Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 10:54:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Nic Demski signed  (Read 5068 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2018, 06:41:03 PM »

If it's an overpay, it's only a very slight one. I think you guys are off on your valuations for a starting NAT in a skill position.

he's yet to prove he's a starting talent though and it's a 1 year deal... and we have Adams, Dressler, Bowman, and Harris.... as I was saying the other day, the offense could use the help but the defense needs the help and so far, we've yet to retain what defense we had last year all the while spending money on 'whats', and some 'needs'...

I've got a '66 Chevelle out in the shop that needs my attention if I plan on driving it this spring... I'll go out there and get this off my mind for a while, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gbill2004

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »

Paul Friesen/Winnipeg Sun are reporting $145k for Demski.  
the paw

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »

geez.... so, $115 + $35 bonus?  that seems like a lot for someone who only caught 19 balls last year... I get that he's Canadian and all but still...

They are clearly paying him as a starter.  If he ends up being injured or not getting the reps, it will be an overpay.  If he starts 16 games, and puts up 600 yds receiving and returns kicks, it's good value.  

grab grass 'n growl
booch

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2018, 06:43:28 PM »

lots of if's in there
GCn18

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:31 PM »

he's yet to prove he's a starting talent though and it's a 1 year deal... and we have Adams, Dressler, Bowman, and Harris.... as I was saying the other day, the offense could use the help but the defense needs the help and so far, we've yet to retain what defense we had last year all the while spending money on 'whats', and some 'needs'...

I've got a '66 Chevelle out in the shop that needs my attention if I plan on driving it this spring... I'll go out there and get this off my mind for a while, lol...

Not disagreeing with ya...I don't think there was any urgent need to sign him either. But he's here, and he will be starting because of the ratio needs created by people going kaflooey on their prices they are willing to pay to NAT DL.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
the paw

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »

I agree that they are paying him to start, but that doesn't mean sitting out at the boundary all game. He can move around to any of the receiver spots and maybe even at RB. To keep the ratio the same, we could bring in Coates if/when we sub Flanders for Harris, but that only works if we are starting 1 NI receiver in the first place.

Your theory about 8 starters is sound. We did that until Westerman went down last year. The 8th will likely be by committee, unless we sign Westerman.

all ratio calculations need a reset, since they just signed LaFrance.  That makes Flanders expendable, and we can actually have 6 starters on O and only one on D.  Without having to sign a Steele, Gill or Murabe, there is probably some $ available for a MLB.  I predict Tank Reed.

grab grass 'n growl
bwiser

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2018, 06:54:29 PM »

It will be interesting to see who they go with as Nationals. I think it will be
Harris
Chungh
Neufeld
Goosen
Demski
Loffler
and one of Coates or Thomas,LaFrance or Ekakitie.
Some of this will be decided at training camp and if we can get Thomas re-signed
Tehedra

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2018, 06:57:38 PM »

I expected to get Demski at a lower than usual NAT starter amount due to him wanting to be here.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2018, 07:19:46 PM »

We are spending a ton of cash on our offence.  They better be so good that they can outscore other teams or we will be in for a long season watching our defence give up huge numbers again.
blue girl

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »

I love this signing and I think that he's worth whatever they're paying him. He's a starting Canadian and he can also return kicks.
theaardvark

« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2018, 10:07:59 PM »

Will Demski be playing 100% of Offensive snaps?  Westerman doesn't play 100% of D snaps...  better value in the Nat premium on the O player...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2018, 10:14:01 PM »

Will Demski be playing 100% of Offensive snaps?  Westerman doesn't play 100% of D snaps...  better value in the Nat premium on the O player...

Magic 8 Ball says 'unlikely'...  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
dd

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2018, 11:44:03 PM »

all ratio calculations need a reset, since they just signed LaFrance.  That makes Flanders expendable, and we can actually have 6 starters on O and only one on D.  Without having to sign a Steele, Gill or Murabe, there is probably some $ available for a MLB.  I predict Tank Reed.
Agree. LaFrance was a HUGE signing in my books. Gives us NAT depth at RB. Demski is another massive bonus...he'll never come off the field on O and gives us another NAT contributing. Both are young and from Wpg, great day for us.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2018, 12:10:18 AM »

HEY! We got the guy we can all squabble about his amount ~$10,000

I could care frigginless great signing!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2018, 06:56:59 AM »

Agreeing with GoldMember and DD on Demski and Lafrance.   Three Winnipeg boys on our team and they want to play in front of Peg fans.   They will sell seats based on the support they will get from the fans.   A great day for the Bombers!   Looks like they?re putting together a pretty darned good team with only a few more key pieces on D to acquire...I?m liking our team and already predicted in a previous post that we will be playing Edmonton in the West final and Hamilton in the Grey Cup....I mean let?s kick this frickin? drought in the a$$!!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: