Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 08:39:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Demski likely to sign per Bauming  (Read 4516 times)
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2018, 05:30:28 AM »

Our offence will be good to great this year.  LaPolice has done a great job as OC.  I worry that we have focused too much money on offence with all the big signings though. Our D was why we lost many games last season.  Sure we can score a ton of points and keep the other teams offences off the field, but it is defences that win championships.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 05:33:35 AM »

Keep the faith.  Gotta feeling we will be focusing on defence in free agency this year.  Only a guess....nothing I really know.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
kkc60

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 12:55:53 PM »

Semiskilled started off last year very strong.  Then he. Got injured. Then he was never back in the rotation.. Winnioeg. Has a need for a starting SB.  He has to,produce though.  Coates outside or JFG are fine as the WR. I am not sold in Adams. I don't think he makes any outstanding catches.  But that's just me. He. Did have a couple, I know. Just not enough.

We are still missing an outstanding WR.
But yes now we need some DBS who are for real, not dreams.
Plus a Middle Linebacker.
If we get those we have a chance to challenge.  Should we continue employing DBS as LBs, we won't win.

A,couple,days for some,vets, and of course infinite years for our poor scouts to get some rookie Amercs.
Adams is a top receiver in the league. Health is his issue.
GCn18

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 01:14:53 PM »

thanks guys! as an American from the midwest I've not heard it used in such manner...  some of the other differences I've encountered were easier for me to relate based on context of use, this one was a little less obvious to me. But now, thanks to you guys, I'm better prepared to understand comments moving forward... but it is funny to me at least, that I find myself using terms that I've learned here that are not part of my regular day to day vocabulary, lol... 'bang on' is my favorite that sometimes garners me funny looks from those around me, lol...

also, when I googled it for alternative meanings, this is what I got:

the process or activity of writing or naming the letters of a word.
        the way a word is spelled.
        plural noun: spellings
        "the spelling of his name was influenced by French"
        a person's ability to spell words.
        "her spelling was deplorable"

That is it's alternate meaning when used as a noun. Us Canucks love words with dual meanings. lol

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
gbill2004

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 01:23:51 PM »

I read an interview with Demski he says he's also played RB and QB in his career.  I wonder if he'd be open to playing some RB if Harris were to go down during a game?  His experience at QB could also be useful too in some of Lapo's trick plays. 
GCn18

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 01:31:55 PM »

Demski wasn't good enough at RB to win the job with the Bisons.

GCn18

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 01:35:01 PM »

Adams is a top receiver in the league. Health is his issue.

Health is not his issue. He got served up a suicide pass by Dan Lefevour that ended his season. There is no player alive that doesn't get injured in that scenario.

BlueInCgy

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 01:55:11 PM »

I don't see a significant increase between JFG and Demski, so if they're the same price, I guess it's a swap.
gbill2004

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »

I don't see a significant increase between JFG and Demski, so if they're the same price, I guess it's a swap.
Agreed, except I'd say Demksi has more upside and is younger.  Downside is that Demski has had some durability issues recently.  He did look like a stud the first 2 games of 2017 tough. 
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 02:20:19 PM »

A lot of people thought Demski was going to have a breakout year last year and it's probably good for us that he didn't. I would say he's a pretty decent upgrade. At 24, we probably haven't seen the best of him yet and he's quick. He is could also return kicks in a pinch and is an all-around better athlete.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 03:16:50 PM »

Health is not his issue. He got served up a suicide pass by Dan Lefevour that ended his season. There is no player alive that doesn't get injured in that scenario.

Hey now, that's not on LeFevour that was a Nichols pass.

First play of the highlights.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2438/bc-lions-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:11:54 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 05:13:01 PM »

Both the past 2 seasons hes had injury issues
GCn18

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »

Hey now, that's not on LeFevour that was a Nichols pass.

First play of the highlights.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2438/bc-lions-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers/

My mistake. That was a terribly thrown ball.

GCn18

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2018, 05:26:34 PM »

Both the past 2 seasons hes had injury issues

I just don't equate contact injuries as being health issues. More of a luck thing. He has broken his collarbone being slammed to the turf in 2016, and had an upper body injury after a suicide pass last year. This is not a re-occurring injury, just separate times he was hit very hard. Maybe he needs to learn how to avoid contact more I guess, but I wouldn't call it a health issue.

kkc60

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2018, 05:53:01 PM »

I just don't equate contact injuries as being health issues. More of a luck thing. He has broken his collarbone being slammed to the turf in 2016, and had an upper body injury after a suicide pass last year. This is not a re-occurring injury, just separate times he was hit very hard. Maybe he needs to learn how to avoid contact more I guess, but I wouldn't call it a health issue.
Im not holding it against him. Im just saying he hasnt played a full season in awhile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: