Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 10:55:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan LeFevour to retire  (Read 1419 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« on: February 10, 2018, 10:31:11 PM »

Thanks Dan. All the best in retirement - you are a master at 3rd down!!

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/10/bombers-qb-dan-lefevour-set-retire-football/

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:32:42 PM by The Zipp » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:57:57 PM »

That?s a little surprising. He had value as a short yardage QB.

All the best in retirement Dan!
DM83

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 11:41:04 PM »

Is this a management ploy?  Ya know. Retire before a certain date.then you don't have to be accounted for.
I want. This. Guy if for nothing else 3rd down
Jesse

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:48:05 PM »

Is this a management ploy?  Ya know. Retire before a certain date.then you don't have to be accounted for.

He?s been told by the team that he wouldn?t be retained. He?s probably made the decision to move on with his life. The market for 30-something year old QBs who only have the ability to drive the ball one yard at a time is pretty low.

That said, best of luck in the future Dan.

My wife is amazing!
gobombersgo

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 11:50:42 PM »

I'm sure he can land a coaching job in the States for a lot more money.

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 01:37:22 AM »

If Durant can't get us a third down then we are screwed for yet another season anyway ...why can't Matty just get the third down and then do the "up tempo"..and keep us rolling down the field.....we would never waste time changing QB's while the defence is wondering what's gonna happen.....
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 01:49:00 AM »

From dan on twitter;

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who has supported me in the pursuit of chasing my childhood dream!  It's been a heck of a ride.  But there is a time and a place for everything.  It's time for my family and I to move on to the next chapter
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 02:00:40 AM »

From dan on twitter;

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who has supported me in the pursuit of chasing my childhood dream!  It's been a heck of a ride.  But there is a time and a place for everything.  It's time for my family and I to move on to the next chapter

Cool response....I wish him all the best...
canadaguy2112

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 04:35:58 AM »

Wish him all the best
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 04:40:57 AM »

From dan on twitter;

LeFevour is one of the few players I've heard about that dragged his family around with him to every stop, I guess they've had quite enough of that lifestyle.  He did everything asked of him, wish him all the best.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 05:21:54 AM »

I've been a Feve fan since his Ti-Cat days, and always loved him as a BB.  Sad to see him go.  Best of luck for his future.

He was monster on 3rd down sneak.  Did he miss even a single one in his time here?  I can't remember one!  Marve used to screw the odd one up (though he was good too).  I'm reluctant to say Durant can sneak as well as Feve.  Though the great thing about Durant is the 2nd down sneak might be a 40yd pass!

I'll miss ya, and I'll miss yelling Feve Feve Feve!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »

You had a good career man, hold your head up high and good luck with the next chapter

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
the paw

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »

You had a good career man, hold your head up high and good luck with the next chapter

No kidding.  Stellar college career with all kind of records. A season on the roster of an NFL team, and a chance to play professionally for 5 years in the CFL.  Not too many people get to build a scrapbook like that before they start their regular career at age 30. 

grab grass 'n growl
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 05:34:14 AM »

LeFevour's retirement probably made us go try to get a backup..
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 05:36:07 AM »

Thank you Dan LeFevour.  You served the Blue Bombers well.  All the best to you and your family in the future.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: