Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2018, 04:54:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agent Camps  (Read 4042 times)
Blue In BC

« on: February 22, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »

We had one last Saturday and another last Sunday. Another one is happening this weekend.

Anyone with information on how many players attended or whether there were any standouts? Could name positions without revealing actual names if confidentiality is an issue.

Just curious on what we do know.

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 06:33:00 PM »

Thought 66Chevelle said he was planning on attending the one in Las Vegas...
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 07:15:24 PM »

Even knowing that some of our neg list players were attending would be interesting. We wouldn't need to know which neg list players. It would just show that we're getting a real look at some of those players and they are showing interest in coming to the CFL.

The reality is that players can come and go from the list without the team ever getting them in a free agent camp.

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 07:16:38 PM »

headed to Vegas tomorrow evening... I see what I can come up with, info wise and let you all know when I get back....  I feel like a reporter now, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
GCn18

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 07:17:43 PM »

headed to Vegas tomorrow evening... I see what I can come up with, info wise and let you all know when I get back....  I feel like a reporter now, lol...

Report well...we're counting on you!! It'll be nice to get some good unbiased and knowledgable sideline reports.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 07:22:22 PM »

Report well...we're counting on you!! It'll be nice to get some good unbiased and knowledgable sideline reports.

you got it Chief! and it won't hurt that I can get a player point of view of the experience as well...

GCn18

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »

you got it Chief! and it won't hurt that I can get a player point of view of the experience as well...

Looking forward to this....a first time ever look behind the scenes of a Bomber FA camp.

Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 07:25:27 PM »

I'm guessing that we'll see another 12 - 15 players added before the full TC. Many will come from these free agent camps. We've got about 74 players currently on the roster. Normally a few get replaced before ever seeing the TC or even some of the mini camps. Probably will include some of 2017 back ups or earlier signings.

Always interesting to see the domino effect when a new rookie is signed as roster size gets bigger. The team will have some sort of perceived depth chart on different positions even in the early going. We can only guess who is currently where.

This year we have less positions of concern IMO so I'm expecting mostly receivers, DB's and LB's to be the focus.

Not expecting too many more import OL, DL, RB or QB's to be added unless they need sheer numbers to run drills.

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 11:15:45 PM »

Great to hear. Looking forward to your report!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 12:23:20 AM »

put some money on the Bombers for the cup

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
66 Chevelle

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 01:17:35 PM »

put some money on the Bombers for the cup

just might have too!

with the marvel of modern technology, I should be able to do live updates tomorrow, of some sort anyway....  I'll be wearing my Bombers hoodie, maybe I can get an interview with one of the scouts, lol... wouldn't that be a hoot!

booch

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »

see if u can get some pics or video
GCn18

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »

just might have too!

with the marvel of modern technology, I should be able to do live updates tomorrow, of some sort anyway....  I'll be wearing my Bombers hoodie, maybe I can get an interview with one of the scouts, lol... wouldn't that be a hoot!

A chat with the scouts would be incredible. Please, if you have the time, take note of what we seem to focus on when doing our assessments.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 08:05:33 PM »

Will do!  I?ll see if they allow pics and stuff too... but I?m going to ask to speak to a scout, if they are there, lol

gbill2004

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »

Will do!  I?ll see if they allow pics and stuff too... but I?m going to ask to speak to a scout, if they are there, lol
Looks like the one in Vegas is being coordinated by McManus: https://www.bluebombers.com/free-agent-camps/ 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: