Blue Bombers Forum
February 20, 2018, 10:07:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Team Negotiation Lists  (Read 495 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:32:57 PM »

Bombers are down to 9 names as they just signed receiver Corey Washington.

Had to look Newberry College up, never heard of it... small Div II school...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Bomber Diehard

« Reply #16 on: Today at 07:36:30 PM »

BC Lions have 8 QB?s on their list, they do develop several good ones.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:36:49 PM »

looked him up, been with several teams since 2013, eight I believe, mostly camps... credited with 5 catches, 52 yards, and 1 touchdown though...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gbill2004

« Reply #18 on: Today at 07:37:34 PM »

BC Lions have 8 QB?s on their list, they do develop several good ones.
Bombers could have 8 QBs as well.  This is only 10 of a possible 35 players on each teams list. 
GCn17

« Reply #19 on: Today at 07:38:00 PM »

and more than a little surprised by the Bomber's list... what happened to my boy Lock?  lol...  and only 2 players from a Power 5 conference too...  there must be some method to the madness in building that list...

Yea....the method to the madness was to throw out names people already knew about and supplement them with a few fringe guys that we are either close to signing or are going to release soon. The meat of our PR was not on this list.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #20 on: Today at 07:55:03 PM »

Thank you.  Interesting read.
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: Today at 09:17:20 PM »

I suppose it could open some possibly of trades as the other " considerations " which happen from time to time.

I have very little idea of who any of these names are or what the chance a given player will end up in the CFL.

Rhetorically speaking if we know: who are the last 2 players that made the roster that were previously on our neg list? Not every player we sign started on our neg list would be the assumption.

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #22 on: Today at 09:23:00 PM »

Of today's signings, Washington looks really nice. Good size (6'4). As for Homer, he doesn't have much college experience, mostly on STs according to the WBB. That being said, he has good size too (6'2). As for our neg listers, not too many surprises. I really like Flowers, and Simon is intriguing too
gbill2004

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:24:35 PM »

I suppose it could open some possibly of trades as the other " considerations " which happen from time to time.

I have very little idea of who any of these names are or what the chance a given player will end up in the CFL.

Rhetorically speaking if we know: who are the last 2 players that made the roster that were previously on our neg list? Not every player we sign started on our neg list would be the assumption.
It is my understanding that all CFL teams can see each others neg lists, so the release today does nothing in terms of facilitating trades. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #24 on: Today at 09:28:05 PM »

Of today's signings, Washington looks really nice. Good size (6'4). As for Homer, he doesn't have much college experience, mostly on STs according to the WBB. That being said, he has good size too (6'2). As for our neg listers, not too many surprises. I really like Flowers, and Simon is intriguing too

Some one suggested we signed him today. He's a big target and had some TC experience in the NFL. Could be a raw talent.

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:28:41 PM »

Some one suggested we signed him today. He's a big target and had some TC experience in the NFL. Could be a raw talent.
We did sign both Washington and Homer today.  Bombers announced it a couple hours ago. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #26 on: Today at 09:34:33 PM »

Homer didn't show on the list of 10? What position does he play?

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #27 on: Today at 09:36:32 PM »

Homer didn't show on the list of 10? What position does he play?
Homer is a DB, I believe.  He was not n the neg list though that was released today. 

Washington was on todays neg list. 
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: Today at 09:40:14 PM »

Well done Mr. Walters... Most teams revealed 10 of their neg list players (Hamilton revealed 11, Manzeil).  We revealed 9 by immediately signing one of them...  because we can add another now...

Sneaky

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #29 on: Today at 09:42:23 PM »

Well done Mr. Walters... Most teams revealed 10 of their neg list players (Hamilton revealed 11, Manzeil).  We revealed 9 by immediately signing one of them...  because we can add another now...

Sneaky
And everyone already knew about Flowers. 

But I don't see how that's in the spirit of releasing names.  Walters just kind of cheated the fans, but only giving us 9 names instead of 10. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: