Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 08:06:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: Walters interested in Muamba  (Read 59679 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #630 on: March 12, 2018, 04:20:07 PM »

What's the over/under on number of pages this thread reaches before Muamba makes his decision? 
GCn18

« Reply #631 on: March 12, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »

There are so many considerations any individual might be thinking about because football and the best deal possible. None of them are our business and he has every right to consider anything he wants.

He may be looking at continuing his education and non football business opportunities during the off season in several cities.

How a given choice impacts his family and friends and the lifestyle he hopes to achieve.

For all we know he may be deciding to retire from football and moving on with his more permanent career choice.

Decisions will be made at some point. There is zero need to bad mouth anyone about the length of time it takes for an individual to make his choice. It's his choice after all.

How many of us would unexpectedly be out of work due to budget cutbacks, and then be ready and prepared to commit to another job in another city a couple weeks later? Not many, I would suspect. For cripes sakes, it would take most of us a couple weeks just to end our commitments in the place we were leaving.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #632 on: March 12, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »

There are players that play purely for the love of the game, and take whatever the team thinks is fair (Wild, Ochocinqo), there are players that want to at least enjoy their jobs, and sign for less with a team that is competitive and has a great atmosphere (Fenner, Bowman) and then there are players where money is everything, and they will sign in the worst situation for a few extra dollars (Muamba, Westerman)

A player has every right to pull down the max paycheque he can.  No issues with that, as long as that is what it is portrayed as.   But when you do, in an SMS league without guaranteed contracts, you become a potential casualty immediately.  Muamba didn't get cut in Mtl or SSK due to on field production, but because he was an easy SMS correction.  Chick, Durant and Dressler in SSK felt the same fate.  Players cut even though they were solid contributors, solely based on price.

If Muamba wants to settle in and be a fixture on a team, and actually finish a contract, maybe getting a team to overpay him isn't the answer.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #633 on: March 12, 2018, 04:30:37 PM »

Bombers can't afford to miss out on Muamba By: Doug Brown - https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/bombers-cant-afford-to-miss-out-on-muamba-476557463.html

Being right never gets old.
GCn18

« Reply #634 on: March 12, 2018, 04:40:23 PM »

There are players that play purely for the love of the game, and take whatever the team thinks is fair (Wild, Ochocinqo), there are players that want to at least enjoy their jobs, and sign for less with a team that is competitive and has a great atmosphere (Fenner, Bowman) and then there are players where money is everything, and they will sign in the worst situation for a few extra dollars (Muamba, Westerman)

A player has every right to pull down the max paycheque he can.  No issues with that, as long as that is what it is portrayed as.   But when you do, in an SMS league without guaranteed contracts, you become a potential casualty immediately.  Muamba didn't get cut in Mtl or SSK due to on field production, but because he was an easy SMS correction.  Chick, Durant and Dressler in SSK felt the same fate.  Players cut even though they were solid contributors, solely based on price.

If Muamba wants to settle in and be a fixture on a team, and actually finish a contract, maybe getting a team to overpay him isn't the answer.

OMG...you are correct....not at all what you've been saying for the past few weeks, but it seems you now understand that players can be cut even though they were productive for their team.

GCn18

« Reply #635 on: March 12, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »

Doug nailed it. Exactly right.

dd

« Reply #636 on: March 12, 2018, 04:45:09 PM »

How many of us would unexpectedly be out of work due to budget cutbacks, and then be ready and prepared to commit to another job in another city a couple weeks later? Not many, I would suspect. For cripes sakes, it would take most of us a couple weeks just to end our commitments in the place we were leaving.
And players get traded and uproot everything and everyone overnight. It works both ways....It is obvious, that HM is dragging this out to get the biggest contract he can.
GCn18

« Reply #637 on: March 12, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »

And players get traded and uproot everything and everyone overnight. It works both ways....It is obvious, that HM is dragging this out to get the biggest contract he can.

Players do go overnight in the course of a trade. That is not by their choice though. I am sure every single CFL player, to a man, would tell you they would have loved to get some heads up a few weeks before the trade. We did not trade for Henoc, he has every right to weigh his options.

I am sure at some point the Bombers or Als will ask Henoc to make his decision or they are moving on. Fortunately, for Henoc, there is absolutely no reason that needs to happen anytime soon.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:50:32 PM by GCn17 » Logged

bryan35

« Reply #638 on: March 12, 2018, 05:12:10 PM »

Players do go overnight in the course of a trade. That is not by their choice though. I am sure every single CFL player, to a man, would tell you they would have loved to get some heads up a few weeks before the trade. We did not trade for Henoc, he has every right to weigh his options.

I am sure at some point the Bombers or Als will ask Henoc to make his decision or they are moving on. Fortunately, for Henoc, there is absolutely no reason that needs to happen anytime soon.

The contract offers could have an expirey date.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #639 on: March 12, 2018, 05:55:54 PM »

What's the over/under on number of pages this thread reaches before Muamba makes his decision? 

55, I say over

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bomb squad

« Reply #640 on: March 12, 2018, 06:14:58 PM »

He signs when: 1) Somebody adds some juice to their offer; or, 2) Somebody makes noises about pulling away
Jockitch

« Reply #641 on: March 13, 2018, 12:19:14 AM »

Makes all kinds of sense to me ........ plus our city offers great restaurants, upscale rental space at at a reasonable savings vs like choices in Montreal & our FANS are GREAT

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
dd

« Reply #642 on: March 13, 2018, 01:21:57 AM »

HM has Jerry Macguire as his agent----show me the money!!!!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #643 on: March 13, 2018, 02:36:34 AM »

Doug nailed it. Exactly right.

One of his best articles in a long while. He makes several very good points.

"Adding a playmaker who eliminates options for your opponent in the middle of the football field against both the pass and the run, and strengthens the other components of your defence, is as critical a chess piece as there is. No defence worth its salt is without a middle linebacker who's part field general and part kamikaze pilot, who sets the tone physically, and is capable of altering the outcome of games."

That quote hits the nail on the head.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #644 on: March 13, 2018, 02:55:01 AM »

One of his best articles in a long while. He makes several very good points.

"Adding a playmaker who eliminates options for your opponent in the middle of the football field against both the pass and the run, and strengthens the other components of your defence, is as critical a chess piece as there is. No defence worth its salt is without a middle linebacker who's part field general and part kamikaze pilot, who sets the tone physically, and is capable of altering the outcome of games."

That quote hits the nail on the head.
yep....100%

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: