Blue Bombers Forum
December 14, 2018, 07:59:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For those who critized a suggestion to approach Orlondo Steinauer as our DC  (Read 4497 times)
dd

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2018, 02:10:37 PM »

I agree. He's used to a metro centre environment, it was never in the cards to come out here
Horseman

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2018, 03:27:49 PM »

I agree. He's used to a metro centre environment, it was never in the cards to come out here

Pure speculation, truth is unless someone asks Steinauer if he considered a move out west, we will never know.
GCn18

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2018, 03:32:43 PM »

Pure speculation, truth is unless someone asks Steinauer if he considered a move out west, we will never know.

Maybe we did ask him and he said no. We literally have no idea what our level of interest/disinterest was in Steinhauer or whether he was spoken to or not. Edwards did mention that Steinhauer's family really wanted to be back in Oakville.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:37:11 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Jesse

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »

I don't think we'll be able to convince you otherwise, and I don't know for sure, but it really seems liek the only reason OS would come back to the league is because of his family. If he wanted to uproot his family, or if he was comfortable being away from them, he would have stayed in the NCAA.

My wife is amazing!
GCn18

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »

I don't think we'll be able to convince you otherwise, and I don't know for sure, but it really seems liek the only reason OS would come back to the league is because of his family. If he wanted to uproot his family, or if he was comfortable being away from them, he would have stayed in the NCAA.

Edwards also stated that he was offered buckets of money, and a clear succession plan to the HCing job. Neither of which we had to offer.

gbill2004

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »

From 3 Down Nation:

Why Orlondo Steinauer is returning to the Ticats (we think)

Orlondo Steinauer is returning to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that?s good news ? even if it doesn?t make complete sense.

Steinauer, a former Ticat player who won a championship with the team in 1999, was the defensive coordinator for four seasons under head coach Kent Austin starting in 2013, an integral part of the coaching staff that led the club to two straight Grey Cup appearances. He is universally respected around the CFL and was thought to be a leading candidate for a head coaching job in the not-too-distant future.

Then last December, with his Ticats? contract expiring, Steinauer took a job as the defensive coordinator at Fresno State under Jeff Tedford, former head coach of the B.C. Lions. The thought was that Steinauer had essentially jumped career tracks, eschewing the CFL for American college football.

That made sense, given his age (44), his American roots (born in Seattle) and that U.S. college coaches make quite a bit of money, particularly at the highest levels (think millions). After Fresno State had an excellent first season under Tedford and Steinauer, going 10-4 and playing in a bowl game, it looked like he was well on his way.

So what?s changed? Well, Steinauer wasn?t available on Thursday due to travel issues but there are some hints.

In the release from the club, Steinauer alluded to the fact that his family ? he has three daughters, two of whom are still living at home ? has spent ?the vast majority of our lives in Southern Ontario? and that the move ?aligned with my personal and professional priorities.?

Living in Canada again may have been appealing, especially given that his kids were born and raised in Oakville. Professionally? well, so much of that will depend on what happens next but it raises some interesting questions.

Steinauer?s title is officially ?assistant head coach,? a designation that, most notably, does not include his former title as defensive coordinator. The Ticats haven?t announced their staff but there are persistent rumours that the role will be filled by Jerry Glanville, a confidant of head coach June Jones dating back to their NFL days. Glanville is 76, however, with no previous CFL experience and Steinauer could be vital in filling in the gaps.

But Jones is also 65-years-old and though he said when he signed his contract extension in December that it included a three-year term, one gets the sense that both he and the Ticats see this as a year-to-year thing. Grooming Steinauer, with whom he does not have a previous coaching relationship, as a successor may have just become part of the deal.

Both Jones and Steinauer would have to be comfortable with the arrangement and the Cats would be crazy to do it otherwise. Jones has played mentor before ? ask Jeff Reinebold ? and Steinauer will get a Masters class in offensive football from one of the game?s pioneers.

There were already a lot of cooks in the Ticats? kitchen: Austin as vice-president of football operations, general manager Eric Tillman, a head coach with considerable clout in Jones and, as always, president Scott Mitchell ? who almost certainly played a role in Thursday?s move. Where, exactly, Steinauer fits in all of this remains to be seen but the players don?t seem to care: several Ticats? social media feeds were downright giddy after the announcement.

While there?s still some unanswered questions about Steinauer?s motivations, role and future, this much is for sure: it?s hard to go wrong adding a young, supremely-talented coach who is beloved by the players. And the Ticats have done just that.

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/22/orlondo-steinauer-returning-ticats-think/
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2018, 04:03:37 PM »

I find it funny when posters say they are just speculating when their posts get trashed.........yet some of them can't stand it when others speculate about the team.

Maybe the team asked OS if he wanted a job, maybe they didn't. And Hall has won it all has he not (?)....so with the right tools he has done well. What a wasted read this 5 pages was this morning...
GCn18

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2018, 04:24:27 PM »

I find it funny when posters say they are just speculating when their posts get trashed.........yet some of them can't stand it when others speculate about the team.

Maybe the team asked OS if he wanted a job, maybe they didn't. And Hall has won it all has he not (?)....so with the right tools he has done well. What a wasted read this 5 pages was this morning...

Thanks we try our best to ruin your morning.  Grin

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2018, 04:25:34 PM »

Thanks we try our best to ruin your morning.  Grin

Lol...
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2018, 05:57:53 PM »

To improve our team/defence I would take that in a minute.

this makes zero "cents"

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2018, 05:58:50 PM »

Said no one ever!

yeah those grey cups were a complete fluke and any success he has had in a career is just random and lucky  Huh Roll Eyes

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Horseman

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2018, 06:10:59 PM »

this makes zero "cents"

No, it makes perfect sense...if by having to pay Hall for 1 year by replacing him with an upgrade at DC it is worth it.
Horseman

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2018, 06:12:32 PM »

yeah those grey cups were a complete fluke and any success he has had in a career is just random and lucky  Huh Roll Eyes

Since Hall has been with the Bombers, our defence = garbage.
kkc60

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2018, 06:35:51 PM »

Because regression apprentley doesnt exist Roll Eyes Jeff Fisher and Jim Caldwell took teams to Super Bowls, does that mean they are great coaches?
kkc60

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »

this makes zero "cents"
You do 90% of the time a coach gets fired, they still get paid, right?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: