Blue Bombers Forum
February 24, 2018, 01:21:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: Duron Carter arrested for marijuana possession  (Read 6637 times)
bluebeard

« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »

Hopefully this gets cleared up before the start of the season so we can move on from this thread!

A good lawyer could drag this out for a very long time.......maybe as long as the season lasts.  Or until a deal is made with the Crown.  Society now looks differently about weed then it did 10 years ago.  I would not count on him not playing this season.
DM83

« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2018, 11:42:27 PM »

Carter =Dope
Dope =  Carter

Pppfffft!

End of story
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #212 on: February 11, 2018, 01:49:47 AM »

Carter =Dope
Dope =  Carter

Pppfffft!

End of story

Do you wake up grumpy everyday.....lol.......sorry jus messin
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #213 on: February 11, 2018, 04:30:14 PM »

A good lawyer could drag this out for a very long time.......maybe as long as the season lasts.  Or until a deal is made with the Crown.  Society now looks differently about weed then it did 10 years ago.  I would not count on him not playing this season.

agree

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue96

« Reply #214 on: February 11, 2018, 04:48:45 PM »

Lot's of legal experts here all of a sudden.. LOL
dd

« Reply #215 on: February 11, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »

I see the constant-attention seeking Carter is doing what he does best, attracting attention onto himself. Not sure why or how much longer Jones puts up with this, but it takes a lot of time and energy to manage this type of player.

be interesting to see how this plays out in court, I think it will get drawn out and fade to black, but if it doesn't, that's not good news for him and his career.
GCn17

« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2018, 05:14:28 PM »

At the end of the day and no matter what, this just adds more babysitting time to Jones' schedule. It is time that being the GM/HC/DC he is already desperately short on. Last year he was having daily one hour meetings with Carter to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. When you wear all the hats that Jones does you gotta think something has to give. He can't stop meeting with Carter or he will do something moronic, but he can't afford to lose that hour a day either. I wonder at what point Jones just cuts him loose.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
dd

« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2018, 08:22:16 PM »

ya gotta think, he's got to be rethinking this now. If Carter can't play, he's out a top receiver, if Carter can play, he just waits for the next bomb to drop. I think if they could land another top WR that would change his tolerance for the drama
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:57:05 AM by dd » Logged
blueraid

« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2018, 08:27:06 PM »

ya gotta think, he's got o be rethinking this now. If Carter can't play, he's out s top receiver, if Carter can pla, he just waits for the next bomb to drop. I think if they could land another top WR that would change his tolerance for the drama

They tried but Mr. Bowman signed here....life's tough for Jonesie in riderville...and I hope it gets a lot tougher Wink
DM83

« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2018, 09:56:50 PM »

Yes. Pretty much!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2018, 10:15:18 PM »

They tried but Mr. Bowman signed here....life's tough for Jonesie in riderville...and I hope it gets a lot tougher Wink
X2

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bluebeard

« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2018, 12:12:15 AM »

At the end of the day and no matter what, this just adds more babysitting time to Jones' schedule. It is time that being the GM/HC/DC he is already desperately short on. Last year he was having daily one hour meetings with Carter to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. When you wear all the hats that Jones does you gotta think something has to give. He can't stop meeting with Carter or he will do something moronic, but he can't afford to lose that hour a day either. I wonder at what point Jones just cuts him loose.
I don't think it will be with this contract as Jones paid too much up front money to Carter.
gobombersgo

« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2018, 12:28:09 AM »

I don't think it will be with this contract as Jones paid too much up front money to Carter.
It sounds like Carter didn't tell Jones about the first arrest when they negotiated his contract. I'd suspend him a game for that.

dd

« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2018, 12:59:38 AM »

It is a lot tougher right now, which way is Jones going to gamble on...Carter gets nothing for his 2nd possession charge and plays, or do he get suspended/not allowed into the country because of it, and if so, he's out a top WR on his team and FA opens, does he make a play for one and cut Carter. Just signed him for reportedly a lot of upfront money....sucks to be him!!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »

Good article on Jones reaction to Carter's charges, which should be in front of a Wpg. judge tomorrow. Somebody needs to get down to the courthouse to razz him!

http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/jones-adopted-wait-and-see-approach-with-carter

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:27:23 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: