Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2018, 08:56:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Catch  (Read 862 times)
Pigskin

« on: January 15, 2018, 01:58:26 PM »

Just when you think there is no way the Vikings can win, Diggs makes The Catch.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »

And Saints' safety Marcus Williams becomes a Vikings hero.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 02:15:58 PM »

That was up there with the Milt Stegall catch and the Bombers comeback last season versus Montreal. 

When Diggs first caught I was thinking he'll go out of bounds and they'd have a great shot at the game winning field goal.  I was shocked, and I think Diggs was too, that he had a free run to the end zone.  That tackle attempt by Marcus Williams reminded me of some poor tackling by the Bombers secondary this past season. 
Chris1982
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:27:18 PM »

For anyone who has not seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzpoj_NxqQ
drahgon

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »

That was up there with the Milt Stegall catch and the Bombers comeback last season versus Montreal. 

When Diggs first caught I was thinking he'll go out of bounds and they'd have a great shot at the game winning field goal.  I was shocked, and I think Diggs was too, that he had a free run to the end zone.  That tackle attempt by Marcus Williams reminded me of some poor tackling by the Bombers secondary this past season. 

x2, went for the highlight reel hit instead of just wrapping and tackling him.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 03:06:34 PM »

That was just incredible!!

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Stretch

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 04:14:08 PM »

Just when you think there is no way the Vikings can win, Diggs makes The Catch.

An amazing play indeed, but be careful what you call it or Dwight Clark might have a word with you.  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
theaardvark

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »

The only explanation that makes sense...

All Williams had to do was make any contact and slow him down.. instead he not only whiffs, but takes out Crawley who would have had a chance to track Diggs down...

Bill Bucknor clips will be returning for 1 v 1 segments...

https://www.thewildcard.com/no-43-saints-opens-now-infamous-non-tackle/

?Man, it was just my play to make. The ball was in the air. I didn?t go attack it,? said the first-year player out of Utah. ?And he came down and made a great play, and that?s just on me. I just gotta be that guy and go up and get the ball. As a safety back there, you gotta be the eraser. And that was my job.?

To his credit, Williams took all the blame, and said he was ready.

?I feel like I was a little early [on my launch toward Diggs]. But at that point, I just gotta make the tackle when he comes down,? Williams said. ?There?s only 10 seconds left. I knew the situation. You gotta make sure you make the play.?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:45:06 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Ducky

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »

Worst play of the year (2018) and one of the worst plays of all time.  Just awful.  Dumb.  Career ruining blunder?
Jesse

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 05:49:10 PM »

Worst play of the year (2018) and one of the worst plays of all time.  Just awful.  Dumb.  Career ruining blunder?

lol. The only reason they were in the game was because of his earlier interception.

He's a rookie already counted as one of the best of his position. I think he'll be fine.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 05:58:41 PM »

lol. The only reason they were in the game was because of his earlier interception.

He's a rookie already counted as one of the best of his position. I think he'll be fine.
Apparently he disabled messages on his instagram account because he was getting trolled so hard by fans! 
Jesse

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 06:29:38 PM »

Apparently he disabled messages on his instagram account because he was getting trolled so hard by fans! 

Poor kid.

Going to be seeing that clip for the rest of his life.
Ducky

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 06:57:05 PM »

I was not completely serious but it could affect him mentally for the rest of his career (nb I was not aware he was a rookie).  He will never live it down.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 07:08:30 PM »

The Prince thing is priceless

best day of NFL IN YEARS YESTERDAY

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
In Motion

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 04:41:54 AM »

I consider this a modern-day player problem, meaning today's DBs go for the big hit first
instead of just "wrapping him up". Get your arms around the ball carrier used to be tackling 101.
I think the other problem was... he was trying to avoid a roughing penalty maybe?  or assuming
the receiver was going out of bounds? Any way you look at it, one of the worst plays ever
in a big game situation, but I'm happy for the Vikings and their fans.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: