Blue Bombers Forum
June 23, 2018, 07:13:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bomber fans vote yes to starting season 3-4 weeks early  (Read 2455 times)
Chris1982
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2018, 07:57:14 AM »

Yes the coyotes are rough....but that is my NHL team now when asked.

I was a follower of the Coyotes for several years after the Jets move to Arizona, but that was mainly staying loyal to watching guys like Doan, Khabibulin, Numminen, Tkachuk, etc.... after all those guys called it quits, it was hard to really care much about them anymore.

GCn17

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2018, 01:10:39 PM »

I was a follower of the Coyotes for several years after the Jets move to Arizona, but that was mainly staying loyal to watching guys like Doan, Khabibulin, Numminen, Tkachuk, etc.... after all those guys called it quits, it was hard to really care much about them anymore.

I did too, out of loyalty to some of the players but mostly because I had to pick a team since we didn't have one. After a couple years I went back to my old pre-NHL jets team, the Canadiens.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Chris1982
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »

I did too, out of loyalty to some of the players but mostly because I had to pick a team since we didn't have one. After a couple years I went back to my old pre-NHL jets team, the Canadiens.

The Moose gave us a pretty good run of hockey for the missing Jets years - we easily had the best IHL - AHL atmosphere in both leagues - it was also fun watching all those NHL calibre guys going back and forth from the Canucks.
GCn17

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »

The Moose gave us a pretty good run of hockey for the missing Jets years - we easily had the best IHL - AHL atmosphere in both leagues - it was also fun watching all those NHL calibre guys going back and forth from the Canucks.

Affordable tickets too. Before I started snow birding, I had a 1/3 share in a pair of Jets season tickets and they were freaking expensive for the amount of games you get. I liked going to Moose games cause 40 bucks got you a pretty good seat and I never had a problem finding a buddy who would go because it was affordable.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
DM83

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2018, 07:17:06 AM »

Those teams sucked.

Now the WHA days were where it was at.  $10.00 ice level seat, Anders, Ulf and Bobby.now that was heaven
gbill2004

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2018, 07:48:16 AM »

Those teams sucked.

Now the WHA days were where it was at.  $10.00 ice level seat, Anders, Ulf and Bobby.now that was heaven

In junior high, I used to go to Jets 1.0 games with my friends for $7 tickets we got at 7-11. Nosebleed seats but they place was usually half empty you could sit lower down at ice level.
Chris1982
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »

I remember my Dad and I getting Jets tickets at Macs convenience stores in the early 90s for Buy One Get One free.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2018, 06:09:30 PM »

Definitely should start the season while the kids are still in school.  It will give them something to talk about and perhaps the young crowd can go to the games as a group again.  The CFL needs to have a younger fan base there is no doubt about that.
GCn17

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2018, 06:23:29 PM »

Definitely should start the season while the kids are still in school.  It will give them something to talk about and perhaps the young crowd can go to the games as a group again.  The CFL needs to have a younger fan base there is no doubt about that.

That is a very interesting observation. I concur.

lenny

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2018, 05:58:44 PM »

Love Ambrosie's pro-active approach to starting the season much earlier. Not to hijack the thread but I also hope he speaks to Vince McMahon with view to cross-over games with NFL rules with the XFL. The CFL can remain autonomous all the while expanding interest across the borders on both sides.
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2018, 06:33:30 PM »

Love Ambrosie's pro-active approach to starting the season much earlier. Not to hijack the thread but I also hope he speaks to Vince McMahon with view to cross-over games with NFL rules with the XFL. The CFL can remain autonomous all the while expanding interest across the borders on both sides.

pre-season against XFL teams ending their season would be cool.
Do like some amateur teams have done here 1 half NFL rules/ 1 half CFL rules.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
theaardvark

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2018, 08:42:05 PM »

pre-season against XFL teams ending their season would be cool.
Do like some amateur teams have done here 1 half NFL rules/ 1 half CFL rules.

Are you suggesting CFL teams play tier pre-season games against XFL teams?  What possible benefit would that be, other than hype?  Depending on the XFL cap structure, they could be very different leagues in talent scope.  And the games would all have to be in the US, because most of the XFL players wouldn't be carrying Canadian work visas...

One team will be embarrassed, either by the inability to adapt to the different rules, schemes, etc, or just to a difference in talent levels.

Unless its CFL rules, on Canadian soil, with the XFL having a similar cap structure to the CFL, Hard no.  And even then, its still a no, just not a hard no...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: