Blue Bombers Forum
February 24, 2018, 01:17:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Demski likely to sign per Bauming  (Read 1959 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 02:40:29 AM »

Lapo likes to move his receivers around. Dressler and Demski will play in the slot as well.

Some people seem to forget that Flanders was not spelling Harris at RB but was taking hand-offs out of the slot position with Harris still on the field, the beautiful thing about LaPo's offence is that it's fluid and assigned positions mean very little.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:44:00 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
66 Chevelle

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 02:45:36 AM »

Some people seem to forget that Flanders was not spelling Harris at RB but was taking hand-offs out of the slot position with Harris still on the field, the beautiful thing about LaPo's offence is that it's fluid and assigned positions mean very little.

great point, and one that seems to never really be discussed at any length around here, at least in my memory it hasn't....

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
bustamente

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 02:47:24 AM »

As long as the O line does it's job the O is rounding out quite nicely, now maybe fill in some pieces on the D
66 Chevelle

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 02:53:22 AM »

Throw Long, I'm not trying to be a butt here, but was 'spelling' a typo or does it have a different meaning that I'm unaware of when used in this context? I believe that I've seen it used similarly in at least one other post...  And again, I am respectfully asking... so thanks in advance for any info you'd like to share...

gobombersgo

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 03:26:52 AM »

It?s about managing the SMS. Plus Demski is a Winnipeg boy who will help sell tickets, probably a similar cap hit as JFG, is younger, and arguably more talented than JFG.

Hopefully this doesn't play into the decision on whether to sign him or not. I want to Bombers to sign players based on who they think will help them on the field and not the stands.

Jets
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 03:28:52 AM »

Throw Long, I'm not trying to be a butt here, but was 'spelling' a typo or does it have a different meaning that I'm unaware of when used in this context? I believe that I've seen it used similarly in at least one other post...  And again, I am respectfully asking... so thanks in advance for any info you'd like to share...

spell
verb NORTH AMERICAN
allow (someone) to rest briefly by taking their place in some activity.
"I got sleepy and needed her to spell me for a while at the wheel"
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 03:32:21 AM »

v. spelled, spelling, spells
v.tr.
1. To relieve (someone) from work temporarily by taking a turn.
2. To allow (someone) to rest a while.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 03:37:44 AM »

Hopefully this doesn't play into the decision on whether to sign him or not. I want to Bombers to sign players based on who they think will help them on the field and not the stands.

X2
66 Chevelle

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 03:42:19 AM »

thanks guys! as an American from the midwest I've not heard it used in such manner...  some of the other differences I've encountered were easier for me to relate based on context of use, this one was a little less obvious to me. But now, thanks to you guys, I'm better prepared to understand comments moving forward... but it is funny to me at least, that I find myself using terms that I've learned here that are not part of my regular day to day vocabulary, lol... 'bang on' is my favorite that sometimes garners me funny looks from those around me, lol...

also, when I googled it for alternative meanings, this is what I got:

the process or activity of writing or naming the letters of a word.
        the way a word is spelled.
        plural noun: spellings
        "the spelling of his name was influenced by French"
        a person's ability to spell words.
        "her spelling was deplorable"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:45:02 AM by 66 Chevelle » Logged

buckzumhoff

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 03:47:41 AM »

Id go with LaFrance. Demski dropped quite a few balls and didnt break many tackles. Saskatchewan is not signing him for a reason. They are looking for better talent in that position. I think Matt Coates is better. And with Lafrance and Flanders can give Harris a break when he needs it.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 03:53:27 AM »

Id go with LaFrance. Demski dropped quite a few balls and didnt break many tackles. Saskatchewan is not signing him for a reason. They are looking for better talent in that position. I think Matt Coates is better. And with Lafrance and Flanders can give Harris a break when he needs it.

plus it makes sense from the view of giving us better options to maintain ratio, effectively overall...

thunderNlightning

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 04:55:37 AM »

Could you throw in packages where Lafrance/Flanders are the RB's and Harris moves up into a receiver position?
DM83

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 05:16:07 AM »

Semiskilled started off last year very strong.  Then he. Got injured. Then he was never back in the rotation.. Winnioeg. Has a need for a starting SB.  He has to,produce though.  Coates outside or JFG are fine as the WR. I am not sold in Adams. I don't think he makes any outstanding catches.  But that's just me. He. Did have a couple, I know. Just not enough.

We are still missing an outstanding WR.
But yes now we need some DBS who are for real, not dreams.
Plus a Middle Linebacker.
If we get those we have a chance to challenge.  Should we continue employing DBS as LBs, we won't win.

A,couple,days for some,vets, and of course infinite years for our poor scouts to get some rookie Amercs.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 05:21:20 AM »

Semiskilled started off last year very strong.  Then he. Got injured. Then he was never back in the rotation.. Winnioeg. Has a need for a starting SB.  He has to,produce though.  Coates outside or JFG are fine as the WR. I am not sold in Adams. I don't think he makes any outstanding catches.  But that's just me. He. Did have a couple, I know. Just not enough.

We are still missing an outstanding WR.
But yes now we need some DBS who are for real, not dreams.
Plus a Middle Linebacker.
If we get those we have a chance to challenge.  Should we continue employing DBS as LBs, we won't win.

A,couple,days for some,vets, and of course infinite years for our poor scouts to get some rookie Amercs.

Wow.  Can't let your comment about Adams go without another opinion.  Adams is a YAC threat.  He is reliable. He is a long ball threat.  He made several outstanding catches this past season.  He is held in high regard by other teams.  He is held in high regard by his teammates and coaches.  Just saying....I think you have not carefully considered what he brings to the team.  Injuries have hampered - certainly.  But when he is on the field he is a force.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
thunderNlightning

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 05:25:39 AM »

Adams might be the most underrated receiver in this league!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: