Blue Bombers Forum
September 21, 2018, 07:39:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Walters Interview With TSN?s Naylor  (Read 3852 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« on: January 11, 2018, 06:16:41 PM »

I watched this interview which has me wondering about what changes we are going to see on defence this season.  His answers concerning Hall and MOS pressing him a bit more seemed rather lame.   I?m not holding my breath

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Tehedra

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »

Could you provide the link to the interview?
thunderNlightning

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 07:09:00 PM »

Could you provide the link to the interview?

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/mountainside-chats-with-dave-naylor-kyle-walters~1299746
Chris1982
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 08:58:19 PM »

I watched this interview which has me wondering about what changes we are going to see on defence this season.  His answers concerning Hall and MOS pressing him a bit more seemed rather lame.   I?m not holding my breath

Its still only January... I am sure come March or April we will have a lot more insight.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »

Hall back is something I just cannot explain logically

Ugh!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »

Hall back is something I just cannot explain logically

Ugh!
Walters said in the interview that Hall and MOS have a good working relationship!
kkc60

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:19:23 PM »

Walters said in the interview that Hall and MOS have a good working relationship!
Yay! Do they have friendship braclets?
Horseman

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »

Yeah, that good working relationship has really paid off for us on defence these past years. Wink
gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »

Yeah, that good working relationship has really paid off for us on defence these past years. Wink
I know, that's exactly my point.  I don't care if they have a good working relationship...I want results. 

Reminds me of when O'Shea defends a player by saying that they're a hard worker or they speak up in meetings etc.  Who cares what they do in meetings if they suck? 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:55:31 PM by gbill2004 » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »

I know, that's exactly my point.  I don't care if they have a good working relationship...I want results. 

Reminds me of when O'Shea defends a player by saying that they're a hard worker or they speak up in meetings etc.  Who cares what they do in meetings if they suck? 

2015 - 5-13
2016 - 11-7
2017 - 12-6

Happy with Glenn being .500, but MOS/Hall/Lapo being 23/36 (.639) sucks? 

You want results?  What the heck do they have to do to please you? 

I know, playoff wins.  Well, KG broke his arm and WBB faithful's hearts and he gets a glowing review.  But Nichols breaks a finger on his throwing hand and guts it out and they lose the WSF by one score, missing Leggett, Adams, Westerman as well as Nichols being injured... 

Its a nine team league, and we should have won the GC recently, I get it.  But this crew has had only a few years to right what was a horribly bad ship. 

If you want results, the last thing you want to do is "rebulid" a 12-6 crew...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 07:21:43 PM »

2015 - 5-13
2016 - 11-7
2017 - 12-6

I know, playoff wins.  Well, KG broke his arm and WBB faithful's hearts and he gets a glowing review.  But Nichols breaks a finger on his throwing hand and guts it out and they lose the WSF by one score, missing Leggett, Adams, Westerman as well as Nichols being injured... 

Its a nine team league, and we should have won the GC recently, I get it.  But this crew has had only a few years to right what was a horribly bad ship. 

Everyone has already acknowledged the D is a problem. Watch O?Shea?s and Walters end of season pressers.
GCn18

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 07:27:37 PM »

2015 - 5-13
2016 - 11-7
2017 - 12-6

This, or any other team, only gets to skate on the rebuild moniker for so long. Our corps is aging and it's time to win NOW. If that doesn't happen then, yes...it is rebuild time and I doubt that everyone in management and coaching is around to do it. This notion of yours that there is an infinite window of time to win is pure fallacy.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »

This, or any other team, only gets to skate on the rebuild moniker for so long. Our corps is aging and it's time to win NOW. If that doesn't happen then, yes...it is rebuild time and I doubt that everyone in management and coaching is around to do it. This notion of yours that there is an infinite window of time to win is pure fallacy.

You think I believe in an "Infinite window"?  Horse hockey.  Of course it is not infinite.  But it is a heck of a lot longer than 2 years removed from a 5-13 season...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 08:22:09 PM »

I think every year is basically win now in the CFL. The only exception is for teams who have been so badly mismanaged that they can't possibly correct the issues over a single off-season, which is what we went through. As long as you have a steady flow of decent Canadians you'll be set. You can always reload in free agency with all those one-year contracts and theoretically scouting should come through here and there. It's not like the NHL where teams seem to go through boom and bust cycles where losing painfully for several years is required each and every time you rebuild. In the CFL you really can win infinitely so long as you can find a QB and have decent Canadians.
gbill2004

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 08:25:27 PM »

I think every year is basically win now in the CFL. The only exception is for teams who have been so badly mismanaged that they can't possibly correct the issues over a single off-season, which is what we went through. As long as you have a steady flow of decent Canadians you'll be set. You can always reload in free agency with all those one-year contracts and theoretically scouting should come through here and there. It's not like the NHL where teams seem to go through boom and bust cycles where losing painfully for several years is required each and every time you rebuild. In the CFL you really can win infinitely so long as you can find a QB and have decent Canadians.
Andrew Harris is on his last legs, and Westerman is as well, if he even returns.  But I think we have a solid young core of Canadians with Loffler, Chungh, Goossen, and Couture/Spooner, and hopefully Ekakitie. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: