Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 10:54:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign Winnipeg-born running back Kienan LaFrance  (Read 5300 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2018, 10:39:22 PM »

Probably both options could be correct. Part of Walters' job is to give the coaching staff options. The 2nd Canadian receiver will be an option but it doesn't mean it will be our only.
Yes this would be ideal.
Blue In BC

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2018, 10:42:06 PM »

Probably both options could be correct. Part of Walters' job is to give the coaching staff options. The 2nd Canadian receiver will be an option but it doesn't mean it will be our only.

Except it's appearing we will start 2 Canadian receivers which eliminates that rotation change. At the moment it's the ratio option due to losing Westerman. Also a better current option to having to start the possible Canadians on defense.

No more excuses.
dd

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2018, 11:49:50 PM »

I think it more likely that would be when Flanders goes in at RB and we use a 2nd Canadian receiver.

Of course this suggests we're only already starting 1 Canadian receiver and that may not be the case.

Flanders has proven to be a threat as a RB & receiver whereas any current choice of 2nd Canadian receiver not so much.

Part of the question becomes whether Flanders is a DI or even makes the 44 AR. Initially I would have expected a pure receiver: White, Givens, Lankford, JSW, a rookie in that order.

Of course they may plan to give Flanders more reps at SB so he could be an either or sort of player.

I just don't see the need for Flanders anymore. LaFrance is a NAT, gives us NAT depth and ratio insurance in the event others go down, plus will greatly benefit from the reps at RB development wise. He and Flanders have similar styles and stats. I think this may be the most underrated signing today.
gbill2004

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2018, 11:53:39 PM »

I just don't see the need for Flanders anymore. LaFrance is a NAT, gives us NAT depth and ratio insurance in the event others go down, plus will greatly benefit from the reps at RB development wise. He and Flanders have similar styles and stats. I think this may be the most underrated signing today.
Flanders and Lafrance are not similar. Flanders is much more dynamic and talented. Lafrance is a plodder. Have you actually watched them play in a game?
dd

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2018, 11:56:58 PM »

Yes I have. Seem to recall LaFrance running wild a year ago in the playoffs.

Are you going to take of Bowman, Adams or Dressler for Flanders---not a chance. Harris needs a breather, LaFrance is going in and our big receiving guns remain on the field and we roll on. If we get injuries, different story, but as it stands, I don't see him bumping anyone off the field.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2018, 12:20:01 AM »

Yes I have. Seem to recall LaFrance running wild a year ago in the playoffs.

Are you going to take of Bowman, Adams or Dressler for Flanders---not a chance. Harris needs a breather, LaFrance is going in and our big receiving guns remain on the field and we roll on. If we get injuries, different story, but as it stands, I don't see him bumping anyone off the field.

And that was one game. One. Aside from that, when else has he ran wild?

I'm excited about the LaFrance signing, too. But pump the brakes and realize Flanders is still the better tailback.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2018, 12:27:40 AM »

I'm excited about the LaFrance signing, too. But pump the brakes and realize Flanders is still the better tailback.

It's not even close in talent between the two.  Lafrance in the playoffs was in a snowstorm too.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2018, 01:55:54 AM »

great depth signing and good for the future

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
dd

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2018, 01:57:45 AM »

He is the better back, but I'd rather have Bowman and LaFrance on the field vs Coates and Flanders. We'll see what the coaches sort out, nice problem to have just the same, shows the depth and options we have now.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2018, 02:52:22 AM »

Talent-wise it's not even close, there is almost no drop off in ability between Flanders and Harris.  Harris is established as "the man" and he does not come off the field unless he is unable to walk.  The last time he was subbed regularly was in BC and he sure din't like it, that's one of the reasons he now plays for Wpg.  F.A. is not over, they would be foolish not to carry enough Natl. depth on the D side to plug in another Natl. to better balance the ratio.  My guess would be on the D-line.
Pigskin

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2018, 02:56:14 AM »

Lafrance is an insurance policy for Harris.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2018, 09:19:10 AM »

You guys are all wrong on LaFrance.  I'll bet in 2-3 years he'll be a top-5 RB, and top-3 NAT RB in the CFL.  Harris says he has big potential, I believe Harris.  I predict he has a better-than-average '18, definitely a personal record year.  Give the kid a chance.  Lots of room for growth, and you can't ask for a better mentor than Harris.

Love this signing.  And $80k?  Complete steal.  Hope they lock him in for 2 years when he's proven himself by mid-season.
GCn18

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »

You guys are all wrong on LaFrance.  I'll bet in 2-3 years he'll be a top-5 RB, and top-3 NAT RB in the CFL.  Harris says he has big potential, I believe Harris.  I predict he has a better-than-average '18, definitely a personal record year.  Give the kid a chance.  Lots of room for growth, and you can't ask for a better mentor than Harris.

Love this signing.  And $80k?  Complete steal.  Hope they lock him in for 2 years when he's proven himself by mid-season.

We can only base our opinions on what we have seen with our own eyes, if you want to base yours on a hunch...be my guest...but don't say we're all wrong until your hunch actually comes to fruition.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2018, 01:16:24 PM »

I doubt it. That would be an odd trajectory for a running back. He'll be 27 this spring. In 2 or 3 years, he'll be 30. It's now or never for his effectiveness I think.
gbill2004

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:04 PM »

I doubt it. That would be an odd trajectory for a running back. He'll be 27 this spring. In 2 or 3 years, he'll be 30. It's now or never for his effectiveness I think.
He's a plodder. He had one good game a couple years ago in the playoffs where there was a ton of snow on the field.  The Riders paid a premium for that one game an they now realized who he really is, and released him.  I hear he plays some special teams, so he adds some value there, and as an in-game replacement if Harris gets injured. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: