Blue Bombers Forum
August 17, 2018, 10:10:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Free Agency - Other CFL Teams  (Read 18384 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2018, 08:35:08 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, your starting MLB for the WBB, JSK.

Have to assume they (the Argos) are trading one of them.

Why?  What possible reason would there be for a sign and trade of a FA?

Paperwork error?  Contract offers out to both and they signed them simultaneously?

Can Reed play WIL?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2018, 08:37:59 PM »

Pull a BC and play them both a la Bighill-Solly?

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
thunderNlightning

« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2018, 08:38:24 PM »

Reed is nothing special. I?m excited to see JSK in the role. I am concerned about the depth behind JSK and Wild though.

We have no depth behind them, and you can almost bank on Wild being injured at some point this season. When last has he played a full 18  games?
Blue In BC

« Reply #363 on: February 20, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »

Hmmm. Now it looks like Ottawa, Montreal and Winnipeg will be the ones left looking at Muamba.

Since Ottawa hasn't re-signed Jones and now lost Reed, I'm thinking Muamba lands in Ottawa. Possibly Winnipeg but I'd rank Ottawa, Winnipeg and Montreal in that order.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2018, 09:08:20 PM »

We have no depth behind them, and you can almost bank on Wild being injured at some point this season. When last has he played a full 18  games?

No experienced depth but they had a look at Jevaris Jones and Kyrie Wilson last year and liked them enough to bring them back.
Blue In BC

« Reply #365 on: February 20, 2018, 09:14:21 PM »

No experienced depth but they had a look at Jevaris Jones and Kyrie Wilson last year and liked them enough to bring them back.

That could be meaningful or not. IIRC we had Wilson on the PR at the end of 2016 and brought him back on the PR in 2017. So he'll really need to step up since it would seem impractical to have a guy on the PR for part of 3 seasons.

I think I've read they are high on Jones so he could possibly be a DI if we have a LB as a DI or he could be the PR guy in 2017.

No more excuses.
Jesse

« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2018, 09:18:25 PM »

This is what Walters said in his initial availability. This is becoming more and more likely with the othe MLB candidates signing in Toronto today. So unless we land Muamba, we?re starting JSK and Wild, with Jones and Wilson competing to be Wild?s back up for when he?s inevitably injured.
kkc60

« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2018, 09:20:02 PM »

I don't like the idea of going into TC with Wild and JSK as our only experience (and Wilson). Sure, we could toss JSK to MLB. But we could wind up doing to him what we did to Bass: filling a hole with a square piece because we need Wild to start
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

This is what Walters said in his initial availability. This is becoming more and more likely with the othe MLB candidates signing in Toronto today. So unless we land Muamba, we?re starting JSK and Wild, with Jones and Wilson competing to be Wild?s back up for when he?s inevitably injured.

I really hope they can find a way to add Muamba. The current LB corps is pretty lousy, IMO.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Blue In BC

« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:18 PM »

Walters and O'Shea also liked Hurl. What else would we expect them to say. They may make the roster, PR or be among the 1st players cut. Very likely we add some rookie LB's. Whether anyone sticks is a who knows question.

No more excuses.
Jesse

« Reply #370 on: February 20, 2018, 09:25:46 PM »

Walters and O'Shea also liked Hurl. What else would we expect them to say. They may make the roster, PR or be among the 1st players cut. Very likely we add some rookie LB's. Whether anyone sticks is a who knows question.

Hurl was obviously a ratio move. I?d argue it?s a bit different when you?re talking about an import position.
gbill2004

« Reply #371 on: February 20, 2018, 09:27:43 PM »

I really hope they can find a way to add Muamba. The current LB corps is pretty lousy, IMO.
Muamba would be ideal because then Wild could move to backup/DI, with JSK at WIL and Muamba at MLB.  I think getting Muamba is becoming increasingly unlikely now.  I expect he will sign in Ottawa or Montreal. 
theaardvark

« Reply #372 on: February 20, 2018, 09:28:45 PM »

How is Thomas Miles getting no love here?  He has the right passport, has starting experience, and is a local boy and is on our roster!  Yeesh...

CFL CAREER ? 2014 to 2017:

Joined the Bombers in 2017 as a free agent after spending his first 3 CFL years with Toronto. Has 40 CFL games of experience to his credit along with another in the 2015 playoffs. The 2015 season was his best as he accumulated 50 defensive tackles while making 7 late season starts. Comes into 2017 with 79 career tackles.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #373 on: February 20, 2018, 09:30:42 PM »

How is Thomas Miles getting no love here?  He has the right passport, has starting experience, and is a local boy and is on our roster!  Yeesh...

CFL CAREER ? 2014 to 2017:

Joined the Bombers in 2017 as a free agent after spending his first 3 CFL years with Toronto. Has 40 CFL games of experience to his credit along with another in the 2015 playoffs. The 2015 season was his best as he accumulated 50 defensive tackles while making 7 late season starts. Comes into 2017 with 79 career tackles.
I love Thomas Miles, but he's only slightly better than Hurl as a starting MLB.  As an in-game emergency option, and special teams daemon, he's great.  But as your regular starting MLB...no. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #374 on: February 20, 2018, 09:31:06 PM »

Hurl was obviously a ratio move. I?d argue it?s a bit different when you?re talking about an import position.

We had some other ratio choices in 2017 than Hurl at MLB. I didn't like any of them but MLB is a more critical role than some of the other possibilities.

Keep in mind O'Shea was always pumping the tires of Hurl when he was originally signed in 2015.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: