Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2018, 10:02:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: James Wilder Jr going to sit out the 2018 season  (Read 12525 times)
kkc60

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 11:37:14 PM »

Or just get Wilder and trade Harris for something we need...
And I thought your QB analysis was bad...
kkc60

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 11:39:25 PM »

I understand where Wilder is coming from. Yes, he agreed to the contract. But a lot can change in a year. Especially at the position he plays, he is one injury away from not having a career. To leave 4 kids behind to play football in another country for 56k, I get how hard a sell that could be
gbill2004

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 11:41:32 PM »

Most will hate that idea because Harris is a fan favourite, but considering Harris is 30 years old, that?s not a terrible idea. There would be fan uproar if it happened though. But logically it makes sense.  I?d want Wilder locked up longer term though.
gbill2004

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 11:44:12 PM »

I understand where Wilder is coming from. Yes, he agreed to the contract. But a lot can change in a year. Especially at the position he plays, he is one injury away from not having a career. To leave 4 kids behind to play football in another country for 56k, I get how hard a sell that could be
Yup. No one is forcing him to play football. He?s aware of the risks and if he?s not willing to take those risks, then he can look into getting a cushy office job.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 11:58:55 PM »

Yeah, that makes total sense. The Bombers should definitely try and sign a disgruntled, self-centered prima donna who from all indications doesn't want to play in the CFL, and then trade away the league's reigning MOC and a key cog on offense. Total sense.

- Nobody Ever

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 12:01:15 AM »

about as bad an idea as I could imagine

Did you watch Wilder last year......Wilder was a wrecking machine last year with an extra gear......Harris has slowed down from how much he was used I feel........It's just just a dream but snagging Wilder this season, trading Harris for the WR or defensive star we are hoping for.....and we become instant grey cup favourites.
gobombersgo

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 12:02:20 AM »

Yup. No one is forcing him to play football. He?s aware of the risks and if he?s not willing to take those risks, then he can look into getting a cushy office job.
Lots of cases of athletes concerned with how an injury would affect future earnings. For example, college players turning pro early or free agent hockey players not playing international tournaments as they don't have insurance.

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2018, 12:04:57 AM »

Yeah, that makes total sense. The Bombers should definitely try and sign a disgruntled, self-centered prima donna who from all indications doesn't want to play in the CFL, and then trade away the league's reigning MOC and a key cog on offense. Total sense.

- Nobody Ever

27 years without the cup.......something's gotta get crazy soon....

I wonder how much this "fan loyalty" towards a player has held the team back over the years.(?) ....or if it actually helps the team ?
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2018, 12:06:58 AM »

...snagging Wilder this season, trading Harris for the WR or defensive star we are hoping for.....and we become instant grey cup favourites.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jesse

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 12:10:21 AM »

I absolutely understand where he?s coming from and if he can get an NFL opportunity from sitting out for a year, power to him.

If the Argos think he?s worth it, they?ll pay him. If they want to make a statement, they can let him sit.
gbill2004

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 12:14:26 AM »

So let?s say we snag Wilder. Then trade Andrew Harris for SJ Green. Won?t happen. But if it did I?d think we?d be favourites. 
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 12:21:27 AM »

I absolutely understand where he?s coming from and if he can get an NFL opportunity from sitting out for a year, power to him.

If the Argos think he?s worth it, they?ll pay him. If they want to make a statement, they can let him sit.

Can the Argonauts rework his contract and give him a raise this season?

So let?s say we snag Wilder. Then trade Andrew Harris for SJ Green. Won?t happen. But if it did I?d think we?d be favourites. 

But this hypothetical set of moves does nothing to address the main weakness of the team: the defense.

FWIW, I'm confident Popp and Trestman find a way to retain Wilder for 2018. You don't just let a player of his talents remain disgruntled.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
blue girl

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 12:21:53 AM »

I can't see us trading a starting Canadian for an American. And BTW if we do who takes Harris's spot on the starting roster.
gbill2004

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 12:24:50 AM »

But this hypothetical set of moves does nothing to address the main weakness of the team: the defense.

FWIW, I'm confident Popp and Trestman find a way to retain Wilder for 2018. You don't just let a player of his talents remain disgruntled.
Okay replace SJ Green with Ted Laurent, under contract. Obviously this will never happen  Wink
Jesse

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 12:27:18 AM »

They could re-work his contract - they are currently refusing to. As many teams do to players who want they?re contracts upgraded after a good season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: