Blue Bombers Forum
February 24, 2018, 01:24:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign Winnipeg-born running back Kienan LaFrance  (Read 1732 times)
Horseman

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 08:30:33 PM »

The point has been argued repeatedly but I don't see them starting 2 Natl. receivers.  They probably will eventually sign at least one more Natl. for the D-line with the default option being Thomas. 

I would like to see Ese Mrabure or Darryl Waud signed for the DL before Thomas.
the paw

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 08:38:07 PM »

The point has been argued repeatedly but I don't see them starting 2 Natl. receivers.  They probably will eventually sign at least one more Natl. for the D-line with the default option being Thomas. 

I don't agree that's the way the tea leaves read, but yes, if they want to sit Coates they would have to have another NI starter on D, and DT is the most likely place. 

Personally, I think that Murabe is too light, and Waud's injury is a question mark.  And if they were happy with Ekakitie/Thomas rotation, they would never have let Thomas get to free agency.  I mean, we had those two guys last year, and we are losing Westerman.  That is a net loss to the D-line.  I also think we would not have extended Nevis if we were looking to go NI at the DT spot.  But, I could be wrong, I'm just not following the logic....

grab grass 'n growl
gbill2004

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 08:39:29 PM »

I don't agree that's the way the tea leaves read, but yes, if they want to sit Coates they would have to have another NI starter on D, and DT is the most likely place. 

Personally, I think that Murabe is too light, and Waud's injury is a question mark.  And if they were happy with Ekakitie/Thomas rotation, they would never have let Thomas get to free agency.  I mean, we had those two guys last year, and we are losing Westerman.  That is a net loss to the D-line.  I also think we would not have extended Nevis if we were looking to go NI at the DT spot.  But, I could be wrong, I'm just not following the logic....
Eddie Steele is still available.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2018, 08:42:21 PM »

All of the Winnipeggers!
Horseman

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2018, 08:43:45 PM »

You can also add Evan Gill.
gbill2004

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2018, 08:44:19 PM »

You can also add Evan Gill.
Is Gill ever not injured?  No thanks.
Horseman

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2018, 08:45:06 PM »

Is Gill ever not injured?  No thanks.

No I didn`t say I wanted him here, my point was he is a Winnipegger who is available.
gbill2004

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2018, 08:46:01 PM »

No I didn`t say I wanted him here, my point was he is a Winnipegger who is available.
Gotcha. I was suggesting Steele because he?s a legit option as a Canadian starter.
RebusRankin

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2018, 08:55:47 PM »

So you get the heir apparent to Harris, who gives you excellent insurance, plus a guy who can lessen Harris's load so he's fresh for the playoffs and people are ********?
gbill2004

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2018, 08:56:49 PM »

So you get the heir apparent to Harris, who gives you excellent insurance, plus a guy who can lessen Harris's load so he's fresh for the playoffs and people are ********?
Lafrance is a plodder, but I guess it helps with the ratio.
booch

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »

he won't be the heir apparent...he is an adequate in game back-up....but when it comes time for Harris to hang em up...or maybe switch to a slotback role later in his career then we switch ratio and go import at RB
blue girl

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2018, 10:27:16 PM »

IMO this is a depth signing. LaFrance can backup Harris if he gets injured in a game. Good signing.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2018, 10:34:41 PM »

IMO this is a depth signing. LaFrance can backup Harris if he gets injured in a game. Good signing.

and maintain ratio if Harris needs a breather from time to time during a game...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2018, 10:36:12 PM »

and maintain ratio if Harris needs a breather from time to time during a game...

I think it more likely that would be when Flanders goes in at RB and we use a 2nd Canadian receiver.

Of course this suggests we're only already starting 1 Canadian receiver and that may not be the case.

Flanders has proven to be a threat as a RB & receiver whereas any current choice of 2nd Canadian receiver not so much.

Part of the question becomes whether Flanders is a DI or even makes the 44 AR. Initially I would have expected a pure receiver: White, Givens, Lankford, JSW, a rookie in that order.

Of course they may plan to give Flanders more reps at SB so he could be an either or sort of player.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:39:33 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:47 PM »

I think it more likely that would be when Flanders goes in at RB and we use a 2nd Canadian receiver.

Of course this suggests we're only already starting 1 Canadian receiver and that may not be the case.

Probably both options could be correct. Part of Walters' job is to give the coaching staff options. The 2nd Canadian receiver will be an option but it doesn't mean it will be our only.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: