Blue Bombers Forum
August 15, 2018, 02:24:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Free Agency - Winnipeg Blue Bombers  (Read 9398 times)
kkc60

« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2018, 03:39:11 AM »

UNless Westerman is moving to MLB, Howard won't be "his" coach in MTL...
Okay I just assumed Howard was a DL coach in MTL as he was here. Regardless, it could still factor in
Tiger

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2018, 03:39:30 AM »

I think Fenner is a nice upgrade at DB over Heath.  I like Heath and his interceptions.  But think Fenner will give up a lot less big plays.  

MLB and Westerman/replacement would be nice.  What about a Bond replacement.?

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
fuzzy

« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2018, 05:46:13 AM »

I think Fenner is a nice upgrade at DB over Heath.  I like Heath and his interceptions.  But think Fenner will give up a lot less big plays.  

I'm not sure Fenner is an upgrade over Heath.  TJ was an allstar and probably the top DB available. The advantage with Fenner is that hes a few years younger, if he actually sticks around for a few years.  Also Heath may have peaked like teams may overpay for him.  Fenner can also help on special teams.

Please ignore all notices until further notice.
theaardvark

« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2018, 05:49:24 AM »

We have Bryant, Hardrick and Foketi as Int Oline.  We ar running 3 Nat Oline (Goossen, Chungh, Neufeld).  So, no need for a Bond replacement.  

Although I'd really like to see a Bond replacement elsewhere, never liked Daniel Craig in the role...

Back to football, have to wonder why Woods and Reed haven't signed anywhere yet...  is there no demand, or are their prices too high?  With our ratio issues seemingly addressed by the 2 Nat starting Rec, and moving away from Westerman, can we really pass up on one of these guys?  Are we that sure we have an on roster replacement?  

I'm not sure Fenner is an upgrade over Heath.  TJ was an allstar and probably the top DB available. The advantage with Fenner is that hes a few years younger, if he actually sticks around for a few years.  Also Heath may have peaked like teams may overpay for him.  Fenner can also help on special teams.

Fenner / Heath is a toss up, what you lose in the Int's from Heath, you gain in less big plays and ST's...  I like the Fenner move, it will be interesting to see what kind of person he is off the field.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
swansong

« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2018, 05:56:03 AM »

Although I'd really like to see a Bond replacement elsewhere, never liked Daniel Craig in the role...

I think he brings a sort of dark angst to the roll. The type you might expect from a real Bond character. I often found the others brought a type of disconnected campiness to the roll.

That being said I am really happy to see the moves the Big Blue have been making so far. It's been a while since I've been this excited, this early for a new season . . . even with the retention of Hall.,
66 Chevelle

« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2018, 06:19:37 AM »

I m hoping the recent FA signings make Westerman think twice about signing somewhere else. It's been a while since I could say this, but I think the Bombers have made the most significant gains roster wise than any other team in the CFL, and we had a pretty decent roster to start with (12-6 record). Upgraded backup Qb, shutdown DB, impact WR, NAT Slotback and RB depth signed...yes, we need a MLB, but I am sure that signing is forthcoming and expectations have to be running high with a roster like ours.

If Westerman wants a shot at a GC, he ain't gonna get it in Montreal, he's got to comeback here!! $200k is a very fair offer.

I was thinking something along the same lines... maybe he was laying back to see how serious Bomber management was going to go about addressing needs in order to have a legit chance at a Grey Cup in 2018.  However, it could backfire if he did and they have ran out of enough money to be able to still fund their last offer to him,..

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gbill2004

« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2018, 09:10:39 AM »

In terms of imports on the OL, Foketi replaces Bond. But we are going with 3 Canadians on the OL in 2018.
GCn18

« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »

We have Bryant, Hardrick and Foketi as Int Oline.  We ar running 3 Nat Oline (Goossen, Chungh, Neufeld).  So, no need for a Bond replacement.  

Back to football, have to wonder why Woods and Reed haven't signed anywhere yet...  is there no demand, or are their prices too high?  With our ratio issues seemingly addressed by the 2 Nat starting Rec, and moving away from Westerman, can we really pass up on one of these guys?  Are we that sure we have an on roster replacement?  

Fenner / Heath is a toss up, what you lose in the Int's from Heath, you gain in less big plays and ST's...  I like the Fenner move, it will be interesting to see what kind of person he is off the field.

What you gain in Fenner is physicality and the ability to tackle. He's not a ball hawk, nor is he better in coverage than Heath but he makes opposing receivers hear footsteps and he rarely gives up YAC when his receiver catches the ball.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2018, 01:26:41 PM »

Fenner is an upgrade no doubt about it. Heath was one dimensional and made some picks, but got beat a lot and was nowhere near physical enough for my liking or able to make a big impact play other than the occasional pick...Fenner may cause several forced fumbles...just as good as a pick if not better as it gets in the minds of the receivers to keep head on a swivel and get gator arms...Heath didn't have that influence whatsoever

Also Fenner a demon on teams and a club house leader...Heath was none of them and to me seemed more like a "me" first guy
GCn18

« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2018, 01:29:14 PM »

Fenner is an upgrade no doubt about it. Heath was one dimensional and made some picks, but got beat a lot and was nowhere near physical enough for my liking or able to make a big impact play other than the occasional pick...Fenner may cause several forced fumbles...just as good as a pick if not better as it gets in the minds of the receivers to keep head on a swivel and get gator arms...Heath didn't have that influence whatsoever

Also Fenner a demon on teams and a club house leader...Heath was none of them and to me seemed more like a "me" first guy

I agree. Heath is a very good ball hawk and will get his pay day because of that, but I like the more balanced attributes of Fenner.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2018, 01:30:13 PM »

I agree. Heath is a very good ball hawk and will get his pay day because of that, but I like the more balanced attributes of Fenner.

Plus he's great depth just in case Leggett isn't as healthy or ready to go as his basketball twitter reel seems to indicate.
GCn18

« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2018, 01:30:55 PM »

Plus he's great depth just in case Leggett isn't as healthy or ready to go as his basketball twitter reel seems to indicate.

For sure.

gbill2004

« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2018, 02:12:23 PM »

Darren Cameron says nothing going on at the moment but that can change quickly...
thunderNlightning

« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »

Darren Cameron says nothing going on at the moment but that can change quickly...

Does that make it sound like Walters is done with making a big splash, and now will wait and see who becomes avail as second or third tier players?
GCn18

« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2018, 03:01:49 PM »

Does that make it sound like Walters is done with making a big splash, and now will wait and see who becomes avail as second or third tier players?

I think it probably means Walters is done chasing. He likely has offers in on other players and is just waiting to hear from their agents.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: