Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2018, 07:27:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign Winnipeg-born running back Kienan LaFrance  (Read 5286 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »

More from Derek Taylor: With the Bombers signing @KDidely, does that mean @TFlanders405 starts at receiver? Flanders at the Field-3 spot with Dressler at 2 maybe?
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 07:20:41 PM »

LaFrance would be an improvement over Flanders.  Good money well spent.
the paw

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »

Flanders might be the 5th receiver if we re-sign Westerman.

Where would he line up?  You aren't going to stick Flanders way out on the boundary.  I don't want to bump Bowman, Dressler, Demski or Adams out there either. And if you keep Flanders dressed, you want to play him.  If he is going to spell Harris, why would we increase our costs $20k by picking up Lafrance over Normand?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see how he gets used.    

grab grass 'n growl
GCn18

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »

More from Derek Taylor: With the Bombers signing @KDidely, does that mean @TFlanders405 starts at receiver? Flanders at the Field-3 spot with Dressler at 2 maybe?

It could mean that if we sign another NAT starter on D.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
gbill2004

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »

Flanders is miles more talented than Lafrance.
Jesse

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »

In theory it allows us to improve the D with more Americans. But I?m not seeing those improvements yet.

I don?t think D has taken a hit at all. We have replacements for Westerman, they?re just American. I think our DL will be as good or better without Thomas and Westerman. It?s simply a ratio thing. Not to mention no Sam Hurl (still the potential that he is signed as a rotational guy).

It?s like you?ve never seen either of them play....
Jesse

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »

Where would he line up?  You aren't going to stick Flanders way out on the boundary.  I don't want to bump Bowman, Dressler, Demski or Adams out there either. And if you keep Flanders dressed, you want to play him.  If he is going to spell Harris, why would we increase our costs $20k by picking up Lafrance over Normand?

Flanders never played every snap. He can rotate in like he always has.
gbill2004

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:59 PM »

I don?t think D has taken a hit at all. We have replacements for Westerman, they?re just American. I think our DL will be as good or better without Thomas and Westerman. It?s simply a ratio thing. Not to mention no Sam Hurl (still the potential that he is signed as a rotational guy).

It?s like you?ve never seen either of them play....
Our D talent wise right now is status quo. Minus Heath. That?s worse. But I?m optimistic there will be some signings.
the paw

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2018, 07:30:55 PM »

Flanders never played every snap. He can rotate in like he always has.

No offence, but that's a kind of specious answer. 

Rotate in for who?  If he is a DI, he has to take off an INT.  That means you are sitting Bowman, Dressler or Adams.  It was no big deal if he would come in for Washington or Givens, but if you are taking one of the big three off for Flanders, that's a tactical error.

The only way he rotates in freely is if we start 8 Cdns, which means 2 on D.  It doesn't look like Westerman is coming back, and Laurent, Evans and Konar are all gone.  That leaves Sam Hurl, Murabe or maybe Steele as your second starter.  I'm not crazy about that.   

grab grass 'n growl
TBURGESS

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »

Our D talent wise right now is status quo. Minus Heath. That?s worse. But I?m optimistic there will be some signings.
Status Quo? Health's an all star. Westerman was the western MOC candidate in 2015 and a NI who plays like an import in  2016/17. Hurl - We could be better without him. Gaitor and Clark are additions. Sounds like a bunch of changes to me.

Being right never gets old.
GCn18

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »

No offence, but that's a kind of specious answer. 

Rotate in for who?  If he is a DI, he has to take off an INT.  That means you are sitting Bowman, Dressler or Adams.  It was no big deal if he would come in for Washington or Givens, but if you are taking one of the big three off for Flanders, that's a tactical error.

The only way he rotates in freely is if we start 8 Cdns, which means 2 on D.  It doesn't look like Westerman is coming back, and Laurent, Evans and Konar are all gone.  That leaves Sam Hurl, Murabe or maybe Steele as your second starter.  I'm not crazy about that.   

Yea...or if we get lucky in the draft I guess, but right now it's not looking good.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 07:38:46 PM »

Bombers add Chandler Fenner... Darrin Bauming #Bombers add a talented defensive back in 6?1? 190lb American Chandler Fenner. Two-year deal for the two-year @CFL vet.

Being right never gets old.
kkc60

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 07:41:14 PM »

Bombers add Chandler Fenner... Darrin Bauming #Bombers add a talented defensive back in 6?1? 190lb American Chandler Fenner. Two-year deal for the two-year @CFL vet.
Not my first choice, but definitely a good signing. We need as much experience and depth as possible heading into TC
thunderNlightning

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 07:42:31 PM »

Lets be realistic here, Harris has been seeing a lot of action past couple  years and is not getting any younger. I think spelling him off at times with Lafrance is going to help keep him fresher and healthy for a full season.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »

The point has been argued repeatedly but I don't see them starting 2 Natl. receivers.  They probably will eventually sign at least one more Natl. for the D-line with the default option being Thomas. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: