Blue Bombers Forum
August 15, 2018, 02:27:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Duron Carter arrested for marijuana possession  (Read 16995 times)
Colton

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 07:17:49 PM »

There are a lot of reasons to hate on Carter, but this isn't one of them.
booch

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 07:19:59 PM »

depends in which schedule (from 1 to 5) the controlled substance is is...Pot is sched 1 Examples include heroin, LSD, marijuana, peyote, and ecstasy.
gbill2004

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 07:20:53 PM »

depends in which schedule (from 1 to 5) the controlled substance is is...Pot is sched 1 Examples include heroin, LSD, marijuana, peyote, and ecstasy.
Oh okay...thanks for clarifying.  So marijuana is a controlled substance. 
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 07:23:30 PM »

Hmmmm...please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a "controlled substance" is something like cocaine.  I don't think marijuana is a "controlled substance", is it? 

According to this it can be many, many things - skip to the schedules and they go on and on about what is constituted as a controlled substance.  I think we can all agree that Duron has some serious issues understanding what are seemingly simple guidelines and laws.  I hope he can get some help.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/page-1.html#h-2
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 07:26:13 PM »

Im thinking Heath takes the ..high road on this one.

I was referring more to the no fly comment and how it could be used humorously by a DB against a rival WR.

There are a lot of reasons to hate on Carter, but this isn't one of them.

I'm not sure if anyone hates him. He just makes a lot of very poor decisions.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Horseman

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 07:27:26 PM »

Hmmmm...please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a "controlled substance" is something like cocaine.  I don't think marijuana is a "controlled substance", is it? 

Yes it is a controlled substance, under the Controlled Drug and Substances Act (CDSA) it is a schedule II drug (Cannabis and its derivatives). Schedule I is narcotics such as Phencyclidine, heroin and cocaine. Schedule III includes such drugs as amphetamines, LSD.
swansong

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »

Apparently we do. You have to be an idiot towards the cop busting you though. The cops don't want to lay the charge anymore, but will if you act like a dbag towards them when they come to confiscate it.

Sorry but believe it or not there are a lot of douchebag cops who will bust you for any reason they can come up with. Drug busts look good on the old service record.

Edit . . . bringing it through the airport is just stupid.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:29:15 PM by swansong » Logged
the paw

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 07:29:26 PM »

I wonder if this will land him on the no fly list. Just monumental stupidity by Carter. Flying drugs into our country is not a joke even if it was just weed. Drug smuggling....can anyone say passport revoked?

Is it confirmed that he was on a flight from the US, or is it possible that he was flying from Regina to Saskatoon?  If it is a national flight it wouldn't constitute smuggling, it would just be stupidity.    I mean, I don't know who would fly from Regina to Saskatoon instead of driving, but in theory its possible.  

grab grass 'n growl
Horseman

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 07:32:33 PM »

Sorry but believe it or not there are a lot of douchebag cops who will bust you for any reason they can come up with. Drug busts look good on the old service record.

You are sadly misinformed, police officers do not have arrests placed on their service records. I take offence with you referring to police as "Douchebag Cops", it is people like you who publically call officers names but as soon as there is trouble in your life or an emergency situation they are the first people you call for help, and they will still come to help you.
gbill2004

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 07:33:51 PM »

Statement from the Riders: http://3downnation.com/2018/02/02/riders-duron-carter-arrested-marijuana-possession-report/
gbill2004

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 07:36:17 PM »

Over on the Riders forum they are just brushing this off as no big deal, and just a slow news day in Sask. 
Blue96

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 07:40:55 PM »

Not that it matters, but Cannabis is schedule II on the CDSA. A controlled substance all the same.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 07:41:15 PM »

Yes it is a controlled substance, under the Controlled Drug and Substances Act (CDSA) it is a schedule II drug (Cannabis and its derivatives). Schedule I is narcotics such as Phencyclidine, heroin and cocaine. Schedule III includes such drugs as amphetamines, LSD.

This. For the sake of information, here's a link to the CDSA online index with Schedules I through IX listed: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/

Schedules I, II, III, and IV cover the vast majority of recreational/street drugs.

What a pointless and stupid comment.

Is it confirmed that he was on a flight from the US, or is it possible that he was flying from Regina to Saskatoon?  If it is a national flight it wouldn't constitute smuggling, it would just be stupidity.    I mean, I don't know who would fly from Regina to Saskatoon instead of driving, but in theory its possible.  

If he was flying domestically, it wouldn't qualify as smuggling. But what agency would even "bust" him in such a situation? Does CATSA have the authority to make an arrest?

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
GCn18

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 07:43:26 PM »

Canadian Border Services initiated the charges to the RCMP. If it was a domestic flight neither he, nor his baggage, would be going through customs.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:45:19 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Horseman

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 07:45:15 PM »

If he was flying domestically, it wouldn't qualify as smuggling. But what agency would even "bust" him in such a situation? Does CATSA have the authority to make an arrest?
[/quote]

The article said CBSA (Canada Border Service Agency) discovered the drugs and called the police. I am not sure if Saskatoon Police Service would be the police service of jurisdiction at the airport as airports are typically policed federally (RCMP).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: