Blue Bombers Forum
February 19, 2018, 06:22:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Nic Demski signed  (Read 2023 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2018, 08:39:24 AM »

anyone know more about Demski's foot injury that sidelined him since the Labor Day game against us thru the rest of the season? Must have been a pretty significant foot iinjury? Also, could it have been an issue of hurting the foot again as he started the year on fire. He had 14 catches for 169 yards in the first two games and then only 5 more during the next 7 games. It sounded like he might of had a injury in game 2 but it's hard to get a straight answer relative to injuries, which I understand, it is medical records...

just wondering what type of foot injury could be bad enough to sideline a guy over half the season... obviously he feels like it did heal as he had that workout after the season ended with the Giants.... I know some of it can be a privacy issue but you would think that they could tell the fans more than 'foot injury', 'lower body injury', 'an area other than his foot injury'...   (I made that last one up)

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2018, 09:06:41 AM »

just wondering what type of foot injury could be bad enough to sideline a guy over half the season... obviously he feels like it did heal as he had that workout after the season ended with the Giants.... I know some of it can be a privacy issue but you would think that they could tell the fans more than 'foot injury', 'lower body injury', 'an area other than his foot injury'...   (I made that last one up)

I have no idea... but I suspect it's more of a case of Jones' finding and fielding (what he thought were) better players, so Demski never really got a chance to get back on the field.  He became expendable.  I don't think we've seen Demski's potential yet.

Talk about a wild day!  I spend the day away from the computer/radio and come here now to find we got Demski, LaFrance and Fenner?!!?  Never in my wildest dreams...  I think this is all great.  I love the idea of going 6-8 NAT on O and loading D with cheaper, and talented, Americans.

You can't possibly look at our O and just say "ah, crappy Canadians".  Those are all stout O players, either already proven or extremely promising.  I especially like the idea of having Demski/Harris/LaFrance/Flanders who are all dual-threat runner/receiver.  Can you imagine the crazy looks we can give D's, and then toss to the one that gets forgotten.  And our running game should be savage.

I'm really liking the way this year is shaping up!!!

Now... how on earth are we affording all this??
booch

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2018, 01:34:31 PM »

Demski pretty sure was a high ankle sprain..no biggie
gbill2004

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:36 PM »

From Demski on Twitter: #RiderNation thank u for taking me in  with open arms, it was an amazing experience playing in front of you, the atmosphere was always unbelievable along with the love of your team! Even though there was a lot of ups and downs the past three years have truly been a blast. Thank u
booch

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »

he is a good BS'er Wink
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2018, 01:49:29 PM »

Nic Demski

Verified account

@Demski9
 12m12 minutes ago
More
As for Winnipeg.. I can?t wait to get this thing going!! Beyond excited to have the opportunity to play in front of my hometown fans, friends and family week in n week out! #ForTheW
gbill2004

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2018, 02:46:44 PM »

I haven't paid a lot of attention to Demski at the pro level, but what I have heard through a number of conversations, are that he is not a very good route runner, and he doesn't like to block.  Can anyone comment on that, who has watched him closer than I have in the CFL?
GCn17

« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2018, 02:51:12 PM »

Demski was not a sharp route runner his first couple years, but he made some strides last year. He was a bit of a project pick for the Riders. Huge upside because of his physical ability but only a couple of years receiving under his belt at the time he was drafted. He has progressed...he needs to keep progressing.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
booch

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2018, 03:01:37 PM »

based on how I think he will be used I doubt he will have to be a great route runeer...but then again that stuff can be taught and who better to mentor him than Dressler in what his role will probably be...if he used inside on quick hitters...slants and sitting down in the soft spots...he could be pretty effective and earn that 145k ...especially now that Dressler and Bowman in the slots is going to clear up a lot of open areas...Harris must be drooling over that too...this could be his 1000 yard receiving year because if he gets the throws he got lat year he is going to be getting ball in space with pretty much one guy to beat...he is going to be a YAC machine this year
GCn17

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2018, 03:02:56 PM »

based on how I think he will be used I doubt he will have to be a great route runeer...but then again that stuff can be taught and who better to mentor him than Dressler in what his role will probably be...if he used inside on quick hitters...slants and sitting down in the soft spots...he could be pretty effective and earn that 145k ...especially now that Dressler and Bowman in the slots is going to clear up a lot of open areas...Harris must be drooling over that too...this could be his 1000 yard receiving year because if he gets the throws he got lat year he is going to be getting ball in space with pretty much one guy to beat...he is going to be a YAC machine this year

Let's hope.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2018, 04:52:12 PM »

Hope they keep a lot of their international receivers ..Maybe Flanders becomes a starter now.    . Demski pulls in good money and might delete a good spot for an international receiver. If he plays good then good but I think him and Dressler go for the short route passes and that gives up our down field threat .I dont see Dressler as a deep threat or Demski. Looks like the team is gambling on a new idea it could work or blow up. But Lafrance cant hurt us. Hes shifty and got good speed. Have to keep Flanders and switch him with Lafrance.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:40:02 PM by buckzumhoff » Logged
Tiger

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »

Hope they keep a lot of their international receivers . Seems like we will be using 2 Canadian receivers 2 Canadian running backs.. Fine with Lafrance . Demski pulls in good money and might delete a good spot for an international receiver. If he plays good then good but I think him and Dressler go for the short route passes and that gives up our down field threat .I dont see Dressler as a deep threat or Demski. Looks like the team is gambling on a new idea it could work or blow up. But Lafrance cant hurt us. Hes shifty and got good speed. Have to keep Flanders and switch him with Lafrance.

Points taken, but LaFrance, Harris, and Flanders can all catch.   You could run a two back backfield.

Adams,  Bowman, Washington and Givens are all deep ball receivers.

I would not be too worried.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2018, 08:01:15 PM »

Points taken, but LaFrance, Harris, and Flanders can all catch.   You could run a two back backfield.

Adams,  Bowman, Washington and Givens are all deep ball receivers.

I would not be too worried.

Well if you listed off like that looks pretty sexy to me!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2018, 12:54:15 AM »

Well if you listed off like that looks pretty sexy to me!

we land a starting national MLB before the start of the year and I think we will be a very dangerous team... must say I'm pretty impressed with how aggressive management was, both in signing and holding pat on other positions...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2018, 01:03:15 AM »

Demski pretty sure was a high ankle sprain..no biggie
Broken foot.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: