Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2018, 07:28:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Duron Carter arrested for marijuana possession  (Read 19987 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2018, 02:06:19 PM »

Wondering if flights to Ft. Lauderdale from Regina connect in Winnipeg...  could that be the reason for him being at the airport here?  And he either got from Regina or from Ft. Lauderdale with his stash, but got caught here?   

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
1chad

« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2018, 02:36:25 PM »

If he was caught by customs, it means he was coming into the country with it.  That would lead to more problems than a simple possession charge.  With getting caught a second time, he might have put his CFL career in jeopardy.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »

As much as his off field behaviour is questionable he is exciting to watch.....he makes things happen on either side of the ball and that?s extremely rare in this day and age.   If only he could screw his head on straight....however that?s a big IF!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
bluengold204

« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2018, 02:55:16 PM »

First off, no one weighs the product in a bag.  Packaging is never calculated into weight in any measurement.  If you've ever seena  commercial scale, they have a "tare" button, which you use to zero out the packaging.  Put the bag on the scale, hit tare and the scale reads zero.  Then when you put things in the bag, it tells you the weight of the product only, not the bag.

So, a guy can't buy 2 ounces (56gms)?  Or three (84gms)?  Having friends over and needs some supply... or maybe stocking up for the next couple weeks?

The 30gm tipping point is probably not 28 gms for just that reason.   If you are buying for personal use, you buy an ounce, or less.  If you are buying more than an ounce, that's selling weight.  Get the idea?  So, if you get busted for having *over* 30 gms (not exactly 30 gms, but *over* 30 gms), its because you have more than an ounce. 

And people put more than an ounce and a half in a bag all the time, when they have more than an ounce and a half and they want to put it in a bag. 

And, actually, when we package product in our store, we generally put a little extra in, just to be sure.  You buy a five pound pack of our Special Blend raw dog food, and it is usually 5.1 to 5.3 lbs...  don't know if I've ever met that generous a dope dealer, just answering your question about dog food.

I'd think that number might be a little on the high side (see what I did there?).  A significant portion of the population does partake of the herb (I haven't in decades, and I'm scared of the new stuff), but 90% seems excessive, especially for the group Walters/O'Shea have assembled.

While it wasn't the Walters/O'Shea regime at the time but a buddy of mine sold to Odell Willis when he was playing here.  Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he is right and 90% of the players smoke.
sting

« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2018, 03:33:14 PM »

My theory is that he will argue he can't be convicted twice for the same crime.  The stuff he got caught with in Saskatoon was just the last of the stash he had in Winnipeg and hadn't managed to smoke down yet....

Would they not have seized the stuff from Winnipeg making the stuff from Saskatoon a different case?
gbill2004

« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2018, 03:34:06 PM »

Would they not have seized the stuff from Winnipeg making the stuff from Saskatoon a different case?
I'm assuming that the paw was joking in this "theory"   Cheesy
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2018, 01:04:28 AM »

First off, no one weighs the product in a bag.  Packaging is never calculated into weight in any measurement.  If you've ever seena  commercial scale, they have a "tare" button, which you use to zero out the packaging.  Put the bag on the scale, hit tare and the scale reads zero.  Then when you put things in the bag, it tells you the weight of the product only, not the bag.

So, a guy can't buy 2 ounces (56gms)?  Or three (84gms)?  Having friends over and needs some supply... or maybe stocking up for the next couple weeks?

The 30gm tipping point is probably not 28 gms for just that reason.   If you are buying for personal use, you buy an ounce, or less.  If you are buying more than an ounce, that's selling weight.  Get the idea?  So, if you get busted for having *over* 30 gms (not exactly 30 gms, but *over* 30 gms), its because you have more than an ounce. 

And people put more than an ounce and a half in a bag all the time, when they have more than an ounce and a half and they want to put it in a bag. 

And, actually, when we package product in our store, we generally put a little extra in, just to be sure.  You buy a five pound pack of our Special Blend raw dog food, and it is usually 5.1 to 5.3 lbs...  don't know if I've ever met that generous a dope dealer, just answering your question about dog food.

I'd think that number might be a little on the high side (see what I did there?).  A significant portion of the population does partake of the herb (I haven't in decades, and I'm scared of the new stuff), but 90% seems excessive, especially for the group Walters/O'Shea have assembled.

LOL.....  Really think you can tell me how this works? Thats pretty funny. When seeling weed of course you dont weigh what it comes in. But i know for a fact the cops do.

Trust me i know

Why would ppl put more then an oz in a bag? Thats pretty stupid. Maybe hes that dumb i duno.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
GCn18

« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2018, 04:09:45 AM »

LOL.....  Really think you can tell me how this works? Thats pretty funny. When seeling weed of course you dont weigh what it comes in. But i know for a fact the cops do.

Trust me i know

Why would ppl put more then an oz in a bag? Thats pretty stupid. Maybe hes that dumb i duno.

All we know is he got caught with more than 30oz. which is simply saying he had anywhere from an oz to a million pounds. He could easily have had a QP on him and the descriptor used would be the same.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
1chad

« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2018, 03:43:04 PM »

Hopefully this gets cleared up before the start of the season so we can move on from this thread!
gbill2004

« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2018, 04:21:12 PM »

Hopefully this gets cleared up before the start of the season so we can move on from this thread!
Agreed, but it is great offseason discussion!   Wink
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2018, 10:28:35 PM »

Chris jones commented today:

?Certainly I?m disappointed in Duron. You would wish that he would be past this type of thing,? Jones said on The SportsCage on CKRM 620 in Regina. ?I can?t say a whole lot about it because it is still a legal situation, so we?ll just wait and see how it plays out legally.?
TecnoGenius

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2018, 08:59:34 AM »

90% smoke weed is laughable conjecture.  You think Milt "my body is my temple" or fitness/health nuts like him pollute their body with any type of smoke?  No matter what you're smoking, you're reducing lung capacity and introducing toxins and byproducts.  Not the best prescription for a pro athlete.  I'd bet you the number of smoker players in-season in the CFL is well under 20%.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2018, 04:15:30 PM »

90% smoke weed is laughable conjecture.  You think Milt "my body is my temple" or fitness/health nuts like him pollute their body with any type of smoke?  No matter what you're smoking, you're reducing lung capacity and introducing toxins and byproducts.  Not the best prescription for a pro athlete.  I'd bet you the number of smoker players in-season in the CFL is well under 20%.

Regardless of the percentage, only one was dumb enough to cross the border with cannabis in his belongings. Twice.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2018, 04:18:10 PM »

Chris jones commented today:

?Certainly I?m disappointed in Duron. You would wish that he would be past this type of thing,? Jones said on The SportsCage on CKRM 620 in Regina. ?I can?t say a whole lot about it because it is still a legal situation, so we?ll just wait and see how it plays out legally.?
Makes you wonder if this is the reason the Riders were in on Bowman. 
canadaguy2112

« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2018, 09:01:08 PM »

Lots of people on Riderfans speculated that the Riders were only in on the Bowman deal to drive up the price other teams would pay.  As if the Riders have that kind of resources and sway.  I am sensing the Carter situation is gonna end bad for Sask.  Might not have been a huge issue if he got caught once (especially now of days), but twice within months at  different airports is brutal.  I doubt we would even have heard of the Wpg arrest if not for the second. 

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: