you.  I offered my 2 cents on this subject, if you dont like them, then ignore my comments.
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 09:19:55 AM »

Please do not start an unnecessary argument with me.  This topic can be and has potential to become very racially motivated and biased.  It could get ugly, and I do not think this topic is appropriate for this forum.  I will not be taking part in any of this discussion.  I do not need any ignorant comments from you.  I offered my 2 cents on this subject, if you dont like them, then ignore my comments.
And if it gets too controversial or the mods think it?s inappropriate, then the mods can lock it. It?s also quite possible to have a mature, intelligent discussion on the topic; I?ve seen that happen on other message boards. Seriously if you can?t handle the discussion then stay out of here. No need to be making these comments 2 posts in. I for one am interested in hearing what others think of the trial and outcome.
Chris1982
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:26:08 AM »

And if it gets too controversial or the mods think it?s inappropriate, then the mods can lock it. It?s also quite possible to have a mature, intelligent discussion on the topic; I?ve seen that happen on other message boards. Seriously if you can?t handle the discussion then stay out of here. No need to be making these comments 2 posts in. I for one am interested in hearing what others think of the trial and outcome.

I have every right to offer my opinion, and I did.  Like I say, if you dont like my opinion, then ignore it.  You do not need to comment on every single reply.  Just because you dont like someones opinion or comment, it doesnt mean you have to criticize it.
gbill2004

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 09:29:03 AM »

I have every right to offer my opinion, and I did.  Like I say, if you dont like my opinion, then ignore it.  You do not need to comment on every single reply.  Just because you dont like someones opinion or comment, it doesnt mean you have to criticize it.
And you?ve stated your opinion loud and clear. As far as I can tell you aren?t a moderator. If the topic makes you so uncomfortable, stay out. It?s really that simple.

And I don?t see anywhere where I criticized your opinion. You feel the thread is inappropriate?  That?s cool. Then stay out and don?t participate. That?s not criticizing your opinion.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:31:52 AM by gbill2004 » Logged
Chris1982
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 09:37:32 AM »

And you?ve stated your opinion loud and clear. As far as I can tell you aren?t a moderator. If the topic makes you so uncomfortable, stay out. It?s really that simple.

And I don?t see anywhere where I criticized your opinion. You feel the thread is inappropriate?  That?s cool. Then stay out and don?t participate. That?s not criticizing your opinion.

I simply made a comment on the topic.  There was no need for you to personally reply to my comment if you didnt like it.  If you just let me state my initial opinion, and left it alone, none of this discussion would have happened.  There was no  need to start this debate.  My initial comment was about the TOPIC.  Like I say, just let people comment and offer their opinion, without personally attacking what they write. 

Read back everything we just wrote.  If you just let me offer my 2 cents on the topic after my first comment, and ignored it.... all of this unnecessary banter would not have happened. 
gbill2004

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 09:49:48 AM »

I simply made a comment on the topic.  There was no need for you to personally reply to my comment if you didnt like it.  If you just let me state my initial opinion, and left it alone, none of this discussion would have happened.  There was no  need to start this debate.  My initial comment was about the TOPIC.  Like I say, just let people comment and offer their opinion, without personally attacking what they write. 

Read back everything we just wrote.  If you just let me offer my 2 cents on the topic after my first comment, and ignored it.... all of this unnecessary banter would not have happened. 
And you trying to shut down an important discussion before it even gets started is problematic for me, which is why I said, if the topic makes you so uncomfortable, stay out. That?s not criticizing your opinion, or a personal attack. That?s a solution that you may want to consider in light of your issue with the topic.
Chris1982
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 09:54:01 AM »

And you trying to shut down an important discussion before it even gets started is problematic for me, which is why I said, if the topic makes you so uncomfortable, stay out. That?s not criticizing your opinion, or a personal attack. That?s a solution that you may want to consider in light of your issue with the topic.

Blah blah.... sounds like a broken record.  Whatever.  I am done with this.
gbill2004

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 12:05:09 PM »

From Ace Burpee: There is a march in Tina Fontaine?s honour this morning. Meet at Winnipeg courthouse. 408 York Ave. 10:30am.
Jesse

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »

This is a tough one for sure. Obviously, nothing can bring Tina back, all we were hoping for was justice and closure for the family. This verdict, right or wrong, robs them of that.

I wish they had been able to determine cause of death, or find some additional evidence other than his own untrustworthy statements.
Jesse

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 12:10:15 PM »

From Ace Burpee: There is a march in Tina Fontaine?s honour this morning. Meet at Winnipeg courthouse. 408 York Ave. 10:30am.

That?s been going around Twitter.

I wonder how well attended it will be.
gbill2004

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 12:19:02 PM »

This is a tough one for sure. Obviously, nothing can bring Tina back, all we were hoping for was justice and closure for the family. This verdict, right or wrong, robs them of that.

I wish they had been able to determine cause of death, or find some additional evidence other than his own untrustworthy statements.
I'm no legal expert so how does it work now?  Is the case just closed now, or because Cormier was found not guilty, do the Winnipeg Police start up their investigation again?  Cormier may very well be the killer, but the case was based on circumstantial evidence. 
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: