Blue Bombers Forum
June 21, 2018, 07:20:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign Winnipeg-born running back Kienan LaFrance  (Read 4270 times)
DM83

« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2018, 12:23:16 AM »

I am also an amateur football ref. One of the things emphasized is that it is one guys primary call. (Back judge. Has dead ball end line of the End zone)  the Headlinesman has the sideline) Now if the BJ is watching something else ( receivers in fron. Of him, or is blocked out) and doesn't get there in time, the sideline guy,,also has responsibility to be in position to make a call.

Correct protocol is for both refs,to,make Eye,contact , nod the call as a catch or not and make the signal.  If the one guy had not seen it, he lets the other ref know, and then they go with the guy who saw it.

What happened in the NFL game was b.s.
PurpleReign

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2018, 12:59:46 AM »

LaFrance was cheap and a descent pickup. He is okay but not spectacular, he is not Harris's future replacement. I would love for Alex Taylor to get drafted by the Bombers.  Much better upside than LaFrance.  I hear Alex has some NFL interest.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:01:19 AM by PurpleReign » Logged
dd

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2018, 02:17:46 AM »

I am also an amateur football ref. One of the things emphasized is that it is one guys primary call. (Back judge. Has dead ball end line of the End zone)  the Headlinesman has the sideline) Now if the BJ is watching something else ( receivers in fron. Of him, or is blocked out) and doesn't get there in time, the sideline guy,,also has responsibility to be in position to make a call.

Correct protocol is for both refs,to,make Eye,contact , nod the call as a catch or not and make the signal.  If the one guy had not seen it, he lets the other ref know, and then they go with the guy who saw it.

What happened in the NFL game was b.s.
Check your mechanics son. Your Headlinesman is back at the LOS in a 7 man crew, and its  your side judge or field judge that has the sideline in the end zone. Amateur ref indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: