Blue Bombers Forum
August 15, 2018, 04:31:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers sign Adarius Bowman!  (Read 7215 times)
booch

« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »

it almost looked like Jackson was playing like he didn't give a crap...and was actually playing to get let go
gbill2004

« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »

I think Ernest Jackson deserves a mention as another good receiver who did not play well in 2017.
Jackson I think is because of the environment, and not his level of talent. 
66 Chevelle

« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2018, 03:43:34 PM »

With all due respect Chevelle, you have no clue what you are talking about here. None. Might be the most biased post I have ever read on this forum. Go back and watch this man's games over the period of 2011 to 2016 and then get a clue of why we are excited about Bowman. Comparing an injured Bowman's production to what we will see this year is ludicrous.
Only averaged a 100 yards per game once? You realize that's only been done a handful of times in the history of this league right? You dismiss it like it's some average stat that he couldn't attain. You are a star receiver in this league if you average 56 yards a game. A "mind altering" 44.5 yards a game? You realize that translates to an 800 yard season right? Not fantastic numbers but pretty good considering he was not in the regular receiving rotation for his first 3 games back because they were bringing him along slowly after his hamstring injury and using him situationally and then he left a game in Montreal early because he re-aggravated the injury...but that's an inconvenient truth that the stats won't show will they? So, since you are so dead set on extrapolating stats to try and confirm your agenda on this....let me throw out some manipulated stats of my own.

In the games that Adarious Bowman was healthy, and in the regular receiving rotation for the full game without leaving due to injury, he averaged 57.5 yards per game and a 64% completion ratio with a 13.6 yd average per completion. Still not stellar numbers, but a 1000 yard pace, and definitely making him a steal at 140k.

I'm not trying to come down you Chevelle, but telling us that we don't know how good of a receiver Bowman is without, obviously, you watching him play the last several years is pretty weak sauce. We KNOW who Bowman is....maybe you should go on Youtube and watch a few games of his yourself. I think you would have a drastic change of opinion.

with absolutely no respect, you do realize that I was replying to a statement made by someone other than myself that claimed Bowman was a 100 yard per game receiver, right? And that he scored around 10 TD's a season? He was the one talking out the other side of his head, not me. How it is possible for me to have no clue when all I did was provide you with stats? How is it that I am bias when all I did was provide stats?  I didn't make up the stats, they came directly from the CFL. Explain to me how a stat can be bias.... I'd love to hear this.  Just because you don't like what it says, don't blame me. 

Ol' whats his name tried to feed me line of crap saying that Bowman is a 100 yard a game receiver, and he's not. It seems it's ok for others here to flat out lie and nobody says a word. And no, I didn't realize that 56 yards a game made you a superstar, I have never heard anyone ever say that. I will say that 56 does seem like an odd number, but oh well. I reported straight up facts, not opinion, verifiable, published stats and I'm bias and have no clue?  I guess I'm just not part of the good ol' boys club around here.

so, if I go and watch youtube, will it makes those stats grow? Maybe they should start putting asterisks by all these superstar's stats with a footnote that explains to us new fans that instead of looking at their stats we should just disregard them and go watch youtube?

And I didn't try to tell you anything, I just mused that maybe it wasn't the bargain that everyone thinks it is... I didn't claim that he was wash-up, beyond his prime, incapable, etc.... I merely provided everyone with his stats, you all are reading everything else into it...

buy hey, like I told ol' gbill, if you're happy, I'm elated...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
booch

« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2018, 03:52:51 PM »

well his 3 previous seasons up to last year he did average 89 yards a game...pretty sure that is tops in the league for guys playing 15 games or more a season...he played 17 games each year in those years.

Discounting last year as he was hurt and wasn't healthy 100 percent until the end of the season
Horseman

« Reply #244 on: February 12, 2018, 03:56:28 PM »

with absolutely no respect, you do realize that I was replying to a statement made by someone other than myself that claimed Bowman was a 100 yard per game receiver, right? And that he scored around 10 TD's a season? He was the one talking out the other side of his head, not me. How it is possible for me to have no clue when all I did was provide you with stats? How is it that I am bias when all I did was provide stats?  I didn't make up the stats, they came directly from the CFL. Explain to me how a stat can be bias.... I'd love to hear this.  Just because you don't like what it says, don't blame me. 

Ol' whats his name tried to feed me line of crap saying that Bowman is a 100 yard a game receiver, and he's not. It seems it's ok for others here to flat out lie and nobody says a word. And no, I didn't realize that 56 yards a game made you a superstar, I have never heard anyone ever say that. I will say that 56 does seem like an odd number, but oh well. I reported straight up facts, not opinion, verifiable, published stats and I'm bias and have no clue?  I guess I'm just not part of the good ol' boys club around here.

so, if I go and watch youtube, will it makes those stats grow? Maybe they should start putting asterisks by all these superstar's stats with a footnote that explains to us new fans that instead of looking at their stats we should just disregard them and go watch youtube?

And I didn't try to tell you anything, I just mused that maybe it wasn't the bargain that everyone thinks it is... I didn't claim that he was wash-up, beyond his prime, incapable, etc.... I merely provided everyone with his stats, you all are reading everything else into it...

How cute, your first fight here. Get used to it, if certain people on this forum don't like what you post they simply attack you as if you are not entitled to your opinion.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2018, 03:58:21 PM »

I'm not sure why this is so heated but Adarious has been a stud in the CFL since 2014, for sure. In his last 46 games (3 seasons), he's amassed 3645 yards receiving, which is good for 79.24 yards a game and 21 touchdowns. He's also been pretty durable. In his last 4 seasons, he's missed 9 regular season games playing in 63 out of a possible 72 games. For a receiver with 370 catches over that same span, I'd say that's pretty darn impressive.
GCn18

« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2018, 04:00:33 PM »

56 yards per game is a 1000 yard pace. That is generally the accepted threshold for star receiver in our league. As for musing about whether 140k is a bargain, well there aren't many receivers with the pedigree of Bowman that have played for less in this league in many, many years. If you watch youtube it won't make his stats grow, but you may be able to see beyond the stats at things like how many times he is double covered, and other ways he is extremely impactful on the game.

You can get all defensive and think we're picking on you, but that's simply not true. As a football fan you should know that stats without context very rarely paint a complete picture of any athlete's worth.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Colton

« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2018, 04:01:44 PM »

"I'm not so sure that he is the bargain that most thought/think he is..."
"no wonder Edmonton cut him before free agency hit..."

Yep, those are stats
booch

« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »

edmonton cut him for serious cap implications....the sole reason...they have other high salaries they need to pay where they can "somewhat" adequately cover his spot with a cheaper option...nothing to do with talent or decline in talent
GCn18

« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »

How cute, your first fight here. Get used to it, if certain people on this forum don't like what you post they simply attack you as if you are not entitled to your opinion.

Or maybe, we're attacking a posters agenda and not them personally. If you have strong opinions and put them out there...it's fair game.

GCn18

« Reply #250 on: February 12, 2018, 04:05:35 PM »

"I'm not so sure that he is the bargain that most thought/think he is..."
"no wonder Edmonton cut him before free agency hit..."

Yep, those are stats

You make strong statements like that...you get a strong reaction. Chevelle is acting like he wasn't stoking the fire but the proof is in the pudding. For some reason he has an axe to grind with the Bowman signing but without watching the guy play.... Huh.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:07:24 PM by GCn17 » Logged

GCn18

« Reply #251 on: February 12, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »

I'm not sure why this is so heated but Adarious has been a stud in the CFL since 2014, for sure. In his last 46 games (3 seasons), he's amassed 3645 yards receiving, which is good for 79.24 yards a game and 21 touchdowns. He's also been pretty durable. In his last 4 seasons, he's missed 9 regular season games playing in 63 out of a possible 72 games. For a receiver with 370 catches over that same span, I'd say that's pretty darn impressive.

Extremely impressive stats to be sure, but even impressive numbers like that don't tell the whole story of how valuable he was to his team.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #252 on: February 12, 2018, 04:31:31 PM »

like I've said before, read into it what you want.... another member straight up lied to me and you all have no problem with that what so ever... I list stats to show that he was lying and I'm the bad guy, I'm the one with an agenda... sure, whatever...

and I don't think anyone is picking on me, lol... and to be quite honest, I wouldn't care if you are... it changes nothing in my life, so, if you want, or if it makes you feel better, feel free to pick on me at will because it will not bother me in the least... it's not like we're 12...

And if Edmonton cut him for cap reasons, doesn't that translate to 'he's not worth what he's asking'? Or, that his talent that he's proven capable of providing is no longer worth to them what they are paying for it?  I doubt any team cuts players that they think are worth more than what they are paying them for the services... wouldn't seem logical to get rid of that person and bring in a lesser skilled person for the same or more money, not to me anyway...

And when I say, 'maybe he's not the bargain everyone thinks/thought he was' leaves just as great a chance that he IS... 

Maybe it some of you that are being extremely too sensitive... but long story short, if you want to lie to me and misled me, don't be surprised when you get caught in a lie...

if you can sit there and say that there is no reason at all to have any concerns, any doubts, any apprehensions, any worries about signing a 32 year old man, coming off the worse season of his career (other than his rookie year), that has yet to play an entire season in that now 10 year career, and coming off a hamstring injury... maybe it's not me that has the agenda here...

I said multiple times that I'm good with the signing, as long as it doesn't affect the needed changes for the defense. I've said that adding him has improved our offense. Then I get lied to and misled, and I'm the bad guy...

in the mean time, feel free to continue to point out how I'm wrong or how I'm playing to my agenda, or anything else you would like to do or say... I'm ok with it...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
booch

« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »

I think it was a matter due to cap that no...he wasn't worth 265k a year with 140k up front right off the top
I think it's pretty obvious that the Esk's realized no receiver in the CFL is worth that kind of scratch.

They had a lot of money tied into other spots and have to add money to their defense...so I think they figured he would accept a low ball offer to stay there as he had a lot of ties there and was happy...but they were wrong and  he balked at it and we got him...their loss if you ask me and pretty sure they aren't happy they couldn't of found a way to keep him
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #254 on: February 12, 2018, 04:39:51 PM »

Or maybe, we're attacking a posters agenda and not them personally. If you have strong opinions and put them out there...it's fair game.

That's exactly it. It seems like a select few fail to grasp that concept and immediately go on the defensive and play the victim. If you have an opinion, make sure it's properly constructed or you'll wind up getting called out. It's pretty simple.

I'm no sure how anyone could look at the Bowman acquisition as detrimental to this team, especially at the price for which he signed. Not only is he a top echelon receiver in the league, he's become a role model off the field. That fits right into the mould of this team and his skill set is basically what the offense missed last season in the receiving corps.

Extremely impressive stats to be sure, but even impressive numbers like that don't tell the whole story of how valuable he was to his team.

Gotta look beyond the numbers sometimes. And the consensus around the league regarding Bowman's quality as one of the best in recent years.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  

Jump to: