Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2018, 07:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Walters presser  (Read 3835 times)
GCn18

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2018, 07:31:24 PM »

I'd rather take a beating than have to move though, lol... just sayin'...

That may be what gets him to reconsider. I guess it all depends what our offer is.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2018, 07:37:48 PM »

If Walters is letting JW walk, he has a plan to replace him. Love JW but sometimes these guys want why more then a team can afford to pay.
GCn18

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2018, 07:39:43 PM »

If Walters is letting JW walk, he has a plan to replace him. Love JW but sometimes these guys want why more then a team can afford to pay.

Sometimes other team want a player more. It happens.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2018, 07:40:50 PM »

so, who else is out there that wouldn't be taking a step backwards with a proper passport?

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
the paw

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2018, 08:00:13 PM »

so, who else is out there that wouldn't be taking a step backwards with a proper passport?

Well, if you are talking apples to apples, there isn't another Canadian DE at Westerman's level, full stop.   If Tristan O. stays healthy all year and Jeffcoat continues to improve, then I think our DE situation is a little weaker but still good.  It's more the ratio replacement.

Ted Laurent could play DT at a level comparable to the way Westerman plays DE. But expensive.  Konar had a great year last year at WIL, hard to say if he continues to play at that level, but he could definitely be a defensive starter.  Zack Evans at DT would be okay, but will get good coin as well.  After that, I would say we are downgrading our talent noticeably. 

Gbill's theory is that we will replace him with ratio on the offensive side, but I'm not convinced. 

grab grass 'n growl
gbill2004

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »

Well, if you are talking apples to apples, there isn't another Canadian DE at Westerman's level, full stop.   If Tristan O. stays healthy all year and Jeffcoat continues to improve, then I think our DE situation is a little weaker but still good.  It's more the ratio replacement.

Ted Laurent could play DT at a level comparable to the way Westerman plays DE. But expensive.  Konar had a great year last year at WIL, hard to say if he continues to play at that level, but he could definitely be a defensive starter.  Zack Evans at DT would be okay, but will get good coin as well.  After that, I would say we are downgrading our talent noticeably. 

Gbill's theory is that we will replace him with ratio on the offensive side, but I'm not convinced. 
It's a theory, but I'm not married to it  Wink  I do see some issues with starting 6 Canadians on offense.  Hopefully things become more clear tomorrow.  Ideally Westerman returns, but it's not looking likely. 
TBURGESS

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »

Westerman is an NI who plays at an import level. Assuming he's moving on, he'll be greatly missed from a ratio and a good to great player perspective. Any NI that we bring in to replace him will cost a lot or won't be anywhere near as good.

Being right never gets old.
gbill2004

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2018, 08:18:18 PM »

Westerman is an NI who plays at an import level. Assuming he's moving on, he'll be greatly missed from a ratio and a good to great player perspective. Any NI that we bring in to replace him will cost a lot or won't be anywhere near as good.
In theory Demski could replace him and will cost close to half what Westerman was making. Now Westerman is elite and Demski is not.
TBURGESS

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2018, 08:20:01 PM »

In theory Demski could replace him and will cost close to half what Westerman was making. Now Westerman is elite and Demski is not.
Cheaper, but not as good and we'd have to go with 2 NI receivers for Demski to replace Westerman, which downgrades our offence.

Being right never gets old.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2018, 08:21:01 PM »

We'd have to elevate Coates or Wolitarsky to starting line up as well as Demski, providing it's an either/or scenario with Demski and JFG, or is my math wrong?  And Hurl (hopefully) isn't starting at MLB, so we're running short there as well.
gbill2004

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »

We'd have to elevate Coates or Wolitarsky to starting line up as well as Demski, providing it's an either/or scenario with Demski and JFG, or is my math wrong?  And Hurl (hopefully) isn't starting at MLB, so we're running short there as well.
Exactly...Demski and Coates as starters with Wolitarsky as their backup. 
gbill2004

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2018, 08:23:38 PM »

Cheaper, but not as good and we'd have to go with 2 NI receivers for Demski to replace Westerman, which downgrades our offence.
But with Harris, Bowman, Adams, Dressler, do we really need to start another American receiver?  Maybe not since there's only so many targets to go around, and Demski is no slouch.  Just trying to put myself in Walters shoes...
BlueInCgy

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »

Nevermind, I forgot Neufeld for Bond, so we can still hurl Hurl.
gbill2004

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

Nevermind, I forgot Neufeld for Bond, so we can still hurl Hurl.
Correct.  Walters said we will be staring 3 Canadians on the OL this year. 
BlueInCgy

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 08:29:17 PM »

Will feel better if we sign Steele or Mrabure at the very least as insurance in case Neufeld hits the tub early in the season (ratio reasons, not positional).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: