Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 08:38:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Demski likely to sign per Bauming  (Read 4515 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2018, 06:10:29 PM »

I just don't equate contact injuries as being health issues. More of a luck thing. He has broken his collarbone being slammed to the turf in 2016, and had an upper body injury after a suicide pass last year. This is not a re-occurring injury, just separate times he was hit very hard. Maybe he needs to learn how to avoid contact more I guess, but I wouldn't call it a health issue.

Hopefully, the addition of Bowman and a healthy Dressler can mitigate this by taking some of the attention off Adams.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2018, 06:18:25 PM »

Hopefully, the addition of Bowman and a healthy Dressler can mitigate this by taking some of the attention off Adams.

or, hopefully he doesn't get thrown anymore suicide balls that sidelines him for the remainder of the year...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
booch

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2018, 06:18:41 PM »

yeah his injuries could have happened to anyone and were more a matter of bad luck then anything.

Now if he was pulling hammies all the time...or had a shoulder that was always being dislocated...or ankle sprains...then that would be more of an issue on going
66 Chevelle

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2018, 06:23:43 PM »

yeah his injuries could have happened to anyone and were more a matter of bad luck then anything.

Now if he was pulling hammies all the time...or had a shoulder that was always being dislocated...or ankle sprains...then that would be more of an issue on going

com'on booch... you send your #1 across the middle and throw high and behind him and that's a matter of bad luck? com'on...

booch

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2018, 06:25:23 PM »

no no no...bad luck in being injured....not him being injury prone.
That was a total suicide pass and when I played...the QB would have heard about it from within...Smiley
gbill2004

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2018, 06:31:26 PM »

I don't agree. Adams is pretty skinny for his size at 6'2", and 191 pounds.  He even acknowledged after the 2016 season that he needed to put on some weight in the offseason to help prevent injuries.  He could use a little extra natural padding in my opinion. 
booch

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2018, 06:32:33 PM »

skinny ness though doesn't make you more susceptible to broken bones though...especially a collar bone
GCn18

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2018, 06:34:45 PM »

There is no doubt that putting on 20 lbs wouldn't hurt Adams at all, but on that pass that Nichols threw him even a brick outhouse like Arceneaux would likely have been injured. It was a brutally thrown ball that left him completely prone. Really he should have just protected himself and knocked it down.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
gbill2004

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 06:36:06 PM »

skinny ness though doesn't make you more susceptible to broken bones though...especially a collar bone
A little extra natural padding would help.  Not every player who took that hit would automatically get a broken collarbone.  I've seen players take hits like those before and get right back up.  
66 Chevelle

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 06:38:51 PM »

no no no...bad luck in being injured....not him being injury prone.
That was a total suicide pass and when I played...the QB would have heard about it from within...Smiley

whew! got it! I thought for a minute there I had entered into Bizarr-O World or something.... but I'm good now, everything is as it should be...  Wink

booch

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »

that hit wasn't the broken collar bone...it was a disclocation...the collar bone was being bull dawged into the turf.

I played at anywhere from 255 to 278...and broke several bones (arm...hand...nose)...blew my knew out twice...separated a shoulder...lost a molar....and my extra weight didn't help one bit.

Injuries nine times out of ten are luck of the draw
GCn18

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 06:42:26 PM »

Padding very rarely protects a collarbone. I've seen guys that are twigs take hellacious hits and bounce back up and I've seen guys built like Hulk Hogan break them on innocent looking plays in my time coaching. The ground has the same amount of give to a big guy as it does to a small guy.

gbill2004

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 06:44:03 PM »

that hit wasn't the broken collar bone...it was a disclocation...the collar bone was being bull dawged into the turf.

I played at anywhere from 255 to 278...and broke several bones (arm...hand...nose)...blew my knew out twice...separated a shoulder...lost a molar....and my extra weight didn't help one bit.

Your body is different than everyone else's body. Talking about your injury experiences doesn't mean the same applies to all athletes.  For all we know, maybe you have weak bones.  But there are things athletes can do to help lessen the likelihood of getting an injury and that's why Adams said he wanted to add some weight after the 2016 season, likely because the trainers told him to do so.  
booch

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »

exactly...even in a big fat fatty you still see a collar bone sticking out hahaha
GCn18

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »

Yea...I remember that one. He got slammed off the turf at a real bad angle. With 20 or 30 more pounds he still breaks that collar bone because no matter how much weight you put on your bones remain the same size and have the same amount of give.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: