Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 08:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Free Agency - Other CFL Teams  (Read 20449 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »

I love Thomas Miles, but he's only slightly better than Hurl as a starting MLB.  As an in-game emergency option, and special teams daemon, he's great.  But as your regular starting MLB...no. 

Ards is moving on from a must sign of Jake Thomas to the idea that Miles could be a good starting MLB

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2018, 09:33:19 PM »

I love Thomas Miles, but he's only slightly better than Hurl as a starting MLB.  As an in-game emergency option, and special teams daemon, he's great.  But as your regular starting MLB...no. 

Not talking starter, people were commenting that we have nothing behind JSK, no one with experience...

I don't like the idea of going into TC with Wild and JSK as our only experience (and Wilson). Sure, we could toss JSK to MLB. But we could wind up doing to him what we did to Bass: filling a hole with a square piece because we need Wild to start

No experienced depth but they had a look at Jevaris Jones and Kyrie Wilson last year and liked them enough to bring them back.

Reed is nothing special. I?m excited to see JSK in the role. I am concerned about the depth behind JSK and Wild though.

Miles has experience, and has the right passport to be a backup, not using up a DI spot, and is a special teams demon... I have no issues with depth at LB...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2018, 09:34:53 PM »

Why?  What possible reason would there be for a sign and trade of a FA?

Paperwork error?  Contract offers out to both and they signed them simultaneously?

Can Reed play WIL?

Well, currently they have Ball, Bass, Herdman, Jordan, Onyeka, Plummer, Woods, and Reed on the roster.  Asking Woods or Reed to play out of position at the expense of either Ball or Bass seems like a waste.  Package up Herdman + (Woods or Reed) to a team that needs some Canadian developmental talent + MLB for an import receiver might be an option.  Could see the Riders having to move a receiver (they've moved a high cost OL and MLB, receiver would be the next position) if they are not sold on their options at LB, Holley would seem like a lower cost trade if they still have the room, Roosevelt if they are truly in cap hell.  

Alternatively, they're fighting for the position in TC.  Don't see why either one of them would knowingly sign on for that, when they'd be pretty much guaranteed (short of injury) a starting gig on three other rosters.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:42:46 PM by BlueInCgy » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »

Ards is moving on from a must sign of Jake Thomas to the idea that Miles could be a good starting MLB
Miles started for the Argos a couple years ago and he was okay.  But not your starting MLB for a team with Grey Cup aspirations.  
theaardvark

« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2018, 09:37:09 PM »

If they had anything squirreled away for an MLB, now that Reed and Woods are gone, and one of Ottawa or Mtl will surely pay Muamba's new ask, can we afford to spend to keep Thomas here?

Never said he was a starter, was saying we have depth at MLB with CFL starting experience.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2018, 09:40:59 PM »

Never said he was a starter, was saying we have depth at MLB with CFL starting experience.
I agree 100%.  Thomas Miles is great national depth at MLB. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2018, 09:46:23 PM »

I agree 100%.  Thomas Miles is great national depth at MLB. 

Seriously? I doubt he's ahead of Briggs. Briggs saw the field more often in some defensive sets.

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2018, 09:47:15 PM »

Seriously? I doubt he's ahead of Briggs. Briggs saw the field more often in some defensive sets.
Briggs is a WIL in my opinion, not an MLB.  Miles is an MLB. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2018, 10:08:12 PM »

Briggs is a WIL in my opinion, not an MLB.  Miles is an MLB. 

The point is that he has still seen more defensive reps than Miles. Usually in a 34 combination but with Wild and JSK considered as both WIL and MLB's, then Briggs could go in at WIL if there was an injury.

Can't honestly remember anytime in 2017 where Miles saw defensive reps?

I'd still be more comfortable with that than Miles seeing defensive reps.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2018, 10:10:05 PM »

Why?  What possible reason would there be for a sign and trade of a FA?

Paperwork error?  Contract offers out to both and they signed them simultaneously?

Can Reed play WIL?

maybe they want to play a lot of 3-4 alignment this year. 

grab grass 'n growl
gbill2004

« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »

The point is that he has still seen more defensive reps than Miles. Usually in a 34 combination but with Wild and JSK considered as both WIL and MLB's, then Briggs could go in at WIL if there was an injury.

Can't honestly remember anytime in 2017 where Miles saw defensive reps?

I'd still be more comfortable with that than Miles seeing defensive reps.
I don?t recall Miles getting many reps on D either. Probably because Hurl was healthy all year.
Nic16

« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2018, 10:29:31 PM »

Well that ?mexican standoff? ended suddenly!  Wink

Ball-Woods-Bass with Reed (DI) and their backup NATs give the Argos a solid group of LBs.

Argo?s building to defend their title.

The Muamba sweepstakes should begin to heat up now.
Blue In BC

« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2018, 10:44:30 PM »

I don?t recall Miles getting many reps on D either. Probably because Hurl was healthy all year.

Hurl often came out on 2nd down passing situations. K.Knox. Santos Knox, Wild and Briggs saw time in 34 fronts. In those situations we also saw Corney come in with a 3 DE DL to sustain the ratio.

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2018, 10:48:32 PM »

Hurl often came out on 2nd down passing situations. K.Knox. Santos Knox, Wild and Briggs saw time in 34 fronts. In those situations we also saw Corney come in with a 3 DE DL to sustain the ratio.
Yes I know Hurl often came out on 2nd down. I just can?t see Briggs being able to handle starting at MLB for an extended period of time...he?s just too small. Briggs being in on second down for passing downs makes sense to me. Miles I can see at MLB, and he?s done it. Walters even mentioned Miles as an option at MLB during one of his recent interviews.
Blue In BC

« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2018, 10:53:45 PM »

Yes I know Hurl often came out on 2nd down. I just can?t see Briggs being able to handle starting at MLB for an extended period of time...he?s just too small. Briggs being in on second down for passing downs makes sense to me. Miles I can see at MLB, and he?s done it. Walters even mentioned Miles as an option at MLB during one of his recent interviews.

My confidence on what Walters or O'Shea say about our MLB's is just about zero. Maybe in year 5 they figure it out.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: