Blue Bombers Forum
February 24, 2018, 01:20:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Randy's Road Trip 2018  (Read 243 times)
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« on: February 13, 2018, 01:16:13 PM »

Did anyone else attend the commissioner's town hall at IGF yesterday evening?

He touched on a number of key topics regarding officiating, challenges, growing the game, and improving the networking aspect of the league. He also mentioned expansion into the Maritimes but made sure to point a lot has to be done to make it realistic.

He seems like a down-to-earth, friendly, fan-first guy who genuinely cares about the league and its importance to the nation's sports landscape. It seems like the CFL is in pretty good hands with him at the helm.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 01:23:15 PM »

I was there last night. I enjoyed his story about how he was ?funemployed? and was so excited to spend more time with his wife. Then one day he asked his wife what she was doing today. She replied, ?I know what I?m doing. What are you doing??  That?s when he knew it was time to get a job  Cheesy

He didn?t seem concerned at all with competing with the NHL if the season starts 3 weeks earlier. He joked he will feel bad for hurting the NHLs ratings when that happens.  He asked those in attendance who favours an earlier start to the season and I?d say 98% voted yes.
blue_gold_84

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 01:27:45 PM »

It was a massive show of hands for those in favour of starting the season earlier and having the GC around the 5, 6, 7 of November. Myself included.

I also really like the idea of having a CFL Loyalty Club and getting rewards and package deals to go on road trips.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »

What was the attendance ? Roughly
blue_gold_84

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »

What was the attendance ? Roughly

Around 200 if I had to guess.