Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2018, 11:02:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign Winnipeg-born running back Kienan LaFrance  (Read 4055 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »

He can learn a lot from Harris. I like this signing at this price.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 06:56:46 PM »

This resolves the ratio issue of starting 2 Canadian receivers.  If Harris gets injured in-game, we are now covered.  
kkc60

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »

I think this pushes Flanders to the PR.  Lafrance can back up Harris, and Demski will be the new slot receiver.  

I think this allows us 6 legit starters on O, which reduces the need to sign a NI DT.  That frees up cash for a MLB.  
I think it just makes Flanders a scratch. I would be surprised if he would accept a PR spot
bigbuff33

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »

Two good signings so far...

But...MLB and DB...gotta sign one or both...
Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 06:59:32 PM »

I think it just makes Flanders a scratch. I would be surprised if he would accept a PR spot

He could just go to 2 man reserve.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »

I can't see it, signing Demski and LeFrance changes little except improving Natl. talent over Normand and JFG.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »

I'd be really surprised if it pushed Flanders off the roster. This is more of a depth signing which gives us someone who can spell off Harris. I don't think LaFrance is capable of starting but he could certainly play the role of Flanders if Flanders suddenly finds himself the lead dog in the backfield.
booch

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 07:09:11 PM »

pretty much....Lafrance takes Normands spot...and will probably get more touches in a game than he ever did...Demski has replaced Coates/JFG as our 1A option for a Canadian receiver.

I fully expect us to have only 1 starting Canadian receiver and 2 Canadians on defese...just who it is yet has to be decided...I still think we land Westerman....and if he bolts Mraubre
GCn17

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 07:09:59 PM »

I can't see it, signing Demski and LeFrance changes little except improving Natl. talent over Normand and JFG.

Definitely an upgrade with Demski over JFG but it came at a cost....LaFrance being an upgrade over Normand is highly debateable.
I'm not a big fan of Walters FA strategy thus far.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
the paw

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 07:12:49 PM »

You really can't see it?  They are paying Demski $150k to start, he is the #4 receiver.  So, not room in the slot for Flanders.  JFG had already lost his job to Coates, he's irrelevant.  They are going to start Demski and Coates.  

Lafrance is going to back up Harris, which Flanders used to do.  If they are paying Lafrance $80k (at least $20k more than Normand) then he better be the first man off the bench if Harris goes down.  

I don't see much room for Flanders on the active roster.

grab grass 'n growl
gbill2004

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »

You really can't see it?  They are paying Demski $150k to start, he is the #4 receiver.  So, not room in the slot for Flanders.  JFG had already lost his job to Coates, he's irrelevant.  They are going to start Demski and Coates.  

Lafrance is going to back up Harris, which Flanders used to do.  If they are paying Lafrance $80k (at least $20k more than Normand) then he better be the first man off the bench if Harris goes down.  

Flanders might be the 5th receiver if we re-sign Westerman.
GCn17

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »

Yep...it's why I hate the idea of going 2 NAT receivers.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Jesse

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 07:16:26 PM »

pretty much....Lafrance takes Normands spot...and will probably get more touches in a game than he ever did...Demski has replaced Coates/JFG as our 1A option for a Canadian receiver.

I fully expect us to have only 1 starting Canadian receiver and 2 Canadians on defese...just who it is yet has to be decided...I still think we land Westerman....and if he bolts Mraubre

I don?t know why we?d be willingly downgrading our offence if it wasn?t to make up for the ratio loss in losing Westerman. Demski makes sense, but signing LaFrance looks to me like they?re committing to keeping an extra Canadian on offence (which I hate, btw).

gbill2004

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »

I don?t know why we?d be willingly downgrading our offence if it wasn?t to make up for the ratio loss in losing Westerman. Demski makes sense, but signing LaFrance looks to me like they?re committing to keeping an extra Canadian on offence (which I hate, btw).

In theory it allows us to improve the D with more Americans. But I?m not seeing those improvements yet.
GCn17

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2018, 07:19:23 PM »

Losing Flanders will be a big blow. I really can't see Walters not signing a NAT for our defence.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: