Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 10:56:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign Chandler Fenner  (Read 2633 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« on: February 13, 2018, 07:48:39 PM »

WINNIPEG, MB., February 13, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed international defensive back Chandler Fenner. Fenner has spent the past two seasons with the BC Lions.

Fenner (6-1, 190, Holy Cross, July 6, 1990 in Virginia Beach, VA)  signed as a free agent with BC during the 2016 season. He has played in 26 games over his two years with the Lions (including all 18 last season), and recorded 105 defensive tackles, 32 special teams tackles, one sack, one interception, and one forced fumble.

Prior to joining the BC Lions, Fenner spent time in the NFL with Kansas City, Seattle, and the New York Giants, winning a Super Bowl while on the reserve with Seattle and playing in 11 games with the Giants in 2014.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:50:31 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 07:49:20 PM »

Farhan Lalji

More Farhan Lalji Retweeted WPG Blue Bombers
Big loss for #BCLions. He will help a #Bombers secondary that gave up far too many yards. @CFLonTSNFarhan Lalji added,

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:16:38 PM »

Good signing. If our scouts can hit on even one defensive back this year it could be a big help. I'm really liking the moves Walters has made today! It's being reported as a two-year deal which is even better.
wookie

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:44:00 PM »

this also gives us option in case moe is not back in time to start the season
RebusRankin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »

Huge signing, excellent HB and can fill in at SAM if need be.
Blue In BC

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 08:59:01 PM »

Excellent player. Might have preferred Purifoy but nevertheless a great addition. Also one of the best ST players an added bonus.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:13:58 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:00:34 PM »

Ed Tait
‏@EdTaitWFC
20m20 minutes ago

More from new #Bombers DB/LB Chandler Fenner on some of the factors that led to his decision to sign here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV8ijqJVMAE7ZSU.jpg

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 09:02:44 PM »

Ed Tait @EdTaitWFC

One more thing on new #Bombers LB/DB Chandler Fenner -- led the Lions with 27 special teams tackles, second in the CFL.
gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »

@BCLionsDen: Hearing Fenner got 60k more from the #Bombers than what the Lions were offering. #BCLions #CFLFA
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 09:44:54 PM »

@BCLionsDen: Hearing Fenner got 60k more from the #Bombers than what the Lions were offering. #BCLions #CFLFA
Was Fenner coming off his rookie contract?  I can understand Heath getting a $60,000 boost from that scenario.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 09:46:02 PM »

Was Fenner coming off his rookie contract?  I can understand Heath getting a $60,000 boost from that scenario.
Yes he was.  But that's $60k more than what BC was offering, not $60k more than his rookie contract. 
gbill2004

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 10:00:48 PM »

From Dunk: #Bombers DB Chandler Fenner inked a two-year pact worth around $130,000 per season with #Winnipeg
fuzzy

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »

Massive signing.

Please ignore all notices until further notice.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 10:07:28 PM »

From Dunk: #Bombers DB Chandler Fenner inked a two-year pact worth around $130,000 per season with #Winnipeg

Have we heard how much Purifoy got in Ottawa?  Would be an interesting comparison ...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 10:08:33 PM »

I like that he signed for 2 years, and the few others that did as well, it will really help create much needed stability at least into 2019.

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 10:12:26 PM »

Have we heard how much Purifoy got in Ottawa?  Would be an interesting comparison ...

Guessing Fenner is a better fit with our team than Purifoy...  Purifoy hits a ton, but seems to me like he is a dirty player.  Fenner seems to be a hard working guy who loves his ST time...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 10:16:18 PM »

Guessing Fenner is a better fit with our team than Purifoy...  Purifoy hits a ton, but seems to me like he is a dirty player.  Fenner seems to be a hard working guy who loves his ST time...

More curious on the price tag than the talent or style
blue girl

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:49 PM »

Another great signing. The fact that he can also play SAM is a bonus in that he can fill in for Leggett if need be.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 12:08:19 AM »

I like the signing

Pretty much all my thoughts have already been mentioned.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
gbill2004

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 12:19:20 AM »

From Naylor: A couple of interesting salary tidbits: one team claims it offered $30k more than Wpg for DB Chandler Fenner but lost out. Tommie Campbell was apparently close to re-signing in Calgary last week for 150k. Must have got a lot more to go to Mtl. #CFL
booch

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »

hopefully was riders lol
gbill2004

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 12:24:19 AM »

hopefully was riders lol
My guess is Montreal.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 01:56:26 AM »

awesome

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 09:28:11 AM »

^^ THIS.  Notice how every signing is a player we can all like.  WBB never signs the a-holes or dirty hitters, or drug-addled airport loiterers.  Locker room attitude and fitting in with the MOS culture as important as talent.

That's why I say, and am sure I'll get, no Steele, no Mrubare, no Messam, no Carter... Steele/Mrubare both were part of injury-gate.  Messam is vulgar.  Carter is... well...

Fenner/Demski/LaFrance are all class acts; and big potential.  That said, Fenner $130+?  That's crazy.  Where are we getting all this money?  Still need some LBs!!
GCn18

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 12:07:53 PM »

^^ THIS.  Notice how every signing is a player we can all like.  WBB never signs the a-holes or dirty hitters, or drug-addled airport loiterers.  Locker room attitude and fitting in with the MOS culture as important as talent.

That's why I say, and am sure I'll get, no Steele, no Mrubare, no Messam, no Carter... Steele/Mrubare both were part of injury-gate.  Messam is vulgar.  Carter is... well...

Fenner/Demski/LaFrance are all class acts; and big potential.  That said, Fenner $130+?  That's crazy.  Where are we getting all this money?  Still need some LBs!!

That's not huge money for an all star calibre player. In fact it wasn't even the highest offer. Fenner is likely the 3rd highest paid guy in our secondary right now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:12:43 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 05:25:54 PM »

We do have a head stomper on the team.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 05:51:22 PM »

So which side is Fenner going to play HB on?  I'm sure he would sparkle beside Randle but I really hope to see him on the other-side beside Huh.
gbill2004

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »

So which side is Fenner going to play HB on?  I'm sure he would sparkle beside Randle but I really hope to see him on the other-side beside Huh.
I expect him on the same side as Heath was, with Randle.
GCn18

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »

Yeah...you put your strongest guy on the boundary side because it's where other teams best receivers line up. Putting Fenner on the field side would be a waste.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 05:56:23 PM »

I expect him on the same side as Heath was, with Randle.
Could be but if he has good chemistry with Gaitor on corner it might be the solution to a huge problem area on the far side.  If not we could be in for another **** show.
GCn18

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »

Could be but if he has good chemistry with Gaitor on corner it might be the solution to a huge problem area on the far side.  If not we could be in for another **** show.

I don't want him covering the other teams 4th receiver. We put someone else on the other teams star SB and it will be even worse. The field side is much more forgiving because it's a longer throw.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »

Hopefully Walker accepts a P.R. spot cause I don't want to lose him, but he should have spent most of 2017 there learning the game.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 06:05:23 PM »

Messam is vulgar. 

C'mon now.  We have no use for the guy, but he is an all out baller with some gas (not a lot, but enough) left in the tank.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »

Hopefully Walker accepts a P.R. spot cause I don't want to lose him, but he should have spent most of 2017 there learning the game.

you know, after actually putting pen to paper the other day in regards to the reality of being on the PR, I can see why Thorpe wasn't interested in doing so, that is unless there is a very specific plan as to how I get off of it... but as a place to put people in lieu of having to pay their contract... tough row to hoe... from both sides, I guess...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
GCn18

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »

you know, after actually putting pen to paper the other day in regards to the reality of being on the PR, I can see why Thorpe wasn't interested in doing so, that is unless there is a very specific plan as to how I get off of it... but as a place to put people in lieu of having to pay their contract... tough row to hoe... from both sides, I guess...

I think the PR is great for guys to come here and get their feet wet, but I wouldn't want to be on there for a full season. However, literally a day or two after Thorpe quits we get an injury and he would have been back in the starting lineup for likely the remainder of the season. Instead he sat on the Riders PR. That's gotta chap him up a bit.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »

Depends I guess, if you're a young single guy who want to pursue pro football, you don't have many options.
GCn18

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2018, 07:05:09 PM »

Depends I guess, if you're a young single guy who want to pursue pro football, you don't have many options.

I guess the alternative is to play in the Spring League where you pay them to play.

Tehedra

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2018, 09:26:30 PM »

I guess the alternative is to play in the Spring League where you pay them to play.

So Manziel is paying the spring league? over taking 150k here?
the paw

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »

So Manziel is paying the spring league? over taking 150k here?

Yes, but it only ties him up for 6 weeks instead of 2 years.  If you want to get back to the NFL, that makes sense.

grab grass 'n growl
TecnoGenius

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2018, 11:39:12 PM »

We do have a head stomper on the team.

The only guy remotely "stompy" on the BB, IMHO, is Loffler.  However, I disagree with nearly every penalty he has gotten, and I consider him to be a clean player, just like MOS says.  Regardless, Loffler keeps it classy, he just quietly does his job.

In no way is Loffler an Awe, or an injury-gater, nor is he classless.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2018, 11:43:24 PM »

The only guy remotely "stompy" on the BB, IMHO, is Loffler.  However, I disagree with nearly every penalty he has gotten, and I consider him to be a clean player, just like MOS says.  Regardless, Loffler keeps it classy, he just quietly does his job.

In no way is Loffler an Awe, or an injury-gater, nor is he classless.

I'm sure he was referring to QB Philip Nelson (at least based on his narrative a while back).

https://www.twincities.com/2016/09/28/ex-gopher-philip-nelson-sued-over-mankato-mans-brain-damaging-assault/

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2018, 04:24:22 AM »

I'm sure he was referring to QB Philip Nelson (at least based on his narrative a while back).

https://www.twincities.com/2016/09/28/ex-gopher-philip-nelson-sued-over-mankato-mans-brain-damaging-assault/

Thanks, I hadn't seen that yet.  Yikes, that guy doesn't sound too much like WBB material.  Maybe WFC doesn't know about it?  Nah.  Maybe they feel it's a young-guy-in-college-one-stupid-drunk-night thing?  And who knows how long he'll stick around here anyway.  We go through #3 QB's faster than anyone in the league, it seems.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: