Blue Bombers Forum
June 19, 2018, 11:13:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Free Agency - Other CFL Teams  (Read 16605 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2018, 03:30:46 PM »

Yep....and that there is no way that Walters is interested in Bowman..and that's just in the past month.

Bowman was signed at a big discount, there was no way we were signing Bowman at $200k plus that everyone was talking about...  if the discussion was getting Bowman at Dressler money, its a different story.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn17

« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2018, 04:23:09 PM »

Bowman was signed at a big discount, there was no way we were signing Bowman at $200k plus that everyone was talking about...  if the discussion was getting Bowman at Dressler money, its a different story.

There you go moving the goal posts again. The conversation was about signing him period and you came out swinging before anyone even gave mention of what a fair price might be. The numbers then moved to about 160-170 k (around what Dressler makes) and you were still calling him over the hill, a locker room problem that didn't play well last year while ironically pumping the tires of us signing an older SJ Green, and a seriously under achieving Ernest Jackson.

Words like Adropious Bowman and over the hill were literally the first words out of your mouth even when people were throwing out Dressler like salary numbers. It's nice that the threads can stay up for past reflection so goal posts don't get moved all the time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:31:13 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
GCn17

« Reply #422 on: February 22, 2018, 04:32:29 PM »

So they liked him enough to resign him to replace Carter if Carter can't cross the border ?

Jones won't play TJ even if DC doesn't come back.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #423 on: February 22, 2018, 05:34:09 PM »

Not a player move but the Ti-Cats re-hired Steinauer as the AHC.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #424 on: February 22, 2018, 05:43:31 PM »

Wow that shocking, considering the success he was having in the US.  He was my number one target to replace Hall as our DC. 
Jesse

« Reply #425 on: February 22, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »

WHAT!?!?!?!?
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #426 on: February 22, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »

Big news for the Ti-Cats...this makes them a better team.  I suspect ol June isn't planning on coaching forever this is the succession plan for him.  I don't think it's that common to have an Assistant Head coach and not have any coordinator duties as well.

June Jones, Head Coach of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, announced Thursday that Orlondo Steinauer has been named Assistant Head Coach of the football club, returning to the team after a one-year stint as the Fresno State Bulldogs? Defensive Coordinator in 2017.

?Orlondo is an accomplished CFL coach with a great track record at this level. He?s a coach whose great work ethic, intelligence, knowledge of the Canadian game and ability to get the most out of his players will be a huge asset to our staff,? said Jones. ?We?re very happy to bring him home to Hamilton after an exceptional year at Fresno State. I know these decisions are always big for coaches and families, and I?m thrilled as the head coach that someone of Orlondo?s character and talent is joining the staff as my assistant head coach. This is a great thing for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats organization. After speaking with him at length and from talking to people in the organization, including some of the players, I know this addition will help us in our quest to bring a Grey Cup Championship back to Hamilton.?

Last season, Steinauer was part of Fresno State?s remarkable turnaround, posting a 10-4 record and winning the Hawaii Bowl over the University of Houston. The team was just one-year removed from a 1-11 record and became the second team in NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) history to go from double-digit losses one season to double-digit wins the next.

?This was a big decision for our family, and I?m unbelievably excited to join the Tiger-Cats and June Jones? staff as his Assistant Head Coach,? said Steinauer. ?Our family has spent the vast majority of our lives in Southern Ontario together and the opportunity right now in Hamilton was perfectly aligned with my personal and professional priorities, which obviously include bringing a Grey Cup back to the great fans of the Tiger-Cats.?

Steinauer added, ?This was certainly not an easy decision to leave the situation at Fresno State, which has been incredible. I want to thank all of the great people, players and coaches at Fresno State, who all contributed to a memorable season, to say the least.?

Steinauer had previously served four years on Kent Austin?s coaching staff in Hamilton (2013-16), originally joining the organization as Defensive Coordinator on January 3, 2013, before being promoted to Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator on May 27, 2016. The Seattle, Washington native?s defensive units helped lead the Ticats to two Grey Cup appearances (2013, 2014), consistently ranked at or near the top of the league in numerous defensive categories, and produced multiple CFL All-Stars, including Ted Laurent (2014, 2015), Delvin Breaux (2014), Simoni Lawrence (2015), Emanuel Davis (2015), Craig Butler (2015) and John Chick (2016).

Steinauer?s 11-year coaching career also includes stops with the Toronto Argonauts (2010-12) and Western Washington University (1996-98) when he was still an active player. As a player, he captured two Grey Cup rings in 13 CFL seasons as a dominant defensive back with the Ottawa Rough Riders (1996), Tiger-Cats (1997-2000) and Argonauts (2001-08). He was named an all-star at three different positions (cornerback, halfback and safety), earning six divisional all-star nods and five CFL all-Star honours in total. His 1,178 interception return yards are the second most in CFL history.

To view Steinauer?s full coaching bio, please click HERE.
gbill2004

« Reply #427 on: February 22, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »

Lions sign receiver Ricky Collins.  This guy is getting close to completing the Kevin Glenn tour of duty in lighting quick time!   Cheesy
booch

« Reply #428 on: February 22, 2018, 06:51:47 PM »

And Duncan,,,two bomber cast-offs....and they say Winnipeg is lousy at recruiting receivers hahaha
GCn17

« Reply #429 on: February 22, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »

Seems pretty obvious to me that Steinhauer loved coaching the Ticats....just didn't like Austin.

theaardvark

« Reply #430 on: February 22, 2018, 07:11:36 PM »

There you go moving the goal posts again. The conversation was about signing him period and you came out swinging before anyone even gave mention of what a fair price might be. The numbers then moved to about 160-170 k (around what Dressler makes) and you were still calling him over the hill, a locker room problem that didn't play well last year while ironically pumping the tires of us signing an older SJ Green, and a seriously under achieving Ernest Jackson.

Words like Adropious Bowman and over the hill were literally the first words out of your mouth even when people were throwing out Dressler like salary numbers. It's nice that the threads can stay up for past reflection so goal posts don't get moved all the time.

I said I didn't want to pay a premium for a guy who is going to drop balls.  I was even worried that he might take $150k but come because he would have 2 QB's that could actually throw to him...  at $140k, he is a steal though.  I'll put up with a couple drops at that price. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn17

« Reply #431 on: February 22, 2018, 07:13:38 PM »

I said I didn't want to pay a premium for a guy who is going to drop balls.  I was even worried that he might take $150k but come because he would have 2 QB's that could actually throw to him...  at $140k, he is a steal though.  I'll put up with a couple drops at that price. 

Good...so I can assume you will no longer reserve the right for todaso's when he drops a pass and now agree there are circumstances in which signing Bowman is a great idea? LOL....worried he'll sign for 150 but he's a steal at 140k. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:15:22 PM by GCn17 » Logged

ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #432 on: February 24, 2018, 03:27:35 PM »

TIGER-CATS TRANSACTIONS
Ticats Staff
by
Ticats Staff
|
February 24, 2018

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Saturday that the following four players have been released:

INT - P/K - Kenny Allen
INT - P/K - Sergio Castillo
NAT - DL - Ben D?Aguilar
INT - RB - Rajion Neal

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #433 on: February 24, 2018, 03:42:07 PM »

Any interest on Ben D'Aguilar ?

Could he be more suitable at LB than DE? He played some snaps on LB on this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14jMYppKNk
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:44:16 PM by M.O.A.B. » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #434 on: February 24, 2018, 04:48:17 PM »

Any interest on Ben D'Aguilar ?

Could he be more suitable at LB than DE? He played some snaps on LB on this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14jMYppKNk
He is more of a depth STer. Definately not a starter or even a 2nd string
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30
  Print  

Jump to: