Blue Bombers Forum
July 23, 2018, 08:54:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronda Rousey signs with WWE  (Read 1259 times)
Chris1982
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 09:19:49 AM »

Does Winnipeg in general still follow this type of wrestling/entertainment ?

LOL  Cheesy Cheesy  are you seriously asking if a city of almost 800,000 people "generally" follows something?  That is something that is nearly impossible to gauge. 
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »

LOL  Cheesy Cheesy  are you seriously asking if a city of almost 800,000 people "generally" follows something?  That is something that is nearly impossible to gauge. 

Like.....would they sell out the arena still ?.......it's just all my friends gave up on that fake wrestling stuff over two decades ago...
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 05:05:57 PM »

Still a pretty big draw in Winnipeg - WWE was here late last fall and had lots of big names wrestling.  I will admit that in 1989 I attended a live event at the old Winnipeg Arena and it was something else - I wondered where these people came from that were there - then realized "wait a minute, I am here with them..." 

never went back...

I will also admit that I will tune in to the big events like Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania and even though they are only a few times a year - I can still follow the plot lines.

I appreciate the effort it takes and the sacrifice on the bodies of the people that "perform".  It can't be easy flinging yourself around and jumping from heights.
Chris1982
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 06:53:59 PM »

I was a DIE-HARD fan of the WWF from roughly 1988 to 2000.  I used to love watching WWF Superstars on Saturday morning on channel 6 at 10am.  I went to several house shows at the Wpg Arena and to one PPV (In Your House).  I pretty much stopped paying attention to wrestling when it became more of a reality drama TV show than wrestling, roughly around the year 2000-ish.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 11:27:18 AM »

I was a DIE-HARD fan of the WWF from roughly 1988 to 2000.  I used to love watching WWF Superstars on Saturday morning on channel 6 at 10am.  I went to several house shows at the Wpg Arena and to one PPV (In Your House).  I pretty much stopped paying attention to wrestling when it became more of a reality drama TV show than wrestling, roughly around the year 2000-ish.

I was a WCW fan back in the 80's? Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Free Birds, Road Warriors, and the Mulkey Bros... and old Gordon Soley as an announcer... The Mulkeys were about 5'6" and weighed about 160 and were the no names they would trot out to fight the stars. Even if it was scripted those poor boy always wound up taking a beating... ah, good times... lol

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Chris1982
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:04 PM »

I was a WCW fan back in the 80's? Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Free Birds, Road Warriors, and the Mulkey Bros... and old Gordon Soley as an announcer... The Mulkeys were about 5'6" and weighed about 160 and were the no names they would trot out to fight the stars. Even if it was scripted those poor boy always wound up taking a beating... ah, good times... lol

I was more of a WWF fan for a longer period, but I definitely tuned into WCW quite often in the late 90s during the Monday Night Wars.  The nWo was always entertaining.

The WCW was a lot more respectable in their early days.... towards the end they were just making money off of ex-WWF superstars.  Hiring a bunch of old hasbeens from the WWF who were bringing them in money based on their name.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: