Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2018, 09:01:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Catch  (Read 863 times)
The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 02:13:34 PM »

I consider this a modern-day player problem, meaning today's DBs go for the big hit first
instead of just "wrapping him up". Get your arms around the ball carrier used to be tackling 101.
I think the other problem was... he was trying to avoid a roughing penalty maybe?  or assuming
the receiver was going out of bounds? Any way you look at it, one of the worst plays ever
in a big game situation, but I'm happy for the Vikings and their fans.
I don't think he was looking for a "big hit", I think he was just trying to take is feet out from under him in mid air causing him to land flat on his back and not be able to get out of bounds, but completely wiffed.
You are right, if he would have just grabbed Diggs' feet in the air gravity would have taken care of the rest and game over.
theaardvark

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 02:23:01 PM »

He has stated that he miss timed his leap, and Diggs came down and avoided the contact.  Truly unfortunate mis step...  but again, they aren't even in the game without his pick earlier...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: