Blue Bombers Forum
February 19, 2018, 06:26:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Power Rankings prior to free agency  (Read 354 times)
gbill2004

« on: February 11, 2018, 02:43:12 PM »

Interesting offseason read...Bombers are ranked 6th and the Riders 2nd: https://ajmbroadcasteducator.wordpress.com/2018/02/11/cfl-power-rankings-with-free-agency-right-around-the-corner/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Pigskin

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 02:55:49 PM »

A slow day for someone. The rankings during the season are always a debate. Now we have rankings in the middle of the winter.  Wow.
the paw

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »

Bizarre.

Aside from the obvious uselessness of power rankings when half the roster is unknown, the narrative reasoning provided is short, and provided no coherent logic in terms of how it impacts the rankings.  Winnipeg is letting 3 major players hit free agency so they are #6, but the Stamps are turning over half their roster and they are #1?

I also don't get this guys connection to the cfl.  This seems to be a CFL power ranking by an American journalism professor, dropped in among blog posts on North Korea.  Weird.  

grab grass 'n growl
GCn17

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 03:12:26 PM »

Bizarre.

Aside from the obvious uselessness of power rankings when half the roster is unknown, the narrative reasoning provided is short, and provided no coherent logic in terms of how it impacts the rankings.  Winnipeg is letting 3 major players hit free agency so they are #6, but the Stamps are turning over half their roster and they are #1?

I also don't get this guys connection to the cfl.  This seems to be a CFL power ranking by an American journalism professor, dropped in among blog posts on North Korea.  Weird.  

The site in question has used Piffles Podcast's take on the CFL for a few years now. This blog has run features on PP and PP has returned the favor. Just in the January edition of this blog he had Dormuth on as a guest blogger. This site uses the Piffles audience for clicks and Piffles uses this guys blog to gain followers. It's why there is no cohesion whatsoever, just attempts at gaining clicks.

This guy who provided the power ranking is none other than Alex Dormuth. Not even worth posting his opinion on here. This guy is a close confidant and partner to Safimod on Riderfans, the creator of Piffles Podcast, an overwhelmingly homeristic Rider podcast. Last month, this same blog linked to above, he did a full feature on Piffles Podcast. Don't even respond to the conjecture, it is like Rod Pederson coming here to give us his power rankings....maybe worse.

Last year Piffles Podcast refused to rank us in week 1 of the power rankings because RealAlexD (Dormuth) felt that 9 was too high for us. That's the danger of the internet....splash a flashy graphic and anybody's insane rambling can be linked to a forum under the guise of educated opinion, if the person posting it doesn't take the time to weed out the reliability of the source.

Please everyone know that this is a ranking provided by a Migs like Rider homer. Don't take it seriously, and be prepared that you may end up a little more stupid for having read it.

If anyone wants a real good laugh at how uneducated Alex is about football, go read his Rider position by position breakdowns. Even their backups are all stars.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:40:19 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
gbill2004

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 03:50:09 PM »

A slow day for someone. The rankings during the season are always a debate. Now we have rankings in the middle of the winter.  Wow.
Ya these rankings seem pretty off. The Riders at 2 is very bizarre and the comment that they?re sniffing at the Stamps for number one overall is even more bizarre. Guy must be a Rider homer or just looking for hits to his blog from Rider fans. But it's the off-season so it's at least good for some conversation.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:09:14 PM by gbill2004 » Logged
GCn17

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 04:04:33 PM »

He even asks for people to click on the ads under the article so he can "make a few dollars". I don't think there is any doubt he is playing it up to the Rider fans to cash in.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »

He even asks for people to click on the ads under the article so he can "make a few dollars". I don't think there is any doubt he is playing it up to the Rider fans to cash in.

Doesn't sound interesting enough for me to ever log onto.
GCn17

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »

Doesn't sound interesting enough for me to ever log onto.

Can't say I blame you, it's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 04:30:02 PM »

Can't say I blame you, it's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Kinda like this thread lol......

Honestly I have learned the most right here reading the posts from people who I think know something about football. I have enjoyed the cfl for as long as I can remember, but reading here on a consistent basis has amped it up a whole lot more.
GCn17

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 05:16:45 PM »

Kinda like this thread lol......

Honestly I have learned the most right here reading the posts from people who I think know something about football. I have enjoyed the cfl for as long as I can remember, but reading here on a consistent basis has amped it up a whole lot more.

Lots of people here with very good insight into the game. I have learned a lot here as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: