Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2018, 08:56:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign Chandler Fenner  (Read 1902 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 10:12:26 PM »

Have we heard how much Purifoy got in Ottawa?  Would be an interesting comparison ...

Guessing Fenner is a better fit with our team than Purifoy...  Purifoy hits a ton, but seems to me like he is a dirty player.  Fenner seems to be a hard working guy who loves his ST time...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 10:16:18 PM »

Guessing Fenner is a better fit with our team than Purifoy...  Purifoy hits a ton, but seems to me like he is a dirty player.  Fenner seems to be a hard working guy who loves his ST time...

More curious on the price tag than the talent or style
blue girl

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:49 PM »

Another great signing. The fact that he can also play SAM is a bonus in that he can fill in for Leggett if need be.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 12:08:19 AM »

I like the signing

Pretty much all my thoughts have already been mentioned.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
gbill2004

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 12:19:20 AM »

From Naylor: A couple of interesting salary tidbits: one team claims it offered $30k more than Wpg for DB Chandler Fenner but lost out. Tommie Campbell was apparently close to re-signing in Calgary last week for 150k. Must have got a lot more to go to Mtl. #CFL
booch

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »

hopefully was riders lol
gbill2004

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 12:24:19 AM »

hopefully was riders lol
My guess is Montreal.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 01:56:26 AM »

awesome

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 09:28:11 AM »

^^ THIS.  Notice how every signing is a player we can all like.  WBB never signs the a-holes or dirty hitters, or drug-addled airport loiterers.  Locker room attitude and fitting in with the MOS culture as important as talent.

That's why I say, and am sure I'll get, no Steele, no Mrubare, no Messam, no Carter... Steele/Mrubare both were part of injury-gate.  Messam is vulgar.  Carter is... well...

Fenner/Demski/LaFrance are all class acts; and big potential.  That said, Fenner $130+?  That's crazy.  Where are we getting all this money?  Still need some LBs!!
GCn17

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 12:07:53 PM »

^^ THIS.  Notice how every signing is a player we can all like.  WBB never signs the a-holes or dirty hitters, or drug-addled airport loiterers.  Locker room attitude and fitting in with the MOS culture as important as talent.

That's why I say, and am sure I'll get, no Steele, no Mrubare, no Messam, no Carter... Steele/Mrubare both were part of injury-gate.  Messam is vulgar.  Carter is... well...

Fenner/Demski/LaFrance are all class acts; and big potential.  That said, Fenner $130+?  That's crazy.  Where are we getting all this money?  Still need some LBs!!

That's not huge money for an all star calibre player. In fact it wasn't even the highest offer. Fenner is likely the 3rd highest paid guy in our secondary right now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:12:43 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 05:25:54 PM »

We do have a head stomper on the team.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 05:51:22 PM »

So which side is Fenner going to play HB on?  I'm sure he would sparkle beside Randle but I really hope to see him on the other-side beside Huh.
gbill2004

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »

So which side is Fenner going to play HB on?  I'm sure he would sparkle beside Randle but I really hope to see him on the other-side beside Huh.
I expect him on the same side as Heath was, with Randle.
GCn17

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »

Yeah...you put your strongest guy on the boundary side because it's where other teams best receivers line up. Putting Fenner on the field side would be a waste.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 05:56:23 PM »

I expect him on the same side as Heath was, with Randle.
Could be but if he has good chemistry with Gaitor on corner it might be the solution to a huge problem area on the far side.  If not we could be in for another **** show.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: